"Shiny" and "Pure" Gear Compendium

LucasLazuli

Inkling
NNID
xXLucasLazuliXx
Is it Smart to go for a Pure Hero Armor Replica?
It can't be Ordered, But it would still be AWESOME!

McToffin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McToffin
Looking for any pure Damage Up gear or Strapping Reds with at least x2 Ink Saver Mains.
I have the triple on Strapping Reds , I even rerolled it and got the triple again a few tries after lmao.

Send me a friend request and hopefully I'll be on as you send it. I should be ready a few hours from this post if you're lucky to see it in time.

ChiePet

Pro Squid
NNID
ChiePet
I am kinda confused; how are you ordering gear from people? My brain's sayin "Finds them in plaza, orders it from Spike, crosses fingers the loadouts end up the same" or is there something else happening?

Njok

Bouncer
I am kinda confused; how are you ordering gear from people? My brain's sayin "Finds them in plaza, orders it from Spike, crosses fingers the loadouts end up the same" or is there something else happening?
The people that show up in your plaza are the people that you played with most recently. So if you add each other and play a match, you'll find the other in your plaza.

Also, pure Squash headband coming in soon. Got it yesterday with 2 damage subs and the third slot not yet added so i am giving in and going to save scum it because i reallllllly want it badly.

Edit: nvm, wasted 5 hours on this and never got it. To make it worse, at 23:55 i tried to reset it to at least buy the thing with 2 subs but wasn't fast enough and ended up not being able to buy the headband at all :(

Question about the save scum: Since the third slot is not even added yet, can i buy it and then back it up or do i still need to make the back up before i buy it? And if it's the latter, will it stay available only today or will it reset every time to the moment where Spyke finally found something usefull (so if i read the backup back tomorrow, will he still have the headband? Because normally he only keeps it 24h and i'm not completely sure how the backup thing works)

Last edited:

McToffin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McToffin
The people that show up in your plaza are the people that you played with most recently. So if you add each other and play a match, you'll find the other in your plaza.

Also, pure Squash headband coming in soon. Got it yesterday with 2 damage subs and the third slot not yet added so i am giving in and going to save scum it because i reallllllly want it badly.

Question about the save scum: Since the third slot is not even added yet, can i buy it and then back it up or do i still need to make the back up before i buy it? And if it's the latter, will it stay available only today or will it reset every time to the moment where Spyke finally found something usefull (so if i read the backup back tomorrow, will he still have the headband? Because normally he only keeps it 24h and i'm not completely sure how the backup thing works)
That is a good question. Even when adding slots to gear, I am quite sure that the outcome is set no matter what. So yes, you will have to set the point before you buy it. You also get 24 hours to keep the gear, I'm pretty sure. If you can't change your Wii U time to trick Spyke, I don't think that save data will matter. I'm not 100% sure but for your sake try and get it before the 24h.

Njok

Bouncer
Thanks.

Yeah, unless somebody knows for sure that Spyke will still have it tomorrow, i guess i'm not taking that risk and will do it tonight. It's gonna feel like a splatfest to grind for that third sub but it's worth it, i'd take it over 24 snails always :D

McToffin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McToffin
Thanks.

Yeah, unless somebody knows for sure that Spyke will still have it tomorrow, i guess i'm not taking that risk and will do it tonight. It's gonna feel like a splatfest to grind for that third sub but it's worth it, i'd take it over 24 snails always :D
You could play ranked and hopefully unlock it in one game, however you do need to win it. Turf Wars you could just roll with the aerospray and hope your team doesn't suck. It should only take a few hours, it's like a 1/33 chance so it's not that harsh. Anyway, if it goes well, let me know, I could do with ordering that too!

Njok

Bouncer
You could play ranked and hopefully unlock it in one game, however you do need to win it. Turf Wars you could just roll with the aerospray and hope your team doesn't suck. It should only take a few hours, it's like a 1/33 chance so it's not that harsh. Anyway, if it goes well, let me know, I could do with ordering that too!
Not playing ranked because then i would basically be rank scumming too, staying away from that. I'll probably do it in squad battles, but it's still a grind :p

Also, you could already order it if you want, your best chance to get it is with 2 subs anyway and unlock the third yourself (the chance of it coming with all 3 is 0,5%). That's how i ordered it too, the original piece i ordered had swim speed as a third sub. I half expected it to come with all 3 that one time i didn't want it too :D

McToffin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McToffin
Not playing ranked because then i would basically be rank scumming too, staying away from that. I'll probably do it in squad battles, but it's still a grind :p

Also, you could already order it if you want, your best chance to get it is with 2 subs anyway and unlock the third yourself (the chance of it coming with all 3 is 0,5%). That's how i ordered it too, the original piece i ordered had swim speed as a third sub. I half expected it to come with all 3 that one time i didn't want it too :D
Doing it in ranked wouldn't really be ranked save scumming because you will mostly be reverting your data anyway. Even if you win or lose you don't care unless you get the ability, so you'll end up at the end with the 1 win or loss. You are simply doing it for the extra XP. As long as you play your best as usual it should be alright.

And if you wouldn't mind letting me order it, that'd be great. I'm in ranked so if you could add me I'll get to it right away.

Njok

Bouncer
Doing it in ranked wouldn't really be ranked save scumming because you will mostly be reverting your data anyway. Even if you win or lose you don't care unless you get the ability, so you'll end up at the end with the 1 win or loss. You are simply doing it for the extra XP. As long as you play your best as usual it should be alright.

And if you wouldn't mind letting me order it, that'd be great. I'm in ranked so if you could add me I'll get to it right away.
I guess you're right about that yeah, but still i would feel bad. Especially if i win 2 and then have to reset it :P Just doing squad battles would be the best for me i think.

I am not at home at the moment unfortunately, but tonight i'll be available and we can do a match so you can order it (i am in the CEST timezone, will be available from 8pm-ish).

ChiePet

Pro Squid
NNID
ChiePet
Is it really as simple as ordering (say, Fryfish Visor w/3x Ink Saver Sub) from an inkling in the plaza, and when retrieved from Spyke, after grinding and adding slots to get it to 3 slots, that it would be the same?

Njok

Bouncer
Is it really as simple as ordering (say, Fryfish Visor w/3x Ink Saver Sub) from an inkling in the plaza, and when retrieved from Spyke, after grinding and adding slots to get it to 3 slots, that it would be the same?
No, you have to get lucky to get either all slots (0,5% chance) or two slots (9,5%) unlocked.

If it's two slots you can use the data exploit to get the same sub in the third slot --> you make a backup before buying the gear, then you buy it and add the third slot and unlock it, if it's not the sub you hoped for, reload the backup and repeat.

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
So there should be some etiquette to this sharing process. If you are requesting gear and the other person is just sharing and not getting anything out of it make sure you've already sent that person a friend request so they aren't sitting in a private lobby wondering why you aren't joining. I added a bunch of people at once only to realize some people never even sent a request despite them wanting the gear.

D

Deleted Member

So there should be some etiquette to this sharing process. If you are requesting gear and the other person is just sharing and not getting anything out of it make sure you've already sent that person a friend request so they aren't sitting in a private lobby wondering why you aren't joining. I added a bunch of people at once only to realize some people never even sent a request despite them wanting the gear.
I'm here. I have some x3 gear that I'll share.

Sage Polo x3 Ink Saver Main
White Inky Rider x3 Run Speed Up
Layered Vector LS x3 Special Charge Up

Blue Moto Boots x3 Run Speed Up
Red Hi-Tops x3 Swim Speed Up
Neon Sea Slugs x3 Ink Recovery Up
Punk Whites x3 Run Speed Up

Manocheese

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ABC1776
I saw a player with two shiny pieces of gear:

18K Aviators
Primary: Last-Ditch Effort
Secondary: Ink Recovery Up x3

Dark Urban Vest
Primary: Cold-Blooded
Secondary: Swim Speed Up

NNID is DubstepSquirtle7.

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
I would kill to order these things from you.
Add me.
Ericire is my NNID. I will be available everyday from 10:00 AM CST to 11:00 AM CST. I work the nightshift so my schedule is a bit bleh until my off days. If you can't be available at those times shoot me a message and we'll work something out.

Same for anyone else. I'm here right now if you need to grab something from me.

NNID: Ericire

What I own.
:head_hbd002::ability_damage:|:ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:
:head_eye007::ability_specialcharge:|:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
:ability_damage:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:shoes_sht002::ability_inkresistance:|:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
:shoes_shi005::ability_inkresistance:|:ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
:shoes_bot003::ability_inkresistance:|:ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:
:shoes_cfs001::ability_damage:|:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
:shoes_sht004::ability_damage:|:ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
:shoes_bot001::ability_bombrange:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:

What I'm looking for
:ability_quickrespawn:|:ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
:ability_comeback:|:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:ability_damage:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:|:ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange:
:ability_bombrange:|:ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:ability_recon:|:ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
:ability_specialcharge:|:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
:ability_defenseup:|:ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:
:ability_specialsaver:|:ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver:
:ability_inkresistance:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:

Working On
:ability_comeback:|:ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
Add me.
Ericire is my NNID. I will be available everyday from 10:00 AM CST to 11:00 AM CST. I work the nightshift so my schedule is a bit bleh until my off days. If you can't be available at those times shoot me a message and we'll work something out.

Same for anyone else. I'm here right now if you need to grab something from me.

NNID: Ericire

What I own.
:head_hbd002::ability_damage:|:ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:
:head_eye007::ability_specialcharge:|:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
:ability_damage:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:shoes_sht002::ability_inkresistance:|:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
:shoes_shi005::ability_inkresistance:|:ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
:shoes_bot003::ability_inkresistance:|:ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:
:shoes_cfs001::ability_damage:|:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
:shoes_sht004::ability_damage:|:ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
:shoes_bot001::ability_bombrange:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:

What I'm looking for
:ability_quickrespawn:|:ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
:ability_comeback:|:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:ability_damage:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:|:ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange:
:ability_bombrange:|:ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange::ability_bombrange:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:ability_recon:|:ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
:ability_specialcharge:|:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
:ability_defenseup:|:ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:
:ability_specialsaver:|:ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver:
:ability_inkresistance:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:

Working On
:ability_comeback:|:ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
I assume you won't since you already have a pure top, but I have an all damage up varsity jacket if you'd like to try your luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom