• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Special Tier List 6.1 (SZ Only)

Setu

Alright guys call up +1 and get them in here

On another note tho, I think reefslider cheese needs a bit more credit and screen (if it wasn't horribly inaccessible) could be higher up and is pretty strong in the right places/right times. Like when you have a number disadvantage and don't want to get pushed I think it can be very useful

demongecko

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6361-7521-3240
im surprised vac is still this low honestly what can they even do to buff it at this point

Dari

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2230-6009-2248
I personally would maybe put Splashdown in D Tier but below Reef, i think it has some value for either displacement, trades or paint (or maybe these things combined) but it´s definitely not as good for zones as Reef or other specials, but i could see it work in the future with a shooter instead of blaster/dualies

dussy

Inkling
I personally would maybe put Splashdown in D Tier but below Reef, i think it has some value for either displacement, trades or paint (or maybe these things combined) but it´s definitely not as good for zones as Reef or other specials, but i could see it work in the future with a shooter instead of blaster/dualies
I mean, emperries have a really good kit that synergizes with the special really well, I think it might just be doomed unless it gets buffed

Blu🦋

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7376-3074-9125
Ranking of all specials for Splat Zones only.
Ngl I think vac could be a like a tier higher depending on the map mode, it’s really stupid for zone cheese but slider does that anyways

Dragonuto

Pro Squid
Community Ambassador
NNID
Dragonuto
Great list, personally wish vac was better on zones, the control its supposed to grant is ruined by the vulnerability of the user when you vac. Works great at lower level & SoloQ but very easily squashed when a semi-decent player sees the special in scrims & tourney.

Perhaps a movement speed buff when using vac would help.

quilxinm

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1715-4049-1802
Ranking of all specials for Splat Zones only.
disagree in some areas so this is my personal one
First 2 tiers are basically the same however I believe booyah is just above strikes and rain, zip is really only strong on one weapon and that weapon is one of the best in the game so it’s not really great. I think splashdown is just another form of slider zones cheese. And wave I don’t think is just good enough for it to be anywhere considered helpful- same with screen
IMG_5759.jpeg

BlipBlob

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-3737-9862-5975
I love seeing rain on par with booyah bomb

Dari

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2230-6009-2248
I mean, emperries have a really good kit that synergizes with the special really well, I think it might just be doomed unless it gets buffed
Thats true, but giving a shooter (preferably short ranged) Splashdown would mean it could be spammed more. Maybe they reference S2s Vshot?

Akarys

Inkling
Wavebreaker moving to D because it has a worst point sensor is hilarious. I agree with the list honestly, not much to say, other than I'd perhaps reconsider tripledown, it has seen results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom