• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

So what are some of the things you say when you're really really salty while playing?

Jayy

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2045-0142-7156
How do you guys deal with getting so salty?

In the last 10 games I have 2 wins. I have to turn off my switch after 3 losses in a row or I’ll break something

RelicRaider

Pro Squid
NNID
RelicRaiderULTD
Switch Friend Code
SW-6136-3428-7995
Ouch spamming sucks too, but it's the smugness of spamming This Way that takes it to that extra level.
Sometimes I just use This Way to see the animations, my favourite is probably the Slosher one, where they swing the bucket around, although the waving of a Splattershot Pro in the air is pretty adorable too.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral

In the last 10 games I have 2 wins. I have to turn off my switch after 3 losses in a row or I’ll break something
I've played video games for 20 or so years now, and some of those were HARD (The Lost Levels, Final DOOM, Zelda II), so getting beaten in an online multiplayer game isn't really going to have that much of an impact in that context.

techton

Senior Squid
I keep in mind that I know for certain that I'll eventually win a game and have lots of fun. I just plow through the defeats.

My winrate isn't usually so great. Most of the time it's 50/50, but I'll rarely go on a long losing streak. By rare, I mean around 8-10 defeats in a row.

Tsene

Full Squid
NNID
freakzene
Switch Friend Code
SW-6942-9915-1395
''Oh yes I did want to play another 3v4, THANK YOU!" *angry squid noises*
''Why am I so retarded?''
''What is my team doing?''

Not that much swearwords, but sometimes that too.

darktenpura

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1816-5244-1416
“Aw jeez come on you can do better than that!”
“*****”
“The aerosprays always drop when they are on my team but not on my foe’s team what the actual **** try to explain this Nintendo”
“Balls how did he/she get me”
“Three of you, can’t stop one enemy with rainmaker!? You guys are hopeless”
“You fat useless sack of f***ing yankee doodle ****e” (no, not really)
“Aw what a disgrace”
Basically it’s like this, plus some random angry groans. I know this is kind of bad...sorry teammates.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
After today I realized that while I am a saltmine, I'm not really one while playing as much as when summarizing my salt later on... that more or less in general. I've caught myself jokingly swearing in verbose Russian during Salmon Run today though which is arguably way more intense than Turf War, especially when playing with lotta randos. As for league, that's one place where I keep my tongue under control in order to go for callouts instead of swearing which keeps the climate in check and is more productive I guess. (Saying eek, ouch and whoa included though, crappy habits die harder than that one elusive lag- I man gal.)
:D

Ah wait, when playing solo ranked you may want to apply my not-so-jokingly Russian cussing at the occasional squidiot but hey, who doesn't. (You know the words, you've been on the internet long enough)

OctagonalKahn

Inkster Jr.
NNID
otagonalkahn
"How in the heck* did you get so good at this game? Do you just play 24/7 and have no life. Holy heck*"

DualBlade25

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Haser
Switch Friend Code
SW-0688-5884-4388
A L L O F Y O U R S A L T B E L O N G S T O T H I S T H R E A D
I'd like to know what some of you guys say when you're salty.

Me?
I say stupid things like, "This and that is overpowered," and/or "Replicas are just more powerful versions," and I'll even go as far as hackusating on someone who's just immensely good at the game.

What things do you guys say?
Reggie, if you can hear me... NERF THE ROLLERS!

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
I don't think you should see what piece of trash Im talking but here I am:

The calm NBS:
"Oh great, all of my three teammates are dead."

The no-longer calm NBS:
"Are you seriously? You guys are all SPLATTED AGAIN!!!"

The raging NBS:
"Oh, f**k off. IS it THAT HARD, TO STAY ALIVE?"

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
What the f*** are you guys doing!?
I die one time and all of you manage to lose the lead!
Of course you're on my team again you ********************!
F***! S***! Get your a** over here you sorry piece of s***!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I should probably stop swearing and control my anger more.

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
I just start yelling, "WHERE IS MY TEAMMMMM" or "OH MY FREAKING GOD" or other variants.

[KS] Inferno

Inkling
NNID
conman051206
Switch Friend Code
SW-4985-0411-4220
I blame everything on my friends, the thing is i do this even when im not salty. DUDE ITS ALL UR FAULT REEE

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom