"Shiny" and "Pure" Gear Compendium

D

Deleted Member

How do I save scum? Is it 100% safe? Any chance of a corrupted file?

Loolsaasmeem

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Loolsaasmeem
How do I save scum? Is it 100% safe? Any chance of a corrupted file?
Plug in an USB stick and copy the game data from the wii u to the USB stick (wii u settings) , leave the stick in and start splatoon. Now reroll/order from spyke. If you are unhappy with the results, exit the game and copy the wii u safe to the USB stick again. If you are happy with the results, do the opposite (copy game data from USB to wii u)
Hope this makes sense:D

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel
D

Deleted Member

Plug in an USB stick and copy the game data from the wii u to the USB stick (wii u settings) , leave the stick in and start splatoon. Now reroll/order from spyke. If you are unhappy with the results, exit the game and copy the wii u safe to the USB stick again. If you are happy with the results, do the opposite (copy game data from USB to wii u)
Hope this makes sense:D
I don't get it.

So if I have a Splatoon save file on both the USB Stick and the Wii U system memory, the USB stick save is the one that the game uses? And once I'm done, just remove the stick?

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
Exactly my point of nobody knows who has what anymore. The posts are scattered through the thread. Can the OP be updated?

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
I don't get it.

So if I have a Splatoon save file on both the USB Stick and the Wii U system memory, the USB stick save is the one that the game uses? And once I'm done, just remove the stick?
Yeah it will use the save from the USB. If you wasn't successful in getting the roll you wanted. Delete the usb save and copy over from the wiiu system again. If you are successful, then move the usb save overwritting the other.

D

Deleted Member

Yeah it will use the save from the USB. If you wasn't successful in getting the roll you wanted. Delete the usb save and copy over from the wiiu system again. If you are successful, then move the usb save overwritting the other.
I have to copy everything over from the Wii U. It wont let me just copy the save.

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
What do you mean it won't let you? You only need open the wiiu system files and click copy/move. Then select the splatoon file and choose copy. It will ask you to confirm and then take a short amount of time.

D

Deleted Member

What do you mean it won't let you? You only need open the wiiu system files and click copy/move. Then select the splatoon file and choose copy. It will ask you to confirm and then take a short amount of time.
I have to copy over everything. All 2000 MB. The game too, not just the save file. Takes way too long.

Manocheese

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ABC1776
I have to copy over everything. All 2000 MB. The game too, not just the save file. Takes way too long.
Unfortunately, that's what I've heard: you have to copy the entire game if you have the digital version. If you have the physical version, you only need to copy about 300 MB (which still takes some time).

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Since this thread is getting unwieldy and away from its stated aim, I've started a dedicated thread for gear polishing and purification.

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member

So I know sub-slots that which haven't been unlocked or added yet are determined the moment you purchase the gear from Spyke. So when are the standard sub-slots determined? When you order gear from a player or when it hits 12:00 AM and Spyke has it in stock?

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel
Who'd be in to play with me soon? I'm gonna toss on that jersey with :ability_ninjasquid::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:, my Sporty Bobble Hat with :ability_tenacity::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:, and... idk what I'll do about the shoes lol

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
Who'd be in to play with me soon? I'm gonna toss on that jersey with :ability_ninjasquid::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:, my Sporty Bobble Hat with :ability_tenacity::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:, and... idk what I'll do about the shoes lol
Me! I would gladly order them ,even though I know that Spyke is gonna be bad for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom