• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Some of the biggest mistakes during matches?

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Sometimes I am alll hardcre, taking over one section of the map only to realize the rest of my team all got splatted and lost much of thier turf. I dont use the minimap often, due to nearly always rushing to do something.

Njok

Bouncer
I've noticed i am wayyy to eager to get the inkzooka out and start blasting. Then after i splat the first one, i want to move on to get the next only to find out i am standing deep in the middle of enemy ink and can barely move. Every time this happens i am thinking wow that is really retarded, let's not do that again.But of course i do...

Also, i'm pretty sure there is a super obvious way to get out of it and i'm just not aware of it (shooting the ground doesn't really work well with the zooka), which will make it even dumber :D

cool6012

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Cool6012
Trying to throw a burst bomb only to realize you chose Custom E-Liter over normal and end up wasting all your ink on a Beakon.

Njok

Bouncer
Gotta love TC on bluefin.

First i take out every oppenent near the tower. I feel like the squid. Now let me show you guys how i single handedly ride that thing to enemy base. I jump... i just completely miss the whole damn thing and fall in the water.

That actually happened 3 times that match :D once because i forgot to clear some enemy ink on the top... I was so ashamed i immediately left the lobby after the match. We did win though.

Crazy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
AjninYzarc
Trying to take a shortcut by jumping and actually jumping towards water instead.....

Beerox

Inkster Jr.
1: Dumb super jumps into a mess. Impatience overall, I guess.
2: Overextending. They go too far forward, paint stuff, get killed, and in the process give the weaker players on the other team some paint to easily cover and charge their inkstrikes. Don't charge forward unless you can hold the ground!

Ictoan

Full Squid
NNID
Krrrrg
I'm working on this, but one of my mistakes is not remembering that retreat is often a perfectly viable option when I'm outgunned.

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
Attacking a charger head-on regardless of their skill type .-. (facepalm)

Squadaloo

Full Squid
NNID
RodRodney
1) Assaulting the enemy base too early in a Turf War. It seems like everybody on the winning team always wants to go straight to the enemy spawn, then end up incapable of holding them back, and then get wiped out leaving them to win. When I notice my team is doing this, I always sacrifice the points to stay back from the fray and watch the flanking spots and that alleviates it quite a bit.

2) Everybody riding the tower. It never ends well...well, unless someone has a bubbler and the tower is right near the end.

3) Everybody going down the most direct path to the Splat Zone every time when dying over and over. The other paths exist for a reason.

4) Personal one here: when I die a lot in a row/lose a lot in a row, I get frustrated. When I get frustrated, I start getting overaggressive and try to march right up to everyone's face and shoot them point blank. It usually doesn't end well.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
One of the big complaints I have when playing is that sometimes I get a teammate who doesn't get the concept of inking turf to get points. At all. To the point that when we lose the guilty party has less than 100 points. Yeah.

As for me, I tend to make a few mistakes in my playstyle:
  • Not watching my back when I get into Bomb Rush frenzy and getting splatted by someone out of nowhere, or otherwise engaging a foe I'm way in over my head to fight.
  • Failing to jump (or just plain mis-stepping) and landing in the drink.
  • Not checking the map to make sure that no-one's squatting on our home base and stealing our lead away (usually because I'm busy trying to push into theirs...).
Still, I try to minimize those mistakes and bring my A-game when possible.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Trying to outrange my Jet Squelcher with an Aerospray by jumping o_O

Travelingpik

Full Squid
NNID
travelingpik
Going to deep into enemy territory, leading to me being surrounded and splaughtered.

Being too aggressive against weapons like gals and dynamos. Getting better about this tho!

squid stuff in general, riding up walls and dealing with grates are awful and i fall from the tower way too much. With moray towers this is incredibly apparent with all the gaps between walls which i try to move up. So many deaths.

One thing I see others do too much is either go the same way every single time and dying, or everyone go the same exact way instead of trying different approaches at the beginning.

Chapter Serf

Semi-Pro Squid
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
The entire team super-jumping onto the tower. You see more triple and quad kills that way. It's great when the other team does it, but I want to hang my team when they do it. One person elsewhere can be far more beneficial (ESPECIALLY if a wipe occurs).

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
A big mistake I tend to make is not cutting my losses, and aggressing in situations I don't have an advantage, or trying to claim an area I've been splatted before, and failing two or 3 times.

As for other players, I feel sometimes people don't pay enough attention to the map, as well as how many opponents are actually out on the field. Many times I or others have set up huge opportunities, wiping out the opposing team in one swoop, and no one capitalizes on it, opting to play defensively when it's not needed and giving the bad guys decent time to regroup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom