Should weapon weight affect swim speed?

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
It would be an interesting mechanic, and add some more depth to the game, as long as it's balanced.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
As long as it's kept relatively simple, I could get behind this idea in the sequel. Don't want to add TOO many variables.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm not quite sure if it would make much sense from a logical perspective. When the Inklings run around they carry the weapons, so it would be understandable that it could be harder to carry a Dynamo Roller than an Jr, but when they swim the weapon disappears (in fact, everything disappears o_O). Balance-wise, I'm not sure what this would do aside of making light Shooters even better and hampering Splatlings, E-Liters (which I don't mind, but that's my biased self talking :rolleyes:) and Rollers, some of which don't really need a nerf :confused:

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
If this type of mechanic were introduced then the swim speed ability would become much more weapon dependent on when a player needs to use it. Right now it can be considered the most effective stackable ability because everything can improve with increased maneuverability.
So it'd be a similar situation to run speed where some weapons benefit from its effects much more than others.

However I don't think this would create a fair balance as it would nerf already slow moving weapons too much.

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
I always thought it would be more consistent if the weapon weight would also impact your swim speed, until I read this and changed my mind:
When the Inklings run around they carry the weapons, so it would be understandable that it could be harder to carry a Dynamo Roller than an Jr, but when they swim the weapon disappears (in fact, everything disappears o_O).

Reactions: LMG

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom