Sniper help

RonanM52

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Crazyronan3000
hey squids quick question which is the best gun to choose from the splat chargers/ e-litres for a beginner try to learn sniping. Thanks!

Metarai

Inkling
NNID
Metarai
I would recommend a splat charger (Regular or kelp, depends on what setup you like). Scoped versions do help hit far away targets, but it also makes it harder to hit closer targets. The eliter in my opinion is a little harder to learn, plus you need to have the right equipment for that.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
yep, the default is the best for beginners!

personally i think scopes helped me really learn how to use chargers back when my aim wasn't so good, though i weaned myself off them after a bit (prefer being able to see around me rather than up close with slightly extra range).

the bamboozler and squiffer are much harder to use as they require precise aim to be effective,
and the e-liter, with it's longer charge time, insane range, and extremely low ink efficiency is a bit "heavy" for a beginning sniper.

NNID
namine753
Definitely Splat Charger. E Liter is a very jarring weapon to use, I would not recommend it for a beginner. It's very hard to use. I suck at using it myself.

RonanM52

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Crazyronan3000
Thanks a lot everyone! I honestly didn't think I get this much feedback for a fresh member thanks! Excuse me now I've got to practice snapping

vtroid5

Full Squid
NNID
vtroid5
Assuming you use motion controls (which you should) Make sure to play with the camera sensitivity. Chargers typically require lower sensitivity to help with steady aiming. Mine is set at -3 and otherwise as others have said, start with splat charger and go from there

RonanM52

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Crazyronan3000
Motion controls equals = wii U gameplay right?

NNID
namine753
Yeah I tha and i tried new control sensitivity VERY GOOD. Thanks much
Yeah, I've played this game up to level 34 or so and A- rank, and then I was told to use motion controls, so I gave it a go. It is also something very hard to get used to, I've lost many games trying to get it down correctly. Once I did, my aiming was a precise as could be. Trying to use a charger with analog was the most embarrassing thing I've ever done in this game. Motion control chargers are the way to go!

RonanM52

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Crazyronan3000
Lol yeah I can imagine how hard it was using a charger without motion control! Thank god my game pad was already set to motion control xD

RonanM52

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Crazyronan3000
Hey it's me again \(^.^)/ I was wondering does any chargers here know any snapping your snipe drills for practing or any routines? Thanks much ;)

NNID
namine753
Hey it's me again \(^.^)/ I was wondering does any chargers here know any snapping your snipe drills for practing or any routines? Thanks much ;)
I am terrible at snapping, that's for sure. I know Squidkids did I video on it, and honestly, the vibe I got was that the only thing you can do with it is to practice until you get it. My idea is to look down, line the hitmarker with the enemy inkling so it is below them, jump, and when you jump, your laser should be aligned with them. That's what I do, anyways.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
Assuming you use motion controls (which you should) Make sure to play with the camera sensitivity. Chargers typically require lower sensitivity to help with steady aiming. Mine is set at -3 and otherwise as others have said, start with splat charger and go from there
i'm really curious about this. i always played with +5 no matter what weapon. it's been working fine, and sometimes i get really crazy reflex KOs from it, but after reading so many comments about charger players using low sensitivity, i wonder if i'd be even more effective in general with a lower one.

did some testing in the testing area and it seems like at least with the bamboozler i may benefit from lower sensitivity. getting the second shot to connect is easier -- though i also developed better muscle memory on +5 for that as well, so we'll see what happens when i test it out more thoroughly during the splatfest this weekend.

i usually stick to the more mobile chargers (squiffer and bamboozler) so it's likely that +5 is best for me in the end (esp since i've been successful thus far)... but i can't help but wonder ~~

what has everyone been using on their chargers?

Last edited:

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
I tried starting with the E-Liter a while back and it was a complete mistake. It's a weapon that takes a lot of getting use to so you are far far better off with the Splat Charger or the Kelp (I don't recommend starting with the scope versions since they can be a little jarring, but once you get use to sniping they are the better versions, in my opinion.)

Also, you probably already know this, but make sure you flick your weapon to the enemies position, don't just aim at them. It just causes them to run away. Flicking can be difficult to get right at first, but a great way to start is aiming below the player and simply flicking up, since it's easier to make precise motions vertically.

vtroid5

Full Squid
NNID
vtroid5
i'm really curious about this. i always played with +5 no matter what weapon. it's been working fine, and sometimes i get really crazy reflex KOs from it, but after reading so many comments about charger players using low sensitivity, i wonder if i'd be even more effective in general with a lower one.

did some testing in the testing area and it seems like at least with the bamboozler i may benefit from lower sensitivity (getting the second shot to connect is easier). gonna test it out more thoroughly during the splatfest this weekend.

i usually stick to the more mobile chargers (squiffer and bamboozler) so it's likely that +5 is best for me in the end (esp since i've been successful thus far)... but i can't help but wonder ~~

what has everyone been using on their chargers?
For squiffer and bamboozler I go slightly less drastic. I use -2. If you can keep your shots steady and accurate at +5, I'd run with it, but for me decreasing the sensitivity definitely helps.

As a ref point, I use -1.5 for most shooters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom