Should Bomb Rush be banned on Blackbelly?

Bomb Rush

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • No

Votes: 80 98.8%

• Total voters

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
It should not be banned, the framerate drops whould be fixed. I agree that framerate drops do make it hard to aim, but banning it is just no. Bomb Rush is not broken. It should not be banned. You should not have a team with this many bomb rushes going at the same time anyway. So, my answer is no. It should not be banned.

ArcEmpyreus

Creative Consultant
this sounds reasonable. Why couldn't they just fix the problem?
Eh I agree it should be addressed and fixed. However I don't think we have enough information AND we don't have a place to report bugs or suggestions to Nintendo. It MAY be a hardware limitation (which I seriously doubt) but it's possible. If it's going t be a competitive game then taking maps out of rotation for "Construction" is a plausible solution since they've done it before.

Bwarb Bwarb

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BwarbbBwarb
I'm assuming you don't play competitive, so you're in the wrong section of the forums. Like mentioned earlier by a Charger player, frame drops is a massive problem in any game being played at a high level. Blackbelly in particular has frame rate issues by just playing on it, and bomb rush is a special that exacerbates it, especially if used by multiple people at once.
I've never had Frame-rate drops during multiple Bomb Rushes, but I see how devastating it could be in competitive matches. However, I still don't think we should ban Bomb Rush and all the weapons that use it! What about Splat Charger Mains? Or splash-o-matic? Or Rapid Blaster Deco? Or the Splatershot? They'll have to learn new weapons and get use to different specials.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
Eh I agree it should be addressed and fixed. However I don't think we have enough information AND we don't have a place to report bugs or suggestions to Nintendo. It MAY be a hardware limitation (which I seriously doubt) but it's possible. If it's going t be a competitive game then taking maps out of rotation for "Construction" is a plausible solution since they've done it before.
My guess is that it is indeed a hardware limitation. I mean, I never really had any problems playing on Blackbelly framerate wise, if I was playing an ordinary match, but I can easily see people who can try to overload the game by an excessive amount of bombs going off at once. You can do this in other games too by having too many things going on to the point where the game can't handle it anymore, causing you to drop frames, but the thing is that you really need to be doing this intentionally to make it happen. And I highly doubt in a competitive match that you will have an excessive amount of bomb rushes going off at the same time, which is why I see no issue in Bomb Rush or Blackbelly to begin with.

ArcEmpyreus

Creative Consultant
My guess is that it is indeed a hardware limitation. I mean, I never really had any problems playing on Blackbelly framerate wise, if I was playing an ordinary match, but I can easily see people who can try to overload the game by an excessive amount of bombs going off at once. You can do this in other games too by having too many things going on to the point where the game can't handle it anymore, causing you to drop frames, but the thing is that you really need to be doing this intentionally to make it happen. And I highly doubt in a competitive match that you will have an excessive amount of bomb rushes going off at the same time, which is why I see no issue in Bomb Rush or Blackbelly to begin with.
Most definitely, but if it's something that can be fixed it should be fixed, not that it will be an issue until the unthinkable happens and that infinitely small chance occurs with all 8 players throwing bomb rushes at once.

RespawningJesus

NNID
RespawningJesus
Most definitely, but if it's something that can be fixed it should be fixed, not that it will be an issue until the unthinkable happens and that infinitely small chance occurs with all 8 players throwing bomb rushes at once.
That is true. If it can be better optimized, I am all for it. The only question is a matter of when it will be optimized, which takes time of course, or if it can be optimized at all.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Ah, okay, I thought we were talking about Suction Bomb Rush exclusively. Anyways, my point still stands on the number of Bomb Rushes you should bring in, as well as how many Bomb Rushes that is logically going to occur at the same time. I still think some diversity in specials is far more effective than just an emphasis on Bomb Rush.
Multiple bomb rushes happening at once is a rare occurrence yes and impacts the game harder, but in a more realistic and organized fashion is launching specials one after another. My squad originally came across a suction bomb team on Salt Spray running a similar strategy (they used them one after another while the other 3 threw suction bombs during the current bomb rush). It impacted the FPS and dropped it below 30 quite frequently. It's worse on Blackbelly.

To everyone else: I do not like advocating bans of weapons or stages. I had opened this thread as a discussion because Blackbelly is known for frame rate drops and how bomb rush can be exploited. I am also well aware that Nintendo can fix the issue and I want them to.

Rhode

$("div.content::dd").hide();
NNID
ricobullet
Because the game dropping to 30 frames per second is completely unplayable right, lol.

No weapons, gear, abilities, or sub weapons should be banned for any reason.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Because the game dropping to 30 frames per second is completely unplayable right, lol.

Do you know what 30fps looks like? The game goes sub 30. Somewhere in the realm of 15-20fps.

D

Deleted Member

Dipping below 30FPS is pretty bad if the game runs at 60FPS in all other instances.

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum

I don't think you understand
it literally cuts the FPS in half

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
I don't think you understand
it literally cuts the FPS in half
More than half. Base game is 60fps. Inkopolis Plaza is locked to 30 (it was sub 30 when the game launched). When the game lags it's usually somewhere between 15-20. Only a few times I've seen it get lower.

RespawningJesus

NNID
RespawningJesus

When a game runs at 60 FPS and then you go to half the frame rate it was supposed to run at, it is a really big deal.

1o2

Inkling Cadet
If this is playing the game at a high competitive level, couldn't you just ban Blackbelly and call it a day? I mean seriously, not many other maps have lag problems when bomb rush is being used, or at least in my experience.

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
Hmmm, I've seen multiple bomb rushes in skatepark and while my fps does drop significantly it's still never ever posed a problem for me aiming my shots as a charger. At least not yet. Being completely honest here and not trying to brag but has someone actually tested the fps that drop when these situations occur? Just curious.

StaffofSmashing

Senior Squid
NNID
Lolu83
With a Bomb Rush in the middle of an intense ranked match the game drops to around 20 FPS. Being a .96 Gal Deco / Krak On main this usually isn't a problem, as I can still keep track of my enemies. I have seen this screw chargers 7 ways across hell. With new Splatoon tournaments, Blackbelly would have to be choice banned all together (lol). There are Splatterscope, Splash-O-Matic, Probably Carbon Roller Deco (Seeker Rush ftfw) mains who are going to avoid this as a counter-pick of something like that if that happens because now whatever is not rushing has no idea what's happeneing.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Banning Skatepark in general isn't a bad idea in my opinion. Literally the only mode which is playable there is Tower Control and even there once the Tower reaches the halfpipe area, the game is practically over. Rainmaker is a coin flip and Splat Zones is outright chaos.

(And yeah, you guessed right, it's my least favorite map :D)

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
It sucks, but it also impacts both teams. So it isn't exactly like it's unfair or anything. I don't know how if effects chargers, but as a roller/gun main I actually play better when the frame rate drops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom