Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
I don't know if it's just me, but even with clothes with different main abilities and gear chunks in this game, I could still care less about how I look in the game as long as I have the abilities I want.
So you still care, then? Because if you didn't care, you'd be saying you couldn't care less.
Odd occurrence: I just played a 4v3. The non-existent player showed up in the result screen as level 1, rank "---". Didn't have time to read the name. Has anybody else seen that before?
Odd, I thought that issue was fixed? Because recently it just flat-out doesn't show the playertag anymore. Maybe they accidentally re-introduced the bug in this update.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Oh 5000 posts here! nice!

Odd, I thought that issue was fixed? Because recently it just flat-out doesn't show the playertag anymore. Maybe they accidentally re-introduced the bug in this update.
I don't recall any patch fixing that? last one i saw like this was one week ago.
Although with the 3.0 update, any disconnection lately have never had the LvL.1 inkling appear, and i had about 20 disconnections in the first 15 rooms when the update came.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
I don't recall any patch fixing that? last one i saw like this was one week ago.
Although with the 3.0 update, any disconnection lately have never had the LvL.1 inkling appear, and i had about 20 disconnections in the first 15 rooms when the update came.
It was fixed around 2.0, I believe. These types of disconnects that cause an invalid player only happen if they disconnect on the cue-in lobby screen while it says it's time to fight.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
It was fixed around 2.0, I believe. These types of disconnects that cause an invalid player only happen if they disconnect on the cue-in lobby screen while it says it's time to fight.
I have fer sure seen it after 2.0 hit. In fact, I didn't even ever encounter it in the first period when the game was out. Most of these have been in 2018 for me, certainly.
Actually i started seeing these after the 2.0 patch updates! And i'm very certain it was not fixed in 3.0 either or any updates inbetween.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Is anyone else getting the new two songs almost every match? I've played a ton since 3.0, and I've gotten them at least 50% of the time, so something it definitely going on. Frequently I get the same one twice in a row, even.
Oh 5000 posts here! nice!
So what's my price for being post no. 5000?

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Is anyone else getting the new two songs almost every match? I've played a ton since 3.0, and I've gotten them at least 50% of the time, so something it definitely going on. Frequently I get the same one twice in a row, even.

So what's my price for being post no. 5000?

Well i like the new songs compared to the other ones, so i don't mind having them playing more often than the others, but it feels like some songs have gone missing now.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Ok, so one time I was playing a Turf War and someone DC'd (Wow ikr). Then 2 minutes later, someone with a different weapon who I realized was my Switch Friend joined. Odd enough he finished the battle. Anyone experience this???

Sabeta

Inkster Jr.
Hey guys, it's been a while .I haven't played for about six months and 3.0 has me hyped to come back, but I'm having trouble getting back into the swing of things. Anyone got video guides on how to play better? I've gone from consistently top player on my team with 40/10 w/l to worst player on my team. It's be nice to reclaim my former skill, but I don't remember how I got there in the first place.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
@ThatOneGuy, I think we played in a match together last night, but sadly we lost, my bads! D:

Hey guys, it's been a while .I haven't played for about six months and 3.0 has me hyped to come back, but I'm having trouble getting back into the swing of things. Anyone got video guides on how to play better? I've gone from consistently top player on my team with 40/10 w/l to worst player on my team. It's be nice to reclaim my former skill, but I don't remember how I got there in the first place.
Welcome back! Naturally you're gonna be rusty after that long. Best thing for it is to keep playing and practicing, that's how to get better at anything.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
@ThatOneGuy, I think we played in a match together last night, but sadly we lost, my bads! D:

Welcome back! Naturally you're gonna be rusty after that long. Best thing for it is to keep playing and practicing, that's how to get better at anything.
That was a hype match, but we had a DC my man. I was doing my placement matches in tower control and I started playing bad. So then I was trying to paint by spamming my suction bombs.

Idk what you're talking about dropping the game though. You played just fine best of the team actually.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Hey guys this just dropped lessthan 6 hrs ago

Gives us a little glimpse into the bew game mode and it looks pretty good can't wait

For TMNT have to back leonardo
I will admit I watched very little tmnt outside of the movies.....which I still have some mixed feelings on.

Lumiose_Ink

Inkling
I watched that teaser just an hour ago or so, and I found it to be quite interesting; the concept of the level seems interesting. Even if I admittedly have trouble trying to aim with Chargers and even Blasters, I'm looking forward to that level. It might sharpen up my aiming abilities a notch and, if I may be sincere, it looks quite fun. Considering how unique this level appears to be, along with how it seemingly acts similar to a challenge - in the sense that you must complete the objective before the timer runs out - it seems like it's a very different level, and it honestly makes me wonder just how many levels share the same concept - the concept of a challenge.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Am I the only one who's getting kind of tired of Sploosh-o-Matic players in TW? 95% of the time they follow the exact same strategy. Relying on Curling Bombs to get to the enemy's camp, and just kind of running from people and prematurely using Splashdown as a panic button. Usually they end up with points around 1000, but with almost no kills and usually plenty of deaths.

If you're up against them it turns into the same old boring chase, and if you have one in your team, they'll rarely contribute in a meaningful way (because some random patches of turf in the opponent's base is really what you need to turn the match around...). And how are they even having fun with that dull strategy?

I mean, there's a few other weapons where people use this kind of strategy some times, but with Sploosh players it's nearly every one I encounter. The Sploosh is capable of much more, man...

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Yep. Aerospray RG's, same thing: use a Baller to roll unopposed into the enemy base, cut a swathe through it and retreat.

It's actually not a bad strategy IMO, depending on the opposing team's composition. If they're all slaying, low-inking weapons, taking their turf makes them either concede the points or waste time recovering it. In Turf Wars, if you spend 20 seconds making an opponent waste 30 seconds undoing your damage, it's a good move.

I have seen slayer Splooshes in Turf Wars, though, usually running Ninja Squid. They can be terrifying.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Surprised that you guys don't mention Aero/Sploosh players over training wheels chargers first.

Basically what i mean is that they are chargers that focus the entire game on getting kills, sit on one perch, miss constantly and never paint. They also try flick-sniping, despite them missing their snipes every single time, and it really doesn't work because they sit still at the same place during the entire game. They've been the bane of my existence in my quest to get flags, usually ending up as a glorified special charge battery for the enemy team.
I know TW is a training ground, but you can at the very least paint with the rest of your team and move.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Those aren't as bad. You can trick the opponents into trying to kill them while you flank.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It's actually not a bad strategy IMO, depending on the opposing team's composition. If they're all slaying, low-inking weapons, taking their turf makes them either concede the points or waste time recovering it.
Maybe it can be useful in certain scenarios, but that's certainly not how selective most Sploosh players are with the strategy. And even then, after a while you learn to ignore them instead of chasing them, and just get them at a good moment. Then, you (and others on your team) can just reclaim a bit of turf when you respawn. Takes up no time, really.

Surprised that you guys don't mention Aero/Sploosh players over training wheels chargers first.

Basically what i mean is that they are chargers that focus the entire game on getting kills, sit on one perch, miss constantly and never paint. They also try flick-sniping, despite them missing their snipes every single time, and it really doesn't work because they sit still at the same place during the entire game. They've been the bane of my existence in my quest to get flags, usually ending up as a glorified special charge battery for the enemy team.
I know TW is a training ground, but you can at the very least paint with the rest of your team and move.
Yeah, there's also a lot of bad chargers who think camping is a good strategy. But they're more low-key annoying. A copy/paste Sploosh player is something you immediately notice.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
yeah um, not sure if i like these. I'm still getting used to the new designs and then they throw this in my face lol
Also raph's ink colour is pink. RIP blood ink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom