Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
Well, I've never watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (or Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles because apparently '80s UK governments thought ninjas were offensive and all ninja-related items were censored until late 90s... ah, whatever) and I'll still join those Splatfests. *Researches characters* Maybe I'll pick Leo and Mikey.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So...can you participate in all three rounds or only in the round of your chosen Turtle and then the final? And if they're all seperate, can you pick a different team for the finals than in the previous round? What if both of your teams win and they're pitted against each other in the finals. Seems a bit vague to me.

Either way I don't know anything about TMNT. Maybe I'll play one of the Konami arcade games and base it off that, IDK.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
So...can you participate in all three rounds or only in the round of your chosen Turtle and then the final? And if they're all seperate, can you pick a different team for the finals than in the previous round? What if both of your teams win and they're pitted against each other in the finals. Seems a bit vague to me.

Either way I don't know anything about TMNT. Maybe I'll play one of the Konami arcade games and base it off that, IDK.
You can play in all of them and choose whichever one you want each time.

Huh. I always thought TMNT was more popular to be honest. It always seemed like that from the interwebs, but i'm not from the US so that's probably it. The overwhleming (or atleast majority) opinion this time around seems to be an overwhelming "i don't care". I grew up with the 2003 series and also watched and really enjoyed the 2012 series so i'm super excited. Gonna be reppin Raph and Donnie (donnie being my all time favorite).

Also for those not familiar.
Leonardo (blue) is the leader who wields twin (katana) swords
Raphael (red) is the Hotheaded Muscle who wields twin sai's
Michaelangelo (orange) is the comedy relief doof who wields nunchucks (ironic i know)
Donatello (purple) is the tech genius and all round smart guy who wields the bo staff.
Their weapons tends to change in different iterations (like the newest series), but these are generally what they use.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
*dorkiness intensifies* (ง⌐□ل͜□)ง
This tickles me! In a lot of places. Would be radical if they let us have all four of the Splatfest shirts!

Though I'm still not too certain on the latest iteration of the turtles, but I'll still give it a chance!

AHEM! Um, this Splatfest announcement shall ease my pain... as we... we no longer have the weekly weapon guessing game.
o(╥﹏╥)o *presses "Booyah!" for respects*

Curious how this weird splatfest tournament format works out and if there'll be more like it in the future. Be an interesting way to resolve the four-way waifu war that's for sure. Though I've yet to think up what sort of other splatfests could warrant a tournament style.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Kind of came out of the left field, a licensed splatfest and having it 3 times in a row?

Unfortunately i never watched Ninja Turtles so this splatfest is kind of lost on me. Will be probably in it just for the snails.

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
As a child of the 80's, playing online games with teenagers has never made me feel as old as seeing people in this thread say they've never watched or don't care about the TMNT.
I feel you, friend. My buddy's kids like TMNT a little. At least my music taste is still modern. When that goes, it's over.

I'll probly back Leo and Mikey, and hope for Mikey in the end. The cartoon I grew up with was cringy, but I like the newer takes on the energetic younger brother.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
As a child of the 80's, playing online games with teenagers has never made me feel as old as seeing people in this thread say they've never watched or don't care about the TMNT.
I'm in my mid-twenties so I grew up in the exact period with no contemporary TMNT cartoon.
No, I don't.
Not even to get some more variety in your wardrobe? I can get pretty much every combination of abilities from my current sets but I still want to upgrade more to alternate a bit. And there's 3.0 gear just being added, too!

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
Not even to get some more variety in your wardrobe?
I don't know if it's just me, but even with clothes with different main abilities and gear chunks in this game, I could still care less about how I look in the game as long as I have the abilities I want.

Maave

Inkling Commander
Odd occurrence: I just played a 4v3. The non-existent player showed up in the result screen as level 1, rank "---". Didn't have time to read the name. Has anybody else seen that before?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Odd occurrence: I just played a 4v3. The non-existent player showed up in the result screen as level 1, rank "---". Didn't have time to read the name. Has anybody else seen that before?
Yep, sometimes someone disconnects in such a way that the game isn't able to read the player data, so it fills in the blanks with the defaults.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I don't know if it's just me, but even with clothes with different main abilities and gear chunks in this game, I could still care less about how I look in the game as long as I have the abilities I want.
Abilities are the most important, but that doesn't mean I don't want to be able to vary a bit in what I wear. In S1 I pretty much wear the same three pieces of gear exclusively and that gets stale real quick.

The non-existent player showed up in the result screen as level 1, rank "---".
I've had that a couple times. The player's name is ?????????? and the gear is always the basic three pieces plus the Jr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom