"Shiny" and "Pure" Gear Compendium

McToffin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McToffin
Holy crap! Mind if i try to order that from you?
Definitely, if you haven't added me PM me on squidboards and I'll hook you up.

Any gear with 3 bomb range subs is going to be a shiny, or even crazier, a pure. It's definitely the rarest triple since there are no brands for it. It's basically, you save scummed, and here's the proof. :p

McToffin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McToffin
Forgot to mention, got another shiny yesterday. 2 in a day! I'm pissed at this one though, like I already have 3 run speed, just give me damage or special charge... :mad: I spent like 800k in the end to keep these, worth it for the swag points. Never really used it for ink saver main anyway.

Last edited:

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Kinda sounds tough though...I mean I could get a triple damage up or other triples besides swim speed...gonna take a long time I guess.
It's certainly true that you're unlikely to have your first triple be your preferred triple, but they do come around with much greater frequency than the calculated 0.2% chance would suggest. My approach was to wait till I had a large stock of snails - at least 20 - then use the data exploit, but only restore after using all the snails (rather than after just one, which would take ages). Took a couple of days of rerolling whenever I had a little spare time, and I had a lot of unwanted triples come around before I got the ones I wanted, but still it didn't take too long (I can attest that going through the ordering and perfecting process takes longer).

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
It's certainly true that you're unlikely to have your first triple be your preferred triple, but they do come around with much greater frequency than the calculated 0.2% chance would suggest. My approach was to wait till I had a large stock of snails - at least 20 - then use the data exploit, but only restore after using all the snails (rather than after just one, which would take ages). Took a couple of days of rerolling whenever I had a little spare time, and I had a lot of unwanted triples come around before I got the ones I wanted, but still it didn't take too long (I can attest that going through the ordering and perfecting process takes longer).
Alright then. Gonna wait for the next Splatfest or try it with my coins cause im a rich squiddo anyways. x)

Njok

Bouncer
Yep i tried to do this as well but couldn't stand resetting the damn data every time and just stopped. I also would be doing it just to get a shiny or pure for the sake of it because i already have all the builds i want, so i figured it's not worth it for me.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Yeah it's only worth the effort if you really want something that isn't already provided for in some other way, and I would only recommend trying it with neutral brand gear, since with non-neutral the chances of rolling a specific shiny are so small that you really could be rolling forever.

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
The OP really needs to be updated if this will be stickied.

mindscarp

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mindscarp
How does ordering work for 1-star and 2-star gear? Are the odds the same as with 3-star gear as long as the player unlocked all slots? Just wanting to know if I should even bother ordering non-3-star gear. I'm interested in the “~10 % odds of getting 2/3 subs” method.

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
I tried to make a thread where people made one post and updated their own. But it didnt work. Just cluttered mess.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
These guys:shoes_slp000:will give you the equivalent since they have bomb range up main and are from Krak-on, though of course Joey's shiny looks a hell of a lot nicer.

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
These guys:shoes_slp000:will give you the equivalent since they have bomb range up main and are from Krak-on, though of course Joey's shiny looks a hell of a lot nicer.
i know i hate the look of those and i already have them 3 slotted with swim speed. i want all black gear!

Kevham

Inkling
NNID
Kevham
Recently re-rolled :shoes_slo002:They've got :ability_inksaversub: as a main and :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration: for sub. Either that or :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:. My memory's a bit foggy.

Also, still looking for shiny or pure Pilot goggles:head_eye002:

McToffin

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McToffin
Got my first pure!

I actually ordered this from a Japanese player who had only the first 2 slots unlocked. Because it's 2 star, it took like 3/4 hours to get because the last slot took 10,000 points to unlock. I had to also keep adding the last slot when I reverted my data. It took 2 ranked wins to level it up, so it took me like 20/25 ranked games to finish.

Even though I was playing ranked, I still reverted whenever I didn't get the defence, and I only lost 1 game which was because I forgot to change my gear and weapon from turf wars. And I wouldn't say I save scummed ranked, I mean in the end I got the pure gear and 2 ranked wins but I'm already max rank. I actually missed out on a lot of gold.

If any of you want it then add me. However I'm looking for a pure Takoroka Mesh simply because this cap is ugly as hell.

Chocolil

Inkling Cadet
NNID
EricirE
Been rolling for that hat all morning just to get 2 Defense Up Subs. My order list is full right now but if you are free another day I sure do want to order it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom