Side Order Third Kit Potential??

Beckett.

Semi-Pro Squid
So i just watched the side order overview trailer again and i saw that part at the end that says "replica gear and weapons" and it shows the side order versions of all the weapons along with inklings wearing side order gear. This got me thinking, "how would they implement these replica weapons?" At first, i thought it would only be another splattershot because the inkling on screen was holding a white and silver splattershot, probably would share the same kit as ttek. But then i realized that they also showed lots of other main weapons in the background and the text on screen says "unlock replica gear and weaponS." so i wondered "how would they implement those?" would they just be repeat kits of the ones we already have or would they get completely new kits? Personally, i am leaning towards new kits for each of the weapons. What do you think?

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
Their DLC, so if they had new kits that would be a huge balance problem. My guess is their gonna all be second kits, mostly due to vshot already having a reskin.
Not to mention locking functionally unique content for competitive play behind a $25 dlc is kinda scummy in of itself

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
Their DLC, so if they had new kits that would be a huge balance problem. My guess is their gonna all be second kits, mostly due to vshot already having a reskin.
If Pokemon can have DLC Pokemon that aren't in the base game, then Splatoon can have DLC weapons.

Beckett.

Semi-Pro Squid
ooh true... didnt think about it that way. yeah wouldnt want splatoon to be pay to win

Cephalobro

In terms of Side Order third kits, the Splattershot can actually get away with having a third kit in the base game, with the Octo Shot Replica being the alternate to that Splattershot.

Linneus

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Linneus
Switch Friend Code
SW-4891-1092-0917
That is how the Octo Shot Replica (in both games) worked! It was a Tentatek Splattershot reskin, and Hero Shot was a vShot.

If Pokemon can have DLC Pokemon that aren't in the base game, then Splatoon can have DLC weapons.
Bear in mind that you can still trade the new Pokémon into your game, and the mythicals that can only be acquired through events have never been allowed in ranked play, so there's never actually been a "you need the DLC to compete online" problem there, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom