• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

So, splatoon tumblr is Calling Octo-ber... Inktober.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
Besides being a cool change to your squid/kids' appearance, I really don't see the reason for the addition of the octoling. Don't get me wrong, I welcome any change that could expand the game but from the developers perspective, how will this affect gameplay? Every update/ free DLC that they've released has influence in one way or another that isn't just a mere aesthetic swap which seems to be the case here.

I'm in the same boat assuming things too haha, just my two cents.
Why does every new addition need to impact gameplay? Why not slip in some cosmetic stuff for those who just want to look cool in their own way?

CoCo

Inkling
NNID
JupiterJack
Why does every new addition need to impact gameplay? Why not slip in some cosmetic stuff for those who just want to look cool in their own way?
To quote myself, "Every update/free DLC that they've released has influence in one way or another that isn't just a mere aesthetic swap". Every new addition doesn't necessarily need to impact how the game is played from the players perspective because like you said, we just wanna look fresh af.

BUT the developers think otherwise - based on this pattern the team is reluctant to add anything in the cosmetic department based on the fact that they haven't done so. Obviously there's a first time for everything, which is why I said that I'm in the same boat for assuming things.

And now, some pants (which they can add but most likely too lazy to :/ credit to TheJuCo)

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
Wonder if it'll be free though... Weapons are one thing, but as of now, any map, or character skin might cost money. not sure about gear though. I assume it might, but then it could become a pay-to-win scenario if the gear abilities are right. maps need to be in rotation, and paid dlc maps are a nightmare to plan for. for now, i'll only assume that skins could be paid dlc material.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Wonder if it'll be free though... Weapons are one thing, but as of now, any map, or character skin might cost money. not sure about gear though. I assume it might, but then it could become a pay-to-win scenario if the gear abilities are right. maps need to be in rotation, and paid dlc maps are a nightmare to plan for. for now, i'll only assume that skins could be paid dlc material.
Worst case scenario, they'll be paid DLC. Best case scenario, they'll be free because Nintendo has stated that all upcoming content is for free. But I dunno man, Making the Octolings playable must've took a lot of extra dev time to do, and Nintendo may have you pay for it 'cause "our fans will buy it anyway!".

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
Worst case scenario, they'll be paid DLC. Best case scenario, they'll be free...
Yeah. it's no bother to me either way. as long as they don't exceed their expectations with the price (and nin never has), it's not a horrible compromise, considering everything else will be free. well, that and I've already reached halfway to 47. minimum, that's over 900 ranked wins, not including the initial 20, or the first testfires. I enjoy it too much to be bugged.

...no. I don't have an addiction... what are you then, a kid?! I'm a squid, dammit!!!

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
Inktober has been a thing for a while now... You draw on paper using ink every day in october and it's called inktober I did this last year.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
i just made a new thread, but something reallly important happened. all the assets on splatnet turned into octopus. i jumped on today, and there's octopi in the background. i had to see what was going on, and nin jp made a twitter post, which (roughly translated through google) says octarians hacked the servers! holy ****, i am freaking out!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom