Should Free For All be considered by Nintendo?

Mr.Single

Inkling
NNID
TheLordoftheRing
Want to hear thoughts in regards to a free for all. I would think it would be more like traditional shooters where the person with the most kills wins. Should this be considered or would it hurt the overall gameplay aspect of Splatoon?

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
I think it would still be turf based but that explosion of your ink when you kill someone would be critical so kills would be important.

GreyIsSquidNow

Inkling
NNID
Greymanz
I think a turf based, all color brawl would be good. One player per color, you'd fight in a larger, more center based arena, and youd try to get more turf as always.

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
I'd love to see it but I don't think it's likely. Probably the biggest problem is balance, since every other multiplayer mode is balanced for teams besides the Battle Dojo which has a severely cut down weapon selection and no specials besides the items.

Mr.Single

Inkling
NNID
TheLordoftheRing
I'd love to see it but I don't think it's likely. Probably the biggest problem is balance, since every other multiplayer mode is balanced for teams besides the Battle Dojo which has a severely cut down weapon selection and no specials besides the items.
What if it was very limited, say only one type of weapon class? Would that solve the issue without taking away from the gameplay itself?

IxaVerse

Senior Squid
NNID
Uselessguy12
If we were to have 6 player battles then it would probably be Turf War only because having to hold a spot for one hundred seconds with 5 other people wanting your head would be a bit unfair.

GreyIsSquidNow

Inkling
NNID
Greymanz
What if it was very limited, say only one type of weapon class? Would that solve the issue without taking away from the gameplay itself?
That gets rid of the hole idea of Splatoon. You may aswell go outside and play with paintball guns

PremiumFootwear

Full Squid
NNID
PremiumFootwear
Free for all modes could be fun, I don't think having a turf war or deathmatch variant would work well with splatoon though, both in theme and gameplay. I could see something like free for all splat zones with multiple zones, owning a single zone gives a small amount of points, owning more than one gives a little more. Something along those lines.

The real problem with free for all would be all the different colors everywhere, there's enough color variety to where I think it could work, but nobody would have enough ink coverage anywhere to get around. It'd be quite the mess.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I would definitely want that. There's really no reason to not have it.

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
That's what makes it good. The zones switching from team to team ink flying everywhere is the best part of splat zones

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
Maybe in Private matches, but I don't know how it would fare in public servers. 1v1s would also be nice

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
Yep. For the lolz. Mode should be called "Acid Trip".

I'm not funny. :C

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I think it'd be pretty cool if they do it right. The problem is, I'm not sure how they'd do it right.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I don't think it would work at all, the fact that ink is movement in this game means it needs to be teams. In a free-for-all you'd have very little room as you get stuck in a dozen different colors of enemy ink, and you'd never be able to hide or flee.

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
I think most maps are just not fit for multiple spawn points for each player. Even if the spawn points are hidden from others in plain sight, it'd still be difficult to pull off. Maybe an online mode of the local multiplayer could be made.

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
Yes.

Either make all the Inklings the same color, or allow them to swim in any ink regardless of color. Maybe make a special rainbow-colored Inkling just for that :V

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom