• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Smash 5 Predictions and discussions

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I predict at least three boring Fire Emblem characters and one or two ugly Xenoblade 2 character. We are probably not getting Elma, Nintendo likely forgot Xenoblade X is a thing, at this point.

Also, of course a new Pokémon, because why not.
Squid sisters as DLC characters?
I would rather have Octolings.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I guess I didn't really think about any of what I said logically, but I'm past the point of logic. I've reached a mindset where I think that if I like something then it won't get the treatment I want it to.

Also, I do know about the sales of Splatoon, but a lot of my friends really like Nintendo, but none of them owned a Wii U, so outside of the sales figures I don't really know much about the game's popularity.

Also don't think I hate jigglypuff, I just wish they would replace it with something better. I'm a big Pokemon fan.
Outside of the mainstays like smash bros and mariokart, splatoon had the most sales on the wiiu and is one of the few things that kept the consel afloat

Clearly someone has never played melee.....

Lol I get why you wouldn't want jiggypuff there so many more unique pokemon and simply put a lot of cooler pokemon with better abilities that could fit the lineup.
But in all honestly I feel that jiggypuff fits the lineup pretty well...you go up against a legendary pokemon like mewtwo and you beat him with a narcoleptic pink puffball.

@Relia
I....actually like most of the fire emblem characters Ike and Roy have both been my mains for quite some time and they all have a unique take on the idea of sword based characters
(ike is powerful but slow, corrin is 1/2 dragon, roy has lots of damage at the risk of close quarter combat, marth has some tips:D, robin uses tomes and require you manage abilities wisely, and lucinea help players learn and balance their skills with a sword)

I do feel Xenoblade X deserves some recognition, but due to it being on a dead system rn it will either be ported or forgotten (kinda sad), but Xenoblade chronicles 2 from what I've seen is a grest game and would love to see some recognition for it since shulk made it in

Last edited:

Nerdbird

Pro Squid
I think Nintendo realised that more people want Splatoon/ splatoon 2 characters than Xenoblade in the new smash.

I would be surprised if they went further than putting inkling boy/girl into the game on release though

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Inklings in SSB5? Why, they were already in SSB4! In the form of horror and suffering!

I'm more surprised that people didn't see this coming. Splatoon has been a wildly successful sleeper hit, so them being the very first newcomers to SSB5 shouldn't be a shocking revelation to anyone. I think Nintendo must've been so giddy about adding them to the roster is why they managed to use the Miis as a faux placeholder until the sequel comes along.

Add in Waluigi and i'm pre-ordering this thing the first chance i'll get.

I'm still hyped about this btw

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
My one hope...my only dream...the ONE thing I want this Smash...is for the roster not to be leaked beforehand. There were ZERO characters I unlocked in Smash 4 that came as a surprise. DLC announcements were cool, but those aren't surprise unlocks either.
My friend, I have terrible news. There is going to be so many Smash leaks, so many, that you won;t even know which ones are legitimate and which ones aren't. As a matter of fact, as I type this very post, there is some Smash "leak" being posted on the internet. The mystery of the Smash roster is truly a memory of the Melee days.

I mean, I love Nintendo and all, but they do some really stupid things sometimes. Plus, we do have to remember that Bayonetta was added to smash, and that is less than PG. They do some really weird stuff, like including jigglypuff in every game.
There's actually a lot of thought put into these decisions. Sakurai basically has a set list of rules when it comes to Smash. The character has to:
A. Have a history in gaming
B. Have a fan-following
C. Have a fun-playstyle
Check out this article on Source Gaming. However, this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to how the roster is decided.

Also, Jigglypuff was put in Smash 64 because she was a fan-favorite at the time. The world of 1998 only had so many pokemon. Actually, She was nearly cut from Brawl and Wii U. She was added near the end of development as a last-minute decision. So many times has poor Jiggly been put on the chopping block.

Now that is something we wouldn't want cut from the roster.

Reactions: the

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Of course there's going to be tons of fake leaks, but I don't care about those. Those after all don't actually spoil anything, and are usually debunked quickly enough.

Smash is a huge deal and a lot people will definitely want to know the roster beforehand, but I don't know if that makes actual leaks that much more likely. I mean, it makes it more likely than leaks for a game that nobody cares about, but it's not like every major Nintendo game leaks important info beforehand.
The problem is that once a true leak pops up somewhere, it's most likely impossible to avoid it altogether. If a leak pops up mere weeks before the release of Smash 5, I'm gonna take a break from the internet altogether. If it leaks like two months in advance though...I'm just going to be very selective and hope people don't talk about it in places where you wouldn't expect it.

The thing is, Smash is like my favorite series out there, and it would just be very cool to once, just once, unlock something that actually surprises me.

Amarae

Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
I haven't really thought about it much, but there ware two things I wanna see:

Mario have SMO related moves. I know they probably don't wanna shake up a character whose kit is the same sine the beginning (Basically) but I'd really like to see something involving Cappy.

Inkling hairstyles. We know Inklings are in, but will their alternate colors have different hair styles? And if so which one gets to be purple? Similarly, Octolings?

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
@Amarae
Cappy's main thing is capturing others, so I don't really think he's going to be involved in the moveset. Maybe he can pop off Mario's head for a taunt or something.

As for Inkling hair, there's 8 hairstyles and in Smash 4 at least there were 8 colors for characters. It's probably going to be at least the orange girl and blue boy inkling with their respective hairstyles, and the pink girl and green boy from Splatoon 2 with their respective hairstyles. Then the other ones will just be 4 random colors with the remaining 4 hairstyles. I'm more interested in the gear they'll be wearing. Probably the orange/blue/pink/green ones will be wearing what they're wearing on the Splatoon 1 and 2 boxarts.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Actually what could be cool is to see mario's final smash change to reflecr SMO, have him toss his hat and then use the various enemies you capture in game to deal massive damage to your enemy, ending of course witht the classsic T-Rex charge.

I also think it would be cool to see a broodal assist trophy, I think it would be cool to see them in game as well due to their unique abilities....but I think other characters would fit far better in the roster

Amarae

Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
Yeeeeah boi! I think Bear and Bird would have some legit moves, I think he'd be awesome in Smash. Also pls pls pls gibe map to go with him of Treasure Trove Cove!

the

Inkling Commander
cmon guys we dont need banjo kazooie we already have
d u c k h u n t

the

Inkling Commander
I just read a few posts i missed here and FIRST OF ALL i will not be buying this game if they cut jigglypuff. It will be garbage if the best most iconic character is gone.

SECOND: tHEY SHOULD TOTALLY ADD BUBBLE BLOWER AS A WEAPON.... the bubbles could behave like smash balls in that attacking inside them would do damage and eventually explode them... whether enemy attacks should fizzle them out is debatable

Windstar

Pro Squid
I know this is out of the blue, but what about James Bond (GoldenEye 64) for Smash? He could use his weapons and gadgets for unique attacks, and he WAS considered for Melee at one point, so there is a teeny chance he could make it.

Reactions: the

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom