• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

[Splatfest] Nessie vs. Aliens vs. Bigfoot

Which one of these is real?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

#8 regret

Number 10,008
Pronouns
bup/it/she
NNID
gameruler2012
Switch Friend Code
SW-7261-2944-2031
A new Splatfest has been announced!

Which of these is real?
Nessie [Shiver] vs. Aliens [Frye] vs. Bigfoot [Big Man]

Splatfest Preview: 24 March, 5pm PDT - 31 March, 5pm PDT
Splatfest: 31 March, 5pm PDT - 2 April, 5pm PDT​

aquasys

Inkling
objectively speaking aliens are the only one of those that are (probably) real, but if it were a matter of favorites i'd probably go for nessie

#8 regret

Number 10,008
Pronouns
bup/it/she
NNID
gameruler2012
Switch Friend Code
SW-7261-2944-2031
From what I've noticed, they've had a really bad habit of picking topics that don't inherently have a correct answer, but do have a most logical answer. Most notably, Gear vs. Grub vs. Fun, while not inherently having a right answer, made the most sense to vote for Gear, and the polls relected that. I really hope that they break this habit more, with things like Grass vs. Fire vs. Water, or Dark Chocolate vs. Milk Chocolate vs. White Chocolate.

Anyways, I'm voting Aliens.

Cephalobro

A Splatfest based on myths? Heck yeah! Although I don't know which one to pick at the moment, as all three are interesting, but I do have a slight bias toward urban legends, so it's a toss-up between Nessie and Bigfoot for me.

Mx_Diva

Splatoon Playing Spinster
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Mx_Diva
Switch Friend Code
SW-6445-1547-4212
My heart says Nessie but the X-Phile in me says Aliens and I just don’t like feet. I’m gonna have such a long day on this Splatfest.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
useless button.png

Hey, Nintendo, what's this button for? It's really weird you'd leave a useless menu item in your game like this.

#8 regret

Number 10,008
Pronouns
bup/it/she
NNID
gameruler2012
Switch Friend Code
SW-7261-2944-2031
View attachment 7799
Hey, Nintendo, what's this button for? It's really weird you'd leave a useless menu item in your game like this.
Having the option to change regions in the event of a vacation or a cross-continental move is a nice option to have. As far as I'm aware, the Splatfest region also dictates what pool of plaza posts show up in Splatsville.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
It was a joke - I guess it didn't land. Alas.

I get that it's nice to have the option for latency's sake, but if we're really only going to get worldwide Splatfests for the entirety of Splatoon 3's life cycle, that's unfortunate - it's already proving to be incredibly limiting. Like you said, most of the topics so far have had a logically correct answer, and I can't help but feel that the need to make topics that:
1) Work in threes
2) Are reasonably compelling
3) Are understandable worldwide
...is resulting in them really having to stretch for topics or give oddball choices to satisfy a certain group, like sour in Spicy vs Sweet vs Sour. Having regional Splatfests again would cut that list down to just two. Far from a guarantee for better topics, but it'd certainly make things easier.

#8 regret

Number 10,008
Pronouns
bup/it/she
NNID
gameruler2012
Switch Friend Code
SW-7261-2944-2031
Y'know, I never really considered it that way. Formulating questions that pertain to a global audience while still being culturally relevant to all of them sounds... nigh impossible. While I do respect Nintendo's guts to attempt doing so, it's absolutely resulted in some very... let's say, lame options for the Splatfests in this game. I doubt they'll go back on their globalisation of the event, but if they do, it would be a welcome change.

Cephalobro

I'm just glad to have a golden opportunity to attempt in getting the specific banner I want without having to spend so much cash, even though the Conch Shells use a different seed.

OneCoolCat

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6465-7408-0406
This is more of a personal preference than anything. As a Winter loving Canadian I am going to have chose BigFoot. I acknowledge Aliens is the most logical of all the myths. But this time Bigfoot and Big Man get my vote.

TOD13

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/him
im choosing nessie. i prefer her because she seems very chill. like, she wouldnt want to kill us if we went near her or something.

Cephalobro

Honestly, I changed my opinion, instead of Nessie, I'm starting to lean a lot more into aliens. So now it's a toss-up between aliens and bigfoot for me.

OneCoolCat

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6465-7408-0406
I realized that maybe Bigfoot may not like the cold. But in my head cannon Big Foot is a relative of the Admoninable Snowman. Still Bigfoot for me.

Cephalobro

Ended up picking Bigfoot as my choice. Also remember to use up all of your Conch Shells before the Splatfest is over because you lose them after the Splatfest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom