SPLATFEST RESULTS ARE HERE! FRIDAY WINS

2Ws2Ls

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-3607-4410-2815
Pretty wild results. Wasn't a big surprise to see friday taking tricolor, but having nothing else was a big surprise. as a saturday player, i was all too aware of the extreme majority, and the sneek peek was publicly available once the fest itself began. Friday having BOTH turf wins was a massive surprise though. If i recall, this has been the most balanced fest results regarding how many team points each had, which is interesting given the popularity vote, and how close the results were for, well, everything else.

Mx_Diva

Splatoon Playing Spinster
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Mx_Diva
Switch Friend Code
SW-6445-1547-4212
Cue the Katy Perry song. Transfemme Octopus Person wins again. See the world is not all bad.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
Heck yes! I haven't been on a winning team in ages! I am overjoyed and had so much fun (even though I am certain I hurt my team's odds FAR more than I helped, lol).

Lilac0

Inkster Jr.
These popular vote stats, mad. No wonder I got some mirror tricolour as Friday, as it was likely hard to find Sunday players. 2/3rds of the squids being Saturday, 2/9 being Friday and 1/9 being Sunday, so there was 6:2:1 ratio
Interesting seeing the win just off Open and Pro!

Edit: Also I love the results dialogue as always, Shiver just wants to hang out with Deep Cut

skylight

Inkling
i cant believe the fake weekend won. everyone who picked team friday is a FAKE WEEKEND FAN FRYE SHOULDVE HAD THIS WIN (/lh)

nineball

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/him
i never thought it would happen but i have never battled team friday this fest outside of tricolor, and my final clout in pro was 600k. good job team friday and team sunday, we both just farmed team saturday to death! raaaahhh🔥🔥🔥🔥!

also shoutout to this scuffed turf map from my third 100x (won 51.4%/42.1%)
2024021819031200-4CE9651EE88A979D41F24CE8D6EA1C23.jpg

Mx_Diva

Splatoon Playing Spinster
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Mx_Diva
Switch Friend Code
SW-6445-1547-4212
And on a side note. I was listening to the song while doing the Salmon Run and we all died suddenly right at the part Katy sings “That was such an epic fail.”. A new Splatoon memory.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
These Splatfest results are wild.
I believe this marks the first time the team that won the Tri-Color category didn't win overall. (They really need to rebalance the points for each category, I don't know why Tri-Color is worth more than both Votes and Sneak Peek combined.)

Also, LET FRYE WIN A SPLATFEST.
I'm beginning to suspect all of the die-hard Frye fans are bad at the video game.
Myself not included, of course.

Lilac0

Inkster Jr.
These Splatfest results are wild.
I believe this marks the first time the team that won the Tri-Color category didn't win overall. (They really need to rebalance the points for each category, I don't know why Tri-Color is worth more than both Votes and Sneak Peek combined.)

Also, LET FRYE WIN A SPLATFEST.
I'm beginning to suspect all of the die-hard Frye fans are bad at the video game.
Myself not included, of course.
They don't want votes & sneak peak to be too strong as then the most popular team just wins, and they want tricolour to have a lot of points because its meant to be a comeback mechanics, last ditch effort etc

Driftwood

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-3698-7224-9692
Maybe this is a little Saturday copium talking but it's worth noting that the "Open" category was really close and if either Saturday or Sunday won it they would have won the whole thing instead. If you exclude Open (12 points) then Friday had 12 points, Saturday had 15 points and Sunday had 18.
splatfest.png

cipsbsndj

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
I was hoping for one of two things for the results: either Frye getting a win, or the results being funny, and the results were indeed funny

Linneus

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Linneus
Switch Friend Code
SW-4891-1092-0917
my friends and i are just sad

ltsora

Inkling
satuday would have taken it were it not for the mirror matches man :( i love s3 but it definitely has the worst splatfest system out of all the entries... not to mention tricolor being straight up broken

Linneus

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Linneus
Switch Friend Code
SW-4891-1092-0917
satuday would have taken it were it not for the mirror matches man :( i love s3 but it definitely has the worst splatfest system out of all the entries... not to mention tricolor being straight up broken
I don't know how much the system's at fault, even though I have been more frustrated with these results than ever before in any of the other games, and I've been playing since Dogs vs. Cats, so this game's doing something that's been driving me crazy ALSO THE TWO SKULLS IN YOUR SIGNATURE ARE DIFFERENT SKULLS?

Driftwood

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-3698-7224-9692
satuday would have taken it were it not for the mirror matches...
I really don't think that's the case. The most popular team should have the most mirror matches (since mirror matches happen when the system cannot find enough of an opposing team to match you against). And the most popular team has won 9 out of the last 13 splatfests*. This includes some lopsided ones like Gear/Grub/Fun (Gear got 58.28% of the votes), Spicy/Sweet/Sour (Sweet got 56.84% of the votes), Vanilla/Strawberry/Mint Chip (Vanilla got 55.04%), Shiver/Frye/Big Man (Shiver got 55.18%) and Zombie/Skeleton/Ghost (Ghost got 63.02%).

*This is for the America, Australia, New Zealand region, though other regions are similar (source: https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/List_of_Splatfests_in_Splatoon_3).

Hokuto

Senior Squid
Pronouns
they/he/ze
Switch Friend Code
SW-5561-7608-9695
This is my first ever Splatfest and I'm delighted that Friday won. As a fan of the Hawaiʻi Fridays (RIV Blaseball), I was more or less legally obligated to choose Friday, even though I would have liked to side with Big Man. Have my stupid mail post while I'm here.

Attachments

Norilla

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1594-5651-4610
i never thought it would happen but i have never battled team friday this fest outside of tricolor
Was on Team Friday, and did not run into a single Team Sunday team outside of Tri-Color as well..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom