• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

So, splatoon tumblr is Calling Octo-ber... Inktober.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/

As someone really hoping for octoling news, I don't know. it could still apply, but that's a very specific counter-phrasing to the miiverse/SB/reddit posts. I do hope they eventually release octolings, while the game's still fresh, but, i don't know. Maybe they really want it to be a surprise for whenever they decide to release, or the data's taking longer to work on than expected, or they want to make a male octoling.
edit: now know the source. recent events happened. hype is real.

Last edited:

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
I probably should clear this up. Notice how the Tumblr is specifically calling it "Squid Inktober"? Why the need to put in "Squid"? Well...

Inktober isn't something specific to Splatoon. It's a yearly challenge where every day of October, artists do at least one ink drawing. It started in 2009 by an artist called Jake Parker with the intention to improve inking skills and develop positive drawing habits.

If you ask me, this has no effect on whether Octo-ber will happen.

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
I probably should clear this up. Notice how the Tumblr is specifically calling it "Squid Inktober"? Why the need to put in "Squid"? Well...

Inktober isn't something specific to Splatoon. It's a yearly challenge where every day of October, artists do at least one ink drawing. It started in 2009 by an artist called Jake Parker with the intention to improve inking skills and develop positive drawing habits.

Now that's an interesting piece of trivia. That's very convenient for Nintendo, I gotta say.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
One thing to keep in mind that Octolings are a major announcement. They're not going to reveal it in such a hush hush matter.

Nintendo probably handles announcements as if data mining didn't happen. They'll be likely treating it the same as if they're announcing a new Smash Bros character. It's a big thing that will change the Atmosphere of the entire game so it'll need a decent announcement.

Last edited:

aqua46

Inkling Cadet

that's cool. the more you know...

electraheart

Senior Squid
NNID
howalive
it doesnt have anything to do with splatoon. or at least it didnt originate that way. it's an art challenge.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
It's hard to deconfim something that's in the game's files strangely getting more improvements after certain updates.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Promise of Octolings or not, this sounds like a neat way to spend the month! Glad to see Ninty aware of the fanbase and encouraging some good fanart!

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
Ok, I get it: Oct-ober, Octo-ling, Ink-tober. Clever...

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
So.... it's looking like the whole thing never actually had to do with any incoming game content to begin with?

Bah. Bah, I say!

It really sounded like we were going to get SOME sort of neat addition, even if not Octolings.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
To be fair here, this Inktober thing sounds neat. I mean, it's a good way to see some awesome artwork from fans. Guess this is why you shouldn't get your hopes up when it comes to game content.

Platinum Inkling

Senior Squid
There's still hope for octolings to be released. Just because they didn't release them on the first of the month, doesn't mean that we won't get them. Maybe this is from the inkling's perspective and octolings aren't allowed to be in their battles yet. There's so many explanations why they didn't get released yet. They could also be waiting for Halloween as an event thing. I won't give up on octolings being released until the month is over.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
You know, why does it say Squid Inktober? Maybe later on they'll have Octopus Inktober? Around Halloween?

I could imagine Squid Research Lab saying this:

"Almost time for Halloween! These Inklings are ready for Halloween with their Octoling armor! Wait, those aren't Inklings, they're real Octolings!"

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
It's hard to deconfim something that's in the game's files strangely getting more improvements after certain updates.
Well, I can tell you this much: You know those black arrows indicating you've been marked with radar, like via Echolocator, Haunt, or Point Sensors? And how they're shaped like squids?

An Octobomber threw a Point Sensor at me for some odd reason, and it marked me with an octopus-shaped marker.

If they did that much to distinguish Inklings and Octarians apart, there must be something planned, or at least something scrapped.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Well, I can tell you this much: You know those black arrows indicating you've been marked with radar, like via Echolocator, Haunt, or Point Sensors? And how they're shaped like squids?

An Octobomber threw a Point Sensor at me for some odd reason, and it marked me with an octopus-shaped marker.

Huh, there are even more assets they can recycle from Single Player than I thought. Thank you for the image. And it's only the 4th of October (or 5th to some of you), let's complain once it's the last 4 days and we don't hear anything, which I highly doubt with the hackers and the exploits going on...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom