• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 isn't going to happen anytime soon

nineball

Senior Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Super jumping in Splatoon 1 requires the touch screen. Splatoon 2 will therefore have a different mechanic than super jumping. This is Nintendo, they'll innovate and make sure the game "Stays Fresh." It's not COD. Splatoon 2 is unlikely to be a direct copy of Splatoon 1 gameplay with new graphics and map textures. The gameplay CONCEPT will remain core (shooting ink and swimming in it) but I'd expect implementation to be radically different. Maybe it will take place on the alien world the UFOs came from. Maybe it will take place underwater as the inklings retake the oceans and feature 360degree Gravity Rush like gameplay. Who knows, it's Nintendo!

The portable screen won't be able to be used as a touch screen since it is to be assumed to be under the TV as the console itself (if the current rumors are true.) And when playing it as the portable, it's your main screen. I think Zelda BotW proves there is no second/touch screen. WW:HD used the gamepad for map/inventory and was great. TP:HD used the gamepad for map/inventory and was great. BotW was going to use the gamepad for map/inventory, and now, it does not use the gamepad screen at all "because it's confusing and breaks immersion." (Despite it was praised and touted on the prior two.) And NX and WiiU will have identical experiences.

Translation: When we ported BotW to NX and set a policy of parity between platforms we had to ditch utilization of the Gamepad touch screen because NX has no second screen to utilize but we can't admit that now because we haven't unveiled NX yet so we need lame excuses which we'll change to reflect the hardware later.

That's not a bad thing, I'm still loving the concept of NX I'm seeing if it pans out as true. But it does mean they'll need Splatoon 2 to innovate some new gameplay systems instead of the superjump and map (or a different way to control the map and jump)

CAVEAT: It's possible the portable WILL be usable with the touch screen if the system uses the same Miracast that's used to feed the Gamepad touch screen instead of a physical dock. But Miracast is FLAKY at higher resolutions...gamepad works because it's so low res. Mira is good for presentations and such but it tends to jitter out and miss frames at HD res.
"Splatoon 2 will therefore have a different mechanic than super jumping" my god this thread is a gold mine

mossyquartz

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6391-8464-6805
I really don't understand why people are artificially hyping themselves up for a game that is, in reality, probably a very far way away. Look at Nintendo's track record with some of their IPs.

Mario Kart
console: 1992, 1996, 2003, 2008, 2014
handheld: 2001, 2005, 2011

Mario Tennis
console: 2000, 2004, 2015
handheld: 2000, 2005, 2012

Mario Golf
console: 1999, 2003
handheld: 1999, 2004, 2014

Smash Bros. (one exception, but I'd hardly say it's the "norm")
console: 1999, 2001, 2008, 2014
handhled: 2014

Nintendo isn't Activision or EA, they don't crap out games every year and rip off the consumer leaving them behind with what feels like something that is now useless (basically every sports game once the new one comes out).
If Nintendo was smart, they'd release a Splatoon Remastered or whatever with improved graphics and give a Wii U to NX system transfer for the save data. I for one wouldn't buy an NX for that, but it might entice people who passed up on the Wii U entirely to get an NX. Splatoon has been out for just over one year, 1 year 2 months, and it'll be almost 2 years when the NX comes out. Nintendo's track record seems to be around 4 years+.
Finally someone said it!

Nezii_XoXo

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2317-3818-0500
I wonder where
I really don't understand why people are artificially hyping themselves up for a game that is, in reality, probably a very far way away. Look at Nintendo's track record with some of their IPs.

Mario Kart
console: 1992, 1996, 2003, 2008, 2014
handheld: 2001, 2005, 2011

Mario Tennis
console: 2000, 2004, 2015
handheld: 2000, 2005, 2012

Mario Golf
console: 1999, 2003
handheld: 1999, 2004, 2014

Smash Bros. (one exception, but I'd hardly say it's the "norm")
console: 1999, 2001, 2008, 2014
handhled: 2014

Nintendo isn't Activision or EA, they don't crap out games every year and rip off the consumer leaving them behind with what feels like something that is now useless (basically every sports game once the new one comes out).
If Nintendo was smart, they'd release a Splatoon Remastered or whatever with improved graphics and give a Wii U to NX system transfer for the save data. I for one wouldn't buy an NX for that, but it might entice people who passed up on the Wii U entirely to get an NX. Splatoon has been out for just over one year, 1 year 2 months, and it'll be almost 2 years when the NX comes out. Nintendo's track record seems to be around 4 years+.
I wonder where this person is now ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom