• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

So, splatoon tumblr is Calling Octo-ber... Inktober.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
so, I edited in that the inktober thing was unrelated, so I'm not expecting much this month specifically, but i am expecting playable octolings coming. we'll just have to wait and see. love the new images and info floating in from this, though.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Well, I can tell you this much: You know those black arrows indicating you've been marked with radar, like via Echolocator, Haunt, or Point Sensors? And how they're shaped like squids?

An Octobomber threw a Point Sensor at me for some odd reason, and it marked me with an octopus-shaped marker.

If they did that much to distinguish Inklings and Octarians apart, there must be something planned, or at least something scrapped.
That's not a Point Sensor. That's clearly an Inkstrike from an Octostriker, as evidenced by the glow in the middle and the fact that it's taken on the UFO boss arena.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Does the Inkstrike have the same kind of marker like that?
Yeah, there's a squid-shaped marker circling the target.

Though since the octopus-shaped marker has been there since day one, I don't think it really says anything.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Ah, I see. Still, I do like the fact that they made one at all.

I wouldn't know when these things were added or if they were there since the beginning though. By the time I started playing, Hammerhead Bridge was already added to the game.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
Ah, I see. Still, I do like the fact that they made one at all.

I wouldn't know when these things were added or if they were there since the beginning though. By the time I started playing, Hammerhead Bridge was already added to the game.
Played through the story since day one, and i think they were always there. could still be recycled for echo animation, though.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
As stated, the assets can just be recycled for for the Echo Locator and the Inkstrike for multiplayer. I've said this before, but Nintendo has been very quiet in the way of news. There's a hacker going around making headlines on sites such as GoNintendo, Nintendolife, exploits such as the Rainmaker Hammerhead, Flounder Backdoor, and they're not even making even a small patch to fix these things. It's very strange.

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
As stated, the assets can just be recycled for for the Echo Locator and the Inkstrike for multiplayer. I've said this before, but Nintendo has been very quiet in the way of news. There's a hacker going around making headlines on sites such as GoNintendo, Nintendolife, exploits such as the Rainmaker Hammerhead, Flounder Backdoor, and they're not even making even a small patch to fix these things. It's very strange.
With any luck that means these fixes might come as part of a bigger patch. All signs point towards Octolings eventually making it as playable characters; it's mainly a matter of "when" at this point.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Well, ever since Iwata passed away, things have been getting slow with Nintendo lately. I'm hoping it won't be this way for long. I'm still waiting for the next Direct.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Well, ever since Iwata passed away, things have been getting slow with Nintendo lately. I'm hoping it won't be this way for long. I'm still waiting for the next Direct.
At least they did say that Directs won't be ending. "Nintendo Directs won't be going away but we have nothing to announce at this time" or something they said about it. It's pretty easy to find with a google search. And I'm starting to expect a direct in the next couple of weeks if this silent treatment is going to keep up.

LockeExile

Pro Squid
NNID
Locke64
If Octo-ber comes and goes with no octolings, here's hoping for Novspectator.

dapperlace

Pro Squid
I probably should clear this up. Notice how the Tumblr is specifically calling it "Squid Inktober"? Why the need to put in "Squid"? Well...

Inktober isn't something specific to Splatoon. It's a yearly challenge where every day of October, artists do at least one ink drawing. It started in 2009 by an artist called Jake Parker with the intention to improve inking skills and develop positive drawing habits.

If you ask me, this has no effect on whether Octo-ber will happen.
Since they're reblogging art related to Splatoon, it could be difficult for them to find them among all the "Inktober" stuff.

There's also OC-tober, and a lot of other "tobers" to get caught up in, and "squidtober" exists as a Splatoon fan thing now.

rndethan

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rndmuch
We can all dream...

Seriously though, I can't believe Nintendo haven't fixed these current glitches (and "hacking") yet.

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
Yeah, Inktober's been around for years and Splatoonus is just having a little fun. Inktober is really fun, too, since everyone just goofs around with ink mediums. Great practice!

I actually did a Callie doodle for squid inktober, and Splatoonus is going around giving every piece done with that tag a like, a picking the very best for reblogs.

Platinum Inkling

Senior Squid
It's true they have been slowing down on Splatoon news lately. Any news lately, really, and the fact that they're not patching the expolts found means it could lead to something big. Because they're either A. Working on the Octoling event/playable Octolings and are too busy with it or B. Just waiting to push the Octoling update and the patches at once. Whether it's the Octoling update or not, I think something big is coming.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
It's true they have been slowing down on Splatoon news lately. Any news lately, really, and the fact that they're not patching the expolts found means it could lead to something big. Because they're either A. Working on the Octoling event/playable Octolings and are too busy with it or B. Just waiting to push the Octoling update and the patches at once. Whether it's the Octoling update or not, I think something big is coming.
Not only that, but the splatoon miiverse service they just translated has been down for a while, and no word on nin's sites. Something is up.

CoCo

Inkling
NNID
JupiterJack
"Working on the Octoling event/playable Octolings and are too busy with it.
Besides being a cool change to your squid/kids' appearance, I really don't see the reason for the addition of the octoling. Don't get me wrong, I welcome any change that could expand the game but from the developers perspective, how will this affect gameplay? Every update/ free DLC that they've released has influence in one way or another that isn't just a mere aesthetic swap which seems to be the case here.

I'm in the same boat assuming things too haha, just my two cents.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
I would love for them to turn october into OCTOber. But idk, I feel like nintendo's just pulling on our heart strings right now with japan's splatfest theme and everything else they're doing.

also hope they do a male octoling if ocolings are playable. We'll see though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom