• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Nintendo Direct on Thursday July 6th 7AM PT/10 AM EST

Coricus

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4794-7152-2904

I just saw this pop up on Twitter. Since there doesn't seem to be a thread yet I figured I might be able to do the honor of setting up the dedicated thread.

All aboard the hype train? *choo choo*

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'm admittedly pretty neutral on this. It's gonna bring the hype, sure, but we're 18 days out from getting our hands on the game, whether the hype happens Thursday or several days later seems pretty irrelevant :P I'm hoping this covers something external to the game, something that wouldn't be immediately apparent to those of us losing 6+ hours of that Friday to the game.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Damn it Nintendo, must you always schedule these directs so early in the morning?
...and for that matter, what else is there to Splatoon 2 that warrants a direct?

Coricus

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4794-7152-2904
Damn it Nintendo, must you always schedule these directs so early in the morning?
...and for that matter, what else is there to Splatoon 2 that warrants a direct?
Well, they did say that to some extent it was a recap, I guess.

Salmon Run still has a lot of confusion surrounding it and I don't think League Mode has actually been mentioned in any more than passing let alone shown off. There was also the whole thing about the different modes connecting to an extent. We've also had a passing mention of Annie decorating weapons in the Squid Sisters Stories, and Crusty Sean's food truck likely has some kind of purpose. And of course, we still have no idea how the news is being handled considering plot developments. . .

There's actually quite a bit they haven't shown off, thinking on it. A lot of little teases and tidbits that haven't actually been followed up on yet.

And all things considered, they could probably show off another stage or two that we'll see at launch as well. Perhaps even announce a little bit of post-launch support like the first Splatfest for Splatoon 2.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Come on Nintendo, announce a US bundle already! That, or just show some sweet gameplay. I really want Nintendo to sell me on the game, so I'm really hoping this focus entirely on the gameplay differences and new weapons at launch, rather than talk about Amiibo or even DLC. I'm curious what they have their sleeve as I feel we've seen all that's needed to talk about. Unless of course they have a new weapon-type, or something really special.

BooDestroyer

Full Squid
NNID
BooDestroyer
They really need to tell us a bit more of the basics on this game. It still feels like there's more they're hiding from us.

Hopefully, a tour of Inkopolis Square (which we still hardly know much about), what's around in it, and maybe some sort of new group doing the announcements and everything. (I mean, remember when the Squid Sisters were first revealed in a Splatoon 1 Direct only a few weeks before that came out?)

Maybe more on this League Battle too.

They're not possibly going to waste all 25 minutes on everything we already know about.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I believe we still don't know who runs the clothing store(stores?)
Or what exactly Crusty \Sean does for the player in game(or if he's just a background cameo).
Other new characters???

Other new maps? Other returning maps? Will we get any reflection symmetry, ala Saltspray? If yes, what will be done differently to improve such map setup?

And there are quite a few things that they have mentioned, if only briefly, that they can recap and possibly elaborate on a touch more.

And, of course, condense all of the salmon run info, since seemingly conflicting info on it's availability might still be confusing some who aren't heavily "in the loop".

Last edited:

SaltyCal

Full Squid
NNID
Jimbo21
Switch Friend Code
SW-2497-8552-1603
I'm hyper.

There could be a bunch of new information, or it could just be a refresher on the new features that have been unveiled so far. I hope there is more info on the weapons. I want to see how the new bombardment special works. I'll be watching intently.

Dog King

Full Squid
Honestly, I'm expecting new weapons (possibly a new weapon type), new and returning stages, a league battle demo, a tour of the new Inkopolis Square, and maybe, hopefully, they announce a testfire! I'm so excited for tomorrow!

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
It's only a few hours away now and I am pretty hype about it.
I really do hope they will give us a tour of the Square.
I don't really want any more details on the lore/story of single player because I wanna experience the mode myself [Though it's gonna take forever for me to get the Switch though.]

We won't know what they'll show until it happens. \o/

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Can't believe Marina and the fugly one were the biggest news for me. Love that there is a replacement for the Squid Sisters. Especially Marina has a lot of potential for a good story if they repeat the sunken scrolls stories and explain how these two came to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom