Should Bomb Rush be banned on Blackbelly?

Bomb Rush

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • No

Votes: 80 98.8%

• Total voters

Mr.HawK

The Artist
Frame rate has never really been much of an issue in this scenario. it could just be bad internet

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
While I think nothing should be banned in general, fps drops are a huge problem on Skatepark. Especially for chargers. It's literally impossible to aim during framerate drops.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
I don't know if it's a thing. But if you ban that, you are basically banning some weapons which i'm definitely not a fan of :/
I'm fully aware of that, but go into a private room with 4-8 people shooting off bomb rush at once and let me know how the FPS are holding up.

ArcEmpyreus

Creative Consultant
I'm fully aware of that, but go into a private room with 4-8 people shooting off bomb rush at once and let me know how the FPS are holding up.
If it's such an issue then banning it is not the solution. Fixing how the game handles explosives and a bit of optimizing sounds like a real solution instead of banning out 1/4th of the weapons. Perhaps a better baud aid solution would be banning skatepark in competitive and ranked until the issue is resolved

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
Then again, how often are 4-8 bomb rushes going off at the same time in an actual match? Not only that, but why would there even be that many people having the same kind of special in an actual match?

SlimyQuagsire

Pro Squid
NNID
SlimyQuagsire
If, for some reason, there are that many bomb rushes being ran often in the meta, then just limit the amount of bomb rushes. But outright banning it is silly and shouldn't ever be done unless absolutely necessary.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Indeed. It's not like the Tentatek has bomb rush.
When you realize the meta will not stay as 4 tentatek pub teams you'll see there are many viable strategies. One being suction bomb spam.

Then again, how often are 4-8 bomb rushes going off at the same time in an actual match? Not only that, but why would there even be that many people having the same kind of special in an actual match?
I've played against bomb spam. My squad has played it against other teams. It's actually incredibly powerful.

Bwarb Bwarb

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BwarbbBwarb
So, is the title of this Thread appearing on the next Try not to laugh challenge? Sorry but banning Bomb Rush is the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard from someone in the Splatoon Community!

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
So, is the title of this Thread appearing on the next Try not to laugh challenge? Sorry but banning Bomb Rush is the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard from someone in the Splatoon Community!
I'm assuming you don't play competitive, so you're in the wrong section of the forums. Like mentioned earlier by a Charger player, frame drops is a massive problem in any game being played at a high level. Blackbelly in particular has frame rate issues by just playing on it, and bomb rush is a special that exacerbates it, especially if used by multiple people at once.

RespawningJesus

NNID
RespawningJesus
When you realize the meta will not stay as 4 tentatek pub teams you'll see there are many viable strategies. One being suction bomb spam.

I've played against bomb spam. My squad has played it against other teams. It's actually incredibly powerful.
Honestly, I don't think it is wise to have a team comp centered on the suction bomb rush, since only two weapons can use it: the Splash-o-matic and the Rapid Blaster Deco. This limits the range your team has overall, and if you plan on running multiple weapons that run it, then good luck with your range problem, because just leaving the range game to a charger or some other weapon is generally a bad idea. You could potentially run two suction bomb rushes at most, but it still seems a little iffy to bank your strat on a special to me.

But back to the framerate issue, in an actual match, I highly doubt that enough suction bombs will go off to lower the framerate of a match, assuming it takes at least 4 people to cause it to dip.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Honestly, I don't think it is wise to have a team comp centered on the suction bomb rush, since only two weapons can use it: the Splash-o-matic and the Rapid Blaster Deco. This limits the range your team has overall, and if you plan on running multiple weapons that run it, then good luck with your range problem, because just leaving the range game to a charger or some other weapon is generally a bad idea. You could potentially run two suction bomb rushes at most, but it still seems a little iffy to bank your strat on a special to me.

But back to the framerate issue, in an actual match, I highly doubt that enough suction bombs will go off to lower the framerate of a match, assuming it takes at least 4 people to cause it to dip.
Charger and Luna Blaster Neo(?) both have splat bomb rushes. Both are very strong weapon picks for the map and can charge those specials quite fast due to their survival rate. Suction Bomb Rush was my primary example because 1) suction bombs are so powerful and 2) how many places you can stick them due to the plethora of vertical walls in the center area. From my experience that particular bomb rush causes the most amount of slowdown as well. This is in no way ruling out Burst Bombs (splattershot) or Splat Bombs.

Last edited:

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x

Powerful or not, that's no reason to ban it. As for frame rate drops, this is hardly ever an issue because only two weapons actually have Suction Bomb Rush(Splashomatic and Rapid Blaster Deco), which hardly anyone ever uses. Even if more than one person has Bomb Rush as a special, it's very unlikely that they'd be charged at the same time and also have both of them using it simultaneously. There's also the fact that even if two people were using Bomb Rush at the same time, it's not like the frame rate drop is permanent. All these reasons make it pretty much a non-issue. It's annoying but at the same time it's very minor.

Furthermore, if we're going to ban anything, that would just open the door to other weapons being banned too, which I definitely wouldn't want. Banning anything solves nothing and avoids the issue entirely.

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
Im not completely for a ban, but I agree, bomb rush can really kill the FPS sometimes.

ArcEmpyreus

Creative Consultant
Of all the points I made in my reply you focused on the joke. Quite frankly since the issue is about bomb spam causing framerate drops it's not a question of the meta, but what should be done to prevent an issue from occurring during organized play or ranked . Which I addressed in the post you didn't reply to:

If it's such an issue then banning it is not the solution. Fixing how the game handles explosives and a bit of optimizing sounds like a real solution instead of banning out 1/4th of the weapons. Perhaps a better band aid solution would be banning skatepark in competitive and ranked until the issue is resolved.

RespawningJesus

NNID
RespawningJesus
Charger and Luna Blaster Neo(?) both have splat bomb rushes. Both are very strong weapon picks for the map and can charge those specials quite fast due to their survival rate. Suction Bomb Rush was my primary example because 1) suction bombs are so powerful and 2) how many places you can stick them due to the plethora of vertical walls in the center area. From my experience that particular bomb rush causes the most amount of slowdown as well. This is in no way ruling out Burst Bombs (splattershot) or Splat Bombs.
Ah, okay, I thought we were talking about Suction Bomb Rush exclusively. Anyways, my point still stands on the number of Bomb Rushes you should bring in, as well as how many Bomb Rushes that is logically going to occur at the same time. I still think some diversity in specials is far more effective than just an emphasis on Bomb Rush.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
If it's such an issue then banning it is not the solution. Fixing how the game handles explosives and a bit of optimizing sounds like a real solution instead of banning out 1/4th of the weapons. Perhaps a better baud aid solution would be banning skatepark in competitive and ranked until the issue is resolved
this sounds reasonable. Why couldn't they just fix the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom