• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

So... The Inkbrush isn't viable?

Holidaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
dyngledong
I getcha, @Airi, I tend to play brush with a hyper aggressive mentality, so I honestly stopped using Stealth Squid when I noticed I was able to get close to the enemy without it. I've honestly forgotten that Brush covers more than one role, so excuse me for trying to assume all brush players were going just as aggressive in plays. :y

mezzo

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ledyba
i'm making my grand return back to this thread to say that i'm significantly better with a brush now that i've been working at it (specifically the inkbrush). i can play ranked mode in all modes and win most of the time with the regular inkbrush now. with the inkbrush you have to be very agile with your movements, and stealth is key (also a quick trigger finger is always helpful, sometimes you can fire inkbrush swings faster than a shooter shoots ink this way). if your opponent sees you before you get close enough to splat, you'll be respawning before you even know what hit you. the inkbrush takes loads of practice and (unfortunately) the bitter taste of defeat in the beginning, but the payoff is tremendous when you learn to use it.

mezzo

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ledyba
thank you haha. i really like this thread because i think the brushes are really underrated weapons as a subclass, and aren't really talked about so much. i suppose my tale of using the inkbrushes, or maybe the "moral" of the story here is that you should never give up on something that you like. i liked the concept of the inkbrush, and even though it's not the easiest to use, it is viable in battle (and even ranked mode!). it just takes a lot of practice, and i can see how that might be not worth it for many people who just want to pick it up for a change of pace. it has its frustrating moments for me still, but i'm slowly ironing out the wrinkles and getting pretty darn good with it. i went from C- rank, to being stuck in B rank for an eternity, and now i've made it to A rank. i never thought i would get there, but i did with the inkbrush and octobrush. i hope that others will continue to try to use the inkbrush, because it's a really creative and challenging weapon. ^o^

mezzo

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ledyba
definitely! hopefully with this new octobrush, it will open some people's minds about the brushes!

Anomilus

Inkling
NNID
Hyperdon
I've seen people bash and underrate the Inkbrush myself. It's definitely workable in Ranked. I think the perception issue is that a lot of people overvalue the effectiveness of frontline weapons. So any weapon that doesn't excel on the front line is immediately suspect.

...Now if only people would give the courtesy of putting work into the Aerosprays. Particularly the RG. I see some of the same functions of the Inkbrush in the RG. Some. But because its brother the MG has a much better offensive function, the RG is quickly shoved aside and even called unviable. Now there's also the stigma of the Aerosprays being "newbie weapons", so unlike the brushes there isn't exactly a high skill floor.

But anyway, as people have said the key is to stick with the brushes, practice them, understand their capabilities and their limits. Really push the weapon to its limits - any weapon really. Be the one to change people's minds.

But above all work on your fundamentals first. >_>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom