Splatfest length

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
Is it just me, or are these events WAAAAAYYYYYYYY too short? I mean, these are REALLY easy to miss. If you have to work on that ONE freaking day/night, or have something else you need to do (which was my case).... guess what, you get to wait quite awhile for another chance at some of those damn Snails (which you tend to need in large numbers for them to be effective). Of course, you could also pay Spike 50 gazillion dollars for a roll that probably wont do anything... what a helpful idea.

But yeah, it's the second time I've missed one because of the short length.... they just dont seem to take into account that, hey, sometimes people have schedules. At least give a longer period of time so that more people have a chance at it. Heck, not a single person I know was able to join, either. And it's not like their entire weekend was used up (nor mine).

Just... uuuugh. After the frustration of that, and seeing the currently awful map rotation that's up right now (ARGH GO AWAY, MORAY!!!) I'm probably just going to stay away for a couple of days.... too annoyed.

There, time-related salt vented at least somewhat. Ugh.

cwjakesteel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
cwjakesteel
This was my first splatfest, and I was surprized that it was midnight to midnight for the East Coast, but the timing is intentionally like that. It's supposed to be like a real life party that starts at midnight.

I was playing all up until midnight tonight to get to Planes Queen. I'd much rather take a break, but that's the kind of event that splatfest is trying to simulate.

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
This was my first splatfest, and I was surprized that it was midnight to midnight for the East Coast, but the timing is intentionally like that. It's supposed to be like a real life party that starts at midnight.

I was playing all up until midnight tonight to get to Planes Queen. I'd much rather take a break, but that's the kind of event that splatfest is trying to simulate.
What? Is that the actual reason for the length?

That's.... pretty lame. I mean I kinda expect that sort of reasoning from Nintendo at this point (sigh), but still....

Platinum Inkling

Senior Squid
I would like Splatfests to be longer to be honest. They should last all weekend, that way everyone would have time to catch it, and more time to enjoy it. I always found it weird that it was only one day.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I reached 98/99. It hurts.

Also, while I'm sure it's not that related, I was hoping for it to be at least 15 minutes longer to compensate for the sudden server maintenance happening about an hour in.

cwjakesteel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
cwjakesteel
In my opinion whenever you lose a round you should get three points instead of two, and when you win an extra two points combined with three to earn five points like traditionally just so that it's not a long crawl to reach king/queen rank.
I mean some players only want to reach king/queen rank and just be done, it does gets a bit boring playing the game in a long play session and helps to take a break every once in a while.

And I agree it should be all weekend long, don't forget Nintendo kids and teens might have homework to do while adults have jobs to attend to, it would be a good idea just to extend splatfest a bit longer.
To get to Queen you need 184 points, so that's at most 92 and at least 37 turf war battles. Especially as a planes guy, I have to wait at least 2 minutes between each match just to be matched up with another planes team.

I definitely think that winning should be worth more than 100% of losing, rather than 3 for losing and 5 for winning. The problem is 2 is still so small I'd rather it be 3 and 6.

Relados

Senior Squid
I only got to play from 9:00 to midnight, so this was the first splatfest I couldn't even reach King status for.

I really wish points were awarded at +1 for every 200p, no limit, instead of capping it at +2 at 400p. Inking over 1200 points in a match should award me more points than the guy who inks 100 and then gets the win bonus points

Zigzag991

Inkling
NNID
Zigzag991
Dear lord no. Being locked into one mode with 3 maps, one song, and no friends if you some have 7 willing to play at the same time for an entire day is bad enough. I've come to hate Splatfest because it's practically a demo version that your forced to play unless you heave a bunch of friends online at the same time.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
One way I can see a solution is this: Have Splatfest go all weekend (2 days), but implement map switching into Splatfests. Not sure whether or not, however, to make it less frequent (perhaps 4 switches in 2 days?), or implement the usual 4 hour swap (at the cost of one playable map, if we're to go by the developers' preference of only having 2 maps ATM) in regards to the reaction by players, but I'd personally be prefer with the longer wait period for 3 maps, considering Splatfest has no rotation itself right now.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
In no way shape or form should it be longer, if anything it should be shorter. 24hrs is far too long to spend in turf war hell. Unless ranked is playable during splatfest ,if anything it should be shortened to 12 hrs.

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
Dear lord no. Being locked into one mode with 3 maps, one song, and no friends if you some have 7 willing to play at the same time for an entire day is bad enough. I've come to hate Splatfest because it's practically a demo version that your forced to play unless you heave a bunch of friends online at the same time.
To be honest I agree cause there are no ranked battles or the others aren't available
But I do wish for them to do is have rotations and different music in each match like how the regular matches do

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I think 24 hours is fine as it is, or at least I wouldn't want to have them shorter. This way, anyone who wants to be in the Splatfest can have a chance at doing so. I personally have work during Saturdays, and the last 5 hours are the only time I can participate, for instance.

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
I dont see this as even remotely being a problem for one reason: These events are very rare. They dont exactly happen with anything resembling frequency.

Besides, they're the only way to get the blasted sea snails, which is usually more than enough reason for most players to do them. You typically need a TON of those if you want to get the abilities you want on your equipment.

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
Poor idea, unless the mechanics of Splatfest are changed.
Ideas if they were to extend Splatfest for an... entire weekend, for example:
- 3 different maps for the different days, to spice things up.
- Increase the ranking system, maybe add an extra level or two. Give people incentive to play for a little longer if they have the time, and in turn give them bonus sea snails if they wish to capitalize on it.
- Allow people to squad up during Spatfest if they're on the same Splatfest team.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
Tbh, no I think Splatfest should stay the way it is. HOWEVER if they could allow more map rotation as well as being able to play ranked matches, then by all means make splatfest all weekend long!

Lorbeerprinz

Full Squid
NNID
lorbeerprinz
Poor idea, unless the mechanics of Splatfest are changed.
Ideas if they were to extend Splatfest for an... entire weekend, for example:
- 3 different maps for the different days, to spice things up.
- Increase the ranking system, maybe add an extra level or two. Give people incentive to play for a little longer if they have the time, and in turn give them bonus sea snails if they wish to capitalize on it.
- Allow people to squad up during Spatfest if they're on the same Splatfest team.
Personally, I'm okay with the length of Splatfest, but then again, I'm in Europe, which means Splatfest is on Saturday evening until late Sunday afternoon, enough time to be able to play at least some matches in most cases. But I do understand other people that would want it to be a little longer than 24 hours for time reasons. Maybe not the full two days of a weekend, but 1 1/2 days or something.
But yeah, these points would be great improvements, I've been wanting to squad ever since the very first Splatfest. It would kind of make sense to do, since when everyone stays in the lobby teams are not being shuffled through anyway, unlike regular Turf Wars, which basically turns your team into a squad to begin with, but being able to do so with friends who voted the same would be great. Or at least let me join their lobby when they're online.
Also music. I've got nothing against the Splatfest song(s), but 24 hours of the same track in each and every match does get tiresome real quick...

Axeliira

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Axeliira
I'm fine with the timing, despite me having to miss this past splatfest due to internet errors. I'd love more mode variety during splatfests though, like...maybe a ranked mode to take part instead of just turf wars? Maybe that's just my thinking.

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
Ranked rooms would screw matchmaking even more. Rotate between Turf, Zones, Turf, Tower, etc for something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom