SplatCharger can force opponents to stick to one area.

teamdelibird

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
teamdelibird
Wow, man, you really dropped the ball in that video. i mean come on, you made a MASSIVE, OBVIOUS mistake.

You didn't title it "19 kills and counting".

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
People play like scrubs, but we can see the potential.
the potential was never in question. I just find it funny that people are saying the OP is good at a game that isn't released yet

Setu

the potential was never in question. I just find it funny that people are saying the OP is good at a game that isn't released yet
I agree. But I do see this being a method in competitive play, TW and SZ, since this IS basically the best way to buy time for your team to cover paint as long as your team is coordinating. This isn't even the highest possible level of charger gameplay as well, take that into account.

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
I agree. But I do see this being a method in competitive play, TW and SZ, since this IS basically the best way to buy time for your team to cover paint as long as your team is coordinating. This isn't even the highest possible level of charger gameplay as well, take that into account.
again, the potential isn't in question. long range weapons always have lockdown ability. all I'm saying is it's impossible to be good at a game before you've actually played it, despite people calling OP amazing at the game or whatever.

(and a couple hours in the demo does not count as playing the game)

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Always nice to see more offensive applications of the splatcharger, and I even saw another great "nest," you kept using.

With that said, yeah, that team wasn't very good. But thankfully the potential is there.

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
It's really a great play but you (and your team) were incredibly lucky that not a single squid on the other team could get to the main high area from the side, either your teammates took care of them or they really never bothered to try, also almost 40% of the map remained uncovered, could have changed the results greatly.

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
Wow, I've never seen a game where barely 60% map is covered. But come on man, literally anyone could've gone up there and you had plenty of time at the very end. You're either really hungry for kills or extremely dedicated to support. If you had used your sub weapon or special more while you were waiting you could've had the greatest game ever. This is definitely one of the best gameplay videos I've seen in a long time. Hopefully it brings more newcomers to see the light of the charger.

Vayu

Inkster Jr.
NNID
baamin
Not trying to be mean op, but you seemed way too focused on kills rather than the objective of the game.
That top half not being covered... is startling as was your score at the end. 19 kills with a mere 869 points... jeez.

Narayan

Full Squid
NNID
suacidesquid
Not trying to be mean op, but you seemed way too focused on kills rather than the objective of the game.
That top half not being covered... is startling as was your score at the end. 19 kills with a mere 869 points... jeez.
there were 2 rollers in his team. dunno what they did all the time

ThatSrb2DUDE

Senior Squid
NNID
ThatSrb2DUDE
Kills do matter you know I'm tired of people saying that they don't. Of course I know what the objective is in turf war but I play it in a different perceptive which is going to help my team as a whole, unlike most people who waste time covering corners that aren't going to benefit there team in the long run. The reason for why I only lost two games in this entire global test fire is because I was constantly killing and painting over the enemies so that the hard work they put in didn't even matter (unless I had rollers that would clean up the mess quicker then I would when the area full of the enemies ink was clear, this is actually seen in the video to). Once I knew that a majority of the map was covered in my ink and I knew that all the enemies I had killed re spawning I would keep them in there base till the end of the game.

Squids next door did a brilliant video of why they do matter and it makes so much sense.

You should really watch this video cause its bang on:

Vayu

Inkster Jr.
NNID
baamin
Kills do matter you know I'm tired of people saying that they don't. Of course I know what the objective is in turf war but I play it in a different perceptive which is going to help my team as a whole, unlike most people who waste time covering corners that aren't going to benefit there team in the long run. The reason for why I only lost two games in this entire global test fire is because I was constantly killing and painting over the enemies so that the hard work they put in didn't even matter (unless I had rollers that would clean up the mess quicker then I would when the area full of the enemies ink was clear, this is actually seen in the video to). Once I knew that a majority of the map was covered in my ink and I knew that all the enemies I had killed re spawning I would keep them in there base till the end of the game.

Squids next door did a brilliant video of why they do matter and it makes so much sense.

You should really watch this video cause its bang on:
I never said kills didn't matter, that's just you being defensive. I'm just saying it shouldn't be your primary concern.

Your entire gameplan was reliant on how bad your opponents were, holding an entire team off with one Charger just won't cut it when you start fighting even mediocre opponents. Kills are nice, but this isn't CoD, playing a Charger as a typical Sniper isn't going to cut it when people get better at the game.

ThatSrb2DUDE

Senior Squid
NNID
ThatSrb2DUDE
I never said kills didn't matter, that's just you being defensive. I'm just saying it shouldn't be your primary concern.

Your entire gameplan was reliant on how bad your opponents were, holding an entire team off with one Charger just won't cut it when you start fighting even mediocre opponents. Kills are nice, but this isn't CoD, playing a Charger as a typical Sniper isn't going to cut it when people get better at the game.
My gameplan wasn't that though I just told you what it was to.

Read this again: "I was constantly killing and painting over the enemies so that the hard work they put in didn't even matter (unless I had rollers that would clean up the mess quicker then I would when the area full of the enemies ink was clear, this is actually seen in the video to). Once I knew that a majority of the map was covered in my ink and I knew that all the enemies I had killed where respawning, I would keep them in there base till the end of the game."

This plan worked in all my games which is why I lost 2 games and funny enough the two game I lost in I had over 800 score. The one game shown with the 19 kills was just one of those games which it would of been a waste of time to cover the top area allowing the other team to push up and gain my control.

It may be hard for you to understand but the reason why in this game I was focussing on this area the most is because I knew where my teammates where and I knew that we had that majority of the map covered to secure us the victory. I'm not to worried about how many points I personally have as long as we cover the most amount of ink by the end of the game thats all that matters.

If you really think it was just because the players where bad then here are a couple more games with me using the charger:

Last edited:

joetext

Inkster Jr.
NNID
duncankeller
Hmm, a couple of points. A lot of people saying that OP was ignoring the objective, and I have to disagree. I think his plan of killing enemies was totally valid. If the enemies aren't alive to effectively splatter paint, then how can they win? To add to that point, a good team should have rollers and other players doing the covering, so it isn't like the objective is ignored all-together. The fact that the top portion of the map is a bit strange, though. Still seems smart to me.

Second, why did you keep running back to shoot up at the enemies' bird-nest? I noticed it a few times. Were you hoping to get a kill, opening the area up for others, or something else?

ThatSrb2DUDE

Senior Squid
NNID
ThatSrb2DUDE
Second, why did you keep running back to shoot up at the enemies' bird-nest? I noticed it a few times. Were you hoping to get a kill, opening the area up for others, or something else?
Its because the other team where all respawning and all the turf where both teams could walk in were covered in green. So knowing that I had a great line of sight from that spot I would know where ever the other team would head to.

joetext

Inkster Jr.
NNID
duncankeller
Its because the other team where all respawning and all the turf where both teams could walk in were covered in green. So knowing that I had a great line of sight from that spot I would know where ever the other team would head to.
Ah, cool, thanks for the clarification.

squidfingers

Inkling
Your skill at aiming and situational awareness are pretty good but this is not a good example of your strategy, mainly because the other team is so bad. If these players had any clue about the game they'd go into squid mode when they saw your laser sight, especially after getting killed by you so many times. It honestly looks like they weren't even concerned or aware that you were aiming at them due to extreme inexperience or possibly lag. All these players really had to do was move forward. Shoot to create a path, duck in the ink, shoot to continue the path. Instead they stand there for seconds and let you shoot them. If you look at the final map they didn't even ink the vertical paths on the right. If one of them went over there he could get to the middle and make a break for the northern platform. You'd chase him down and dispatch him quickly I'm sure, but that would at least serve as a distraction for his teammates to push in other areas. Take a look at the final score. Three of them in the 200's and one almost breaks 500. Anyone getting only 200 is new to the game or doesn't understand to paint constantly.

tl;dr You're good, they're bad.

19-0 is a catchy video title but strategic analysis of pubstomping is wasted time. I do want to encourage you to make more videos though, in the full version against squids that know what they're doing!

ThatSrb2DUDE

Senior Squid
NNID
ThatSrb2DUDE
Take a look at the final score. Three of them in the 200's and one almost breaks 500. Anyone getting only 200 is new to the game or doesn't understand to paint constantly.
I did kill them 19 times remember that's approximately 190 seconds (3 mins and 10 seconds) of time they could of used to spread ink and to make their points go
up. If you look at the amount of deaths each player had on average each player lost around about 1 mins 20 seconds, which is almost half the time played which is obvious. Lets not forget to add the time used to superjump and lets not forget that they couldn't spread much in there own base due to it already covered.

Definitely will be making a huge amount of Splatoon videos of my perceptive! I had a tone of great games during the test fire and cannot wait to try out the other guns.

squidfingers

Inkling
I did kill them 19 times remember that's approximately 190 seconds (3 mins and 10 seconds) of time they could of used to spread ink and to make their points go
up. If you look at the amount of deaths each player had on average each player lost around about 1 mins 20 seconds, which is almost half the time played which is obvious. Lets not forget to add the time used to superjump and lets not forget that they couldn't spread much in there own base due to it already covered.

Definitely will be making a huge amount of Splatoon videos of my perceptive! I had a tone of great games during the test fire and cannot wait to try out the other guns.
The theory of killing them so they have less time to paint is not in doubt (at least by me). As well as the theory of containing them at their spawn to deny access to turf. However, using this video as an example of said strategy is not convincing. These players just didn't know how to push due to being new and/or not understanding the game. There were many obvious ways to combat what you were doing, they just didn't do it. Revisit this when players get acclimated in the full game and then you might have an example of your strategy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom