Snubbed Weapons Thread

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
I'll go to my grave believing the N-Zap '85 is underrated.

- The gun specs are serviceable. Range of a Tentatek with the fire rate of a Jr? Heck yeah.
- Splat Bombs cover weaknesses at a distance and give the gun a safe pressure option.
- Echolocator builds extremely quick and does Echolocator stuff.

From my observations, the reason this gun doesn't see a lot of play is because it functions as more of a support weapon. In Solo Queue, where you only make it to the top by carrying with/against randoms, it's difficult to really utilize the weapon to its fullest strength. In addition, the prominence of E-Liters and Dynamos mean that Echolocator is already plenty common in the meta. There just isn't enough of a niche that the weapon carves out to be needed, regardless of how good it may be.
It's a pretty good killing weapon on its own, due to how freaking mobile it is, plus bombs and the Echo. I think it just gets lost in the Tentatek's shadow because of the Tenta's kit, though both are about equally good at splatting and "carrying" a team. I actually prefer the ZAP just because you can scoot around with it a lot better

SpaceCanary

Full Squid
NNID
SpaceCanary
I'll go to my grave believing the N-Zap '85 is underrated.

- The gun specs are serviceable. Range of a Tentatek with the fire rate of a Jr? Heck yeah.
- Splat Bombs cover weaknesses at a distance and give the gun a safe pressure option.
- Echolocator builds extremely quick and does Echolocator stuff.

From my observations, the reason this gun doesn't see a lot of play is because it functions as more of a support weapon. In Solo Queue, where you only make it to the top by carrying with/against randoms, it's difficult to really utilize the weapon to its fullest strength. In addition, the prominence of E-Liters and Dynamos mean that Echolocator is already plenty common in the meta. There just isn't enough of a niche that the weapon carves out to be needed, regardless of how good it may be.
This is exactly why I like it for Rainmaker. It inks the ground well, allowing for faster travel, Splat Bombs are harder to dodge than Suction Bombs (from the Tentatek) and get better range if you skip them across the ground, and Echolocator charges fast and guards against sneak attacks. In my opinion, it beats the Tentatek and '89 loadouts in Rainmaker mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom