• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2: Find Out What's Fresh! (General Discussion)

What are you most excited about for Splatoon 2?

• New Weapons

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • New Stages

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • New Specials

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • New Character Customization Options

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • New Modes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • The Return of Old Stuff (Stages, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • EVERYTHING!!!

Votes: 55 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
I'm gonna go with modern cause I guess that's what I'm currently exposed to but, can anyone help feel as though this is a rehash of the Past vs Future Splatfest from one? Regarding the fact that past one, I sense a bit of Irony.

seth_the_inkling

Senior Squid
I'm gonna go with modern cause I guess that's what I'm currently exposed to but, can anyone help feel as though this is a rehash of the Past vs Future Splatfest from one? Regarding the fact that past one, I sense a bit of Irony.
the irony is strong with this mode...

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Is there new music in 4.0? I assumed so from the trailer

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
They say they're bringing the Toni 'cancer' weapons next patch but when they gon' bring the Tony Stark weapons? #SMH

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
A shameless plug and a shameless pun combo...

Makes me wish I had the new Carbonate Bomb to throw at this thread! Personally, I'm gonna nickname it the CokeSodaPop... or Soda Pop for short! =p

Depending on how this sub turns out, I'm gonna be caught in a love triangle between it and the Curling Bomb. :oops:

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet

Makes me wish I had the new Carbonate Bomb to throw at this thread! Personally, I'm gonna nickname it the CokeSodaPop... or Soda Pop for short! =p

Depending on how this sub turns out, I'm gonna be caught in a love triangle between it and the Curling Bomb. :oops:
I smell a new Inkbrush.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108

Tentacola

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Now there’s the REAL Splatfest debate. Is it called soda or pop? Where I live, it’s reffered to exclusively as pop, so that would be the team I chose. (And if you say soda you’re just wrong.)

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Now there’s the REAL Splatfest debate. Is it called soda or pop? Where I live, it’s reffered to exclusively as pop, so that would be the team I chose. (And if you say soda you’re just wrong.)
It's called Coke where I live, but the Splatfest is Modern vs Retro atm.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Pffft, how delusional. You must clearly live in a self confined bubble to even have the audacity to think that pop is the correct term when the world calls it soda. Get with the program.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
Pffft, how delusional. You must clearly live in a self confined bubble to even have the audacity to think that pop is the correct term when the world calls it soda. Get with the program.
Uh...nope. The entire Midwest calls it pop. So, I don’t know which one is the more widely used term, but I can guarantee you that there are sections of the world that refer to it as pop, the PROPER term.

It's called Coke where I live, but the Splatfest is Modern vs Retro atm.
Where I live, Coke is a brand, and we refer to most of the “sugar drinks” group as pop. It’s also just an idea for a future Splatfest that I’m sure will never happen. Lol.

EDIT: Rough area map of Pop vs Soda vs Coke that I found.
6E4FA516-D14C-410F-A2A6-00DC91EA31C6.jpeg

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
*evil giggle* All according to cake keikaku! Including someone bustin out the map! xD

Me, I've grown around zones where "coke" and "pop" were debated and interchangeable, but "coke" was more common in the rural areas. Until I started traveling more eastward "pop" was often used to refer to your dad. lol

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
The full name is “soda-pop,” so two groups are equally correct in their abbreviations and the third (“coke”) is weird and should be shamed.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
On the topic of this Popaganda, if the article that Ansible posted is true, the CO2 bomb might just be the definition of gimmicky. Apparently you have to move the joystick around to charge it and (based on my own estimates) it takes roughly 3 seconds to charge it fully so they better give it a damn good effect if it isn't gonna become the new ink mine.

SquidKid85

Inkling Commander
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch Friend Code
SW-2518-9259-3787
I live in that pop region. Literally never heard it called pop.
Well, it’s just a rough map. The only parts of it that I can confirm are that yes, the entire Midwest calls it pop. Beyond that, I know the general areas on that map are about right but I can’t outright confirm any of it.

Also the people you live with are all wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom