• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

So this is a bit concerning.

techton

Senior Squid
Found this a couple minutes ago. Features a hack that pretty much allows you to avoid getting reported entirely on the SplatNet 2 app. Works on public matches, too. Turf, Ranked, League, and even Private matches.
The channel this video is on, Samuel Bessega, only showcases hacks, so he did not make this. This guy has been around for a while and has been notoriously known for hacking and ruining other player's experience in public battles in Splatoon 1. Again, he doesn't make hacks, just showcases them. I'm not by means attacking Samuel, as he never publicly releases his hacks (at least ones that are destructive) for download, and doesn't mess around with them in public matches in Splatoon 2 (yet).

This guy, named Zewia, is the creator of this "Anti-Report" hack.
Zewia's channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdCytJwGwX_RooFZi7CO1yw

Thankfully I haven't found a download link to this hack (again, yet) but knowing that this kind of stuff is actually possible, it'll only be a matter of time until someone recreates this and puts it up for free download, to where everyone can use it it.

Just getting the word out that this stuff eventually will seep into public matches, hopefully not in the near future.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulk

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
The channel this video is on, Samuel Bessega, only showcases hacks, so he did not make this. This guy has been around for a while and has been notoriously known for hacking and ruining other player's experience in public battles in Splatoon 1.
I'm not by means attacking Samuel, as he never publicly releases his hacks (at least ones that are destructive) for download, and doesn't mess around with them in public matches (yet).
Which is it then? He can't be known for ruining public matches while not messing with public matches.

That said, the ball is in Nintendo's court. They have the ability to crush these hacks, whether they will is a different matter.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I guess that stuff can happen when you force users to download an app on a completely different platform to report others. There's plenty to be exploited here in terms of hacking, i'd imagine.

Hopefully they are still blockable.

techton

Senior Squid
Which is it then? He can't be known for ruining public matches while not messing with public matches.
Sorry, should've been more specific. He's posted several videos of him hacking in public matches in Splatoon 1, but he has yet to use his hacks in public matches on Splatoon 2, and he only uses hacks in private matches with friends.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
I'm more critical towards people reporting for any form of anything that even just looks to them like it could be a hack than I am towards actual hackers.

The hacker situation in Splatoon 2 is under control. The primary issue we had with hackers was the early Octoling skins and gear. However, since those skins have proven to be harmless to other players (unlike in Splatoon 1 where they were able to cause save file corruptions), I never saw the issue. Spoilers of something every public trailer has already shown wasn't exactly much of a reason to make this much of a fuss.
The biggest reason people had an issue with this was that other players got to play with Octolings while they themselves couldn't. That was just petty.

An actual issue on the other hand were hacked weapons. That was a legit and lethal issue. But really, how many cases of that did we even have? We had the one viral video about the hacked blaster in online play. And what else was there? Pretty much nothing. We had so few reports of this actually happening compared to the innocent Octoling hacks. The hacked weapons were basically a myth.

The absolute worst however were people reporting players that they weren't even sure if they were hacking. In few cases people with simply perfect sets of gears were reported. In way too many cases I heard of however, people were reported simply because the person reporting them wasn't sure if that main ability on their gear has been released on Splatnet before or not. That was outrageous and did a lot more harm than the actual hackers in online multiplayer.

So really, with so few actual hackers in our pool of players, yet so many people abusing the report system, I really can't consider this that big of an issue. Now don't get me wrong. I don't think it's a good thing. And I don't think any of us will like what happens when this encourages hackers to go crazy. But this is nothing I'd worry about.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Even if he showcases it, he can still demonstrate and learn other people to do this under the table, so as far as i am concerned, dodging the policy rules of Nintendo, can still land you in hot water.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Yes, being banned for 2 weeks.
Has anyone ever actually gotten banned though? I've legit never seen any screenshots in game of saying that you're banned, or any sign from Nintendo that they actually act on the reports. Just feels like placebo for me.

Cephalobro

Has anyone ever actually gotten banned though? I've legit never seen any screenshots in game of saying that you're banned, or any sign from Nintendo that they actually act on the reports. Just feels like placebo for me.
I have seen people on Reddit showing screenshots of messages by Nintendo after they were banned.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I've seen screens floating around on twitter on people getting banned (including someone who got reported and banned because he was using inkbrush, good stuff). Look up google at "switch splatoon 2 banned" and you should see a few examples.
I doubt it happens often, though.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I've seen screens floating around on twitter on people getting banned (including someone who got reported and banned because he was using inkbrush, good stuff).
I don't think people have any good insight about why they were banned when it happened. Clearly he wasn't banned for using the inkbrush, he must have been doing something else. And I doubt very much that they ban based on a single report, so there must have been several people who had a problem with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom