Splatoon 2 : The sequel ideas thread

How do you feel about thsee ideas

• Total voters

Ink dweller

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jchalla
So now that we realize that splatoon is almost over/ is over, let's discuss the sequel that the director of Splatoon said he would make if it got enough support.
Here are my ideas and comment your suggestions below if you'd like. I personally like constructive criticism.

My ideas for Splatoon 2: ⬇

1. Highlight reels (like MK8S highlight reel, and a turf war timelapse.)

2. Live battle viewing(ex. You can watch any player play Splatoon live)

3. Lan support.

4.A more widely available map selection. I'm thinking 20 maps at launch(The map selection is like MK 8 online where there are 4 maps to choose from including random, then the game randomly picks the map.

5. Worldwide AND regional server options( That way, if we're looking for harder competition, we would choose worldwide because let's face it, the Japanese and the Europeans are better than us North Americans.

6. More weapons, AND gear. Nintendo can make multiple contests for weapon ideas, and gear ideas, but they'll probably be for the Japanese. (Good thing Japanese have a great sense of style)

7. Voice chat. Now, you can only choose voice chat during Regional server play. You can also mute players. Now, in order to make the voice chat open for a more mature audience, voice chat will be open to people 13 years or older (miiverse age) And you have to buy a specific line of headsets.

8. Less of a disconnection penalty. If you disconnect during ranked battles, your rank goes down. Now they can fix that by allowing you to reconnect to a battle. But that will mean that both teams get notified of your reconnection, but it's better than losing your rank. It's also good for tournaments.

9. Bigger stuff. By that I mean 8 on 8 matches.(but you can still choose 4 on 4)With a player size 2 times that of the original game, you need to make maps 2 times bigger. More snipe spots, not just one main area of control. Flank points, and more

10. Drone stations(four in 8 v 8 maps, and two in 4 v 4 maps)

11. Turrets. Normal, and sniping turrets included(sniping turrets have the skill slightly above that of the octolings in story mode

12. Ink crossbow/ ink bow and arrow weapon class.

13. The ability to change gear and weapons in between games

14. Custom gear perks. That means that you can spam damage up or run speed up all you like.

15. Custom weapon sets (ex. 96 gal with an ink mine, and inkzooka

16. Weapon decals. Kinda like cod:bo3's camo, except they would be released in amiibo. For example, a mario amiibo will get you a mario decal. Decals aren't accessible using ONLY amiibo. You can buy it in a shop

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
1. I want more than highlight reels (like found in MK8). I want full replays that the player can cut or maybe even export.
2. That would be great!
4. In retrospect, I really like the fact that the map pool was increased incrementally, that helped people learn and appreciate certain elements. The later maps required a bit more skill, so they fit better to advanced players. But I'd also keep the random rotation, only maybe this time 3 maps per mode. And when there are enough maps available, it would be also nice to have all modes at the same time, each with their own rotation. Unless this thins out the player base.
5. I wouldn't want that because it would limit the number of available players and because I think it's fine how it is, but I guess many people want regional servers. But then the install base would have to be significantly bigger, otherwise it'll thin out the player base.
7. I get that, but I'm fine with the game not having vc. Everyone still can use Discord, Teamspeak, Steam or even a phone call. And I don't think you could secure it effectively for minors, everyone can fake their miiverse age.
8. I agree and the 2.6.0 update at least adresses that partly: If one of your teammates disconnects, you will lose less rank points.
9. Not really sold on that idea, but I'd be willing to try it. But I think 4vs4 is ideal already. Maybe 5vs5, but I think it's a good thing that the teams are so small.
10. What are Drone stations?
11. I thought about turrets and I could see them implemented as a special.
12. Interesting idea! I would like to see an arrow with ink bolts that can 1HKO. Obviously it would be a lightweight charger with a decend range. I'd play that! :)
13. Definitely!
14. That's actually something I wanted for a long time. It should cost a lot, but you should also be able to change the main ability. But it should be really expensive, like 100000p or so. And changing all three subslots to whatever you like also costs 100000p (while doing a random reroll still costs you 30000p).
Either this or the brand abilities should be way higher than 5x. Maybe even 10x, 20x or mabe even 50x. It shouldn't be too probable, of course, but more probable than it is right now. I spent tons of p and sea snails on rerolls and I got only three items with perfect slots (3 same subs of the brand ability). And the best thing is, I got the perfect Red Hi-Tops by ordering from Spyke, the White Sailor Suit just happened naturally without any reroll, and I got the perfect Sky-Blue Squideye with the first reroll!
15. The same goes for weapon sets, I want to create my own. I'm aware that there might be balancing issues, so some combinations could be prohibited by default.
16. Interesting idea!

Ok I'm adding my own points now:

17. Oh, I totally forgot! A trading system for your gear! You could also trade sea snails for gear and vice versa.
18. Also, you should be allowed to have multiple instances of the same gear (with different subslots).
19. A real-time plaza, at least something like the Squad rooms in XCX where you had 20 different gestures/animations and could all walk around in real-time.
20. More text commands! In addition to "Nice!" (which could be on the touchscreen to free up the d-pad) and "To me!", we need "Defend!" (in RM it should be "Defend Me!"), "Contain" and "Push" (or "Go Go!") on the d-pad. Or maybe some other commands that I didn't think of right now.
21. While SuperJumping, one of the following should be possible:
  • changing your flight path (slightly) while still in mid-air
  • being transparent and invulnerable for a short amount of time after landing, but during this time you can't attack
  • being able to shoot already in mid-air (similar to how Rollers already can splat you during a SuperJump)
22. Tri-Squad matchmaking: If the game can't find another tri-squad, it should match them with a twin-squad + one player from random ranked. Alternatively, it could add one player from random ranked to the tri-squad and match them against two twin-squads.
23. Expand the shooting range! There should be two separate areas with moving & shooting enemies (most likely Octolings since they emulate human gameplay quite well) to try out abilities like special saver or quick respawn or to practice certain movements. And get rid of those big dummies with 500HP. They are useless because there is no equivalent in online battles.
24. Either allow players to play ranked matches during Splatfest or, which would be way better, expand the Splatfest to ranked so that you only battle the other Splatfest team in ranked matches and win points for your Splatfest team.
25. Global Splatfests. This is a global game, the online communities are global and it's just silly that they reduce the player base with regional ones, because sometimes (during night especially) it can take a long time until you find enough players (or it's always the same players). Also, I think it's silly that the regional Splatfests occur at different dates, if they are not united in a global Splatfest, they should at least overlap as much as possible.
26. Also, while ranked is available during the global Splatfest, the Splatfest should be expanded to either 48 hours or a full weekend (Friday 0:00 till Sunday 23:59 of your timezone).
27. I'd like to have better Splatfest themes, like the Ninja vs. Barbarian Splatfest. It was something special and meaningful because the play styles were separated and it really showed. Other than that, I hated almost all of the EU Splatfest themes (except for the time travel theme). It would be great if users could send in theme suggestions and have players vote for them, but that's not something that's really important for me.
28. The addition of an S- rank. There is a lot of fluctuation of quality between S rankers + it's more consistent.
29. More actual Splatoon merchandise! In Japan they have all kinds of stuff, here in Germany they have nothing so I had to order a Squid hat from Nintendo UK (with the help of a fellow Nintendo Life Splatoon player)
30. More aggressive advertising! Splatoon could be a big mainstream hit (as it is in Japan), people just have to get in touch with it. Every single person that I showed it to immediately had fun while splatting some ink. It has a nice and rich appeal to it for everybody.

Last edited:

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
9. Bigger stuff. By that I mean 8 on 8 matches.(but you can still choose 4 on 4)With a player size 2 times that of the original game, you need to make maps 2 times bigger. More snipe spots, not just one main area of control. Flank points, and more

10. Drone stations(four in 8 v 8 maps, and two in 4 v 4 maps)

11. Turrets. Normal, and sniping turrets included(sniping turrets have the skill slightly above that of the octolings in story mode
Yesterday, before I went to sleep, I had a few ideas that require bigger maps and therefore 8vs8.
If there would be bigger maps, they should also add a lot more height, like building-crane-high. Obviously these spots would be occupied by snipers and of course there should be countermeasures.
So I thought about this:
How about homing torpedos as a sub weapon that deal 50 damage and spread a lot of ink on impact. Since the snipers spots on the building-cranes would be really narrow, the torpedos would most likely topple the sniper (unless he shoots them mid-air, but this mustn't be too easy so they have to fly realy fast) and probably cause him to fall down. Of course he wouldn't die, but since he already took 50 damage, it would be relatively easy to splat them.
Also, there would be homing rockets (similar to those that DJ Octavio fires at you) as a special weapon. They would fly slower than the torpedos, but they would instakill and you could fire multiple homing rockets, but with short interruptions/cooldown periods so that it won't become OP.

Of course, in maps so big drone stations and turrets would become very useful too.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I don't think an 8v8 would work very well for Splatoon. It would be too confusing for players and it would cause stress to the connections. The game often struggles just to support a 4v4 game with only two colors flying around. It can lag a lot. Can you imagine the amount of lag and disconnections that a game with 8 different colors would have? It would be confusing for players to have 8 different colors flying around anyway. It's honestly something that I hope Nintendo never thinks to include in the game. It would make it a lot less fun.

Custom weapon sets would also be a fairly bad idea. There is a reason why we cannot choose our specials and subs. People would take advantage of it and break weapons. There are some special/sub combinations that certain weapons could receive to utterly break them and make them truly OP. There aren't any OP weapons in Splatoon right now but allowing people to customize their sub/specials would bring that to the game. And I think we can do without. Allowing us to customize the look of our weapons would be nice though.

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
That's exactly why I'm generally against increasing the number of players. I only came back to it because of the idea with higher ledges.
And custom weapon sets would obviously have to be restricted, some combinations are just out of the question and should therefore be blocked by the game.
But some specials are underrepresented and could go well with other weapons without becoming OP. It's for those cases only.

For example: I'm playing TC right now and thought about trying the Slosher for this mode (I usually play shooters and the Slosher only als alt weapon for TW). Now I like the burst bombs that come with the Slosher but not the Inkstrike. However, the Slosher Deco has a Splash Wall, which I don't find very useful and it consumes a lot of ink on top of the Slosher being inkhungry, but recently I came to like the Kraken (I hated it before the nerfs).
So what I would like for example would be a Slosher with Burst Bombs and Kraken, or a Splattershot (Burst or Suction bomb) with Echolocator or generally more weapons with bomb rushes (especially Suction bombs).
For each weapon model there could be a specific range of allowed subs and specials, also with some restrictions regarding the combinations (point sensors and echolocators can't go together, for example).

Last edited:

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
That's exactly why I'm generally against increasing the number of players. I only came back to it because of the idea with higher ledges.
And custom weapon sets would obviously have to be restricted, some combinations are just out of the question and should therefore be blocked by the game.
But some specials are underrepresented and could go well with other weapons without becoming OP. It's for those cases only.

For example: I'm playing TC right now and thought about trying the Slosher for this mode (I usually play shooters and the Slosher only als alt weapon for TW). Now I like the burst bombs that come with the Slosher but not the Inkstrike. However, the Slosher Deco has a Splash Wall, which I don't find very useful and it consumes a lot of ink on top of the Slosher being inkhungry, but recently I came to like the Kraken (I hated it before the nerfs).
So what I would like for example would be a Slosher with Burst Bombs and Kraken, or a Splattershot (Burst or Suction bomb) with Echolocator or generally more weapons with bomb rushes (especially Suction bombs).
For each weapon model there could be a specific range of allowed subs and specials, also with some restrictions regarding the combinations (point sensors and echolocators can't go together, for example).
You'd have to do away with the concept of modifications made by other brands entirely. And just have six basic weapon classes with variable kits basically. Which I think strips down a lot of the fun and strategy in working with whats available in favor of just building whatever you want (with some restrictions)

But even then, I believe your example fails to illustrate a situation in which an underrepresented special is being utilized. You're wanting the best of both weapons, which if allowed by the game, would diminish the use of certain subs/specials entirely. Learning how to work with less good specials and subs to play to the strengths of the main weapon is all a part of the strategy. You know what I mean?
Its like saying, as a Mario Kart analogy, "I like the acceleration of the light karts, but I wish they had the sturdiness and top speed of the heavy karts." You cant have the best of both options.

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
You could be right. Annd it's not like I hadn't already learned to work with those "weaknesses". But I do believe that there are some special underrepresented. Like Suction Bomb Rush, which only exists twice with a Blaster and the Splash-o-matic. The Berry Splattershot Pro will be the first non-short-range weapon to have this special.
So if there won't be custom weapon sets, I hope they'll at least add a decent number of those weapon variants.

I don't agree with the comparison though. Acceleration, Top Speed, Weight or Sturdiness in MK are more like Damage, Range, Firerate, Weight or Ink Consumption to me.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
You could be right. Annd it's not like I hadn't already learned to work with those "weaknesses". But I do believe that there are some special underrepresented. Like Suction Bomb Rush, which only exists twice with a Blaster and the Splash-o-matic. The Berry Splattershot Pro will be the first non-short-range weapon to have this special.
So if there won't be custom weapon sets, I hope they'll at least add a decent number of those weapon variants.

I don't agree with the comparison though. Acceleration, Top Speed, Weight or Sturdiness in MK are more like Damage, Range, Firerate, Weight, Ink Consumption to me.
Yeah, I wasn't trying to accuse you of not working with the weapons. After all its splatoon 101.

Thats true, but main, sub and special are a complete package. Like the stats of the main or the stats of MK karts, they bring extra variables, strengths and drawbacks to consider when choosing what to fight with. Obviously, or else there would not be all this discussion on customizable kits. Its really all the same thing in my opinion.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
(First post, number 7)voice chat, no, this is only an interest to high competitive that needs advance teamwork and planning. Stuff like "charger down" or where charger is should be easy seen by the nonverbal signs the game gives. They left it out in development for a reason and was talked about.

Mine:
Be more lag friendly, meaning stuff needs to splat a bit slower and have consent rules. Splatting someone by sub/rm is delayed for example so it is not fair they can splat me (trade) just because the game gives lag delay on some things and not others.

Have more lag fix coding so it does not make "glitches" (like the tower moving the wrong way, tower not moving, etc) just because the games got out of sync somehow.

1-5 agree
6, not sure, more weapons means more chance of having an op combination (chargers+ burst bombs) or whatever. I like more custimizable gear along having a 4th (skirts/skorts/pants/shorts) and dresses (like squidgirl dress would need stats to fill both?) so the squidgirl dress would have 2 mains, maybe be customize.?
8. was put in update
9. no, till we get better world wide internet it will have too much lag issue.
10. I got no clue what a "drone station" is
11. Maybe in a special map or two along with sponges and rails but def not a thing in all maps.
12. YES! I love bows (and just by luck that was momo's weapon in xenosaga 2, totally not related >.>)
13. Yes, I feel this could be an update, like limit 5-10 seconds when you get matchmake lobby screen after it is full (so more time if you happen to load it fast) I hate leaving good rooms just because I want to change weapon and this can be done fast.
14. I am not sure what this means, they have caps for balance issues (like the recent blaster and roller changes)
15. No, they do not do this to make easier balance, there be too many 52 or 96 gal with whaever sub and special that happens to be op for the current maps.
16. I got no idea what "cod:bo3's camo" means but ill just understand it from what the rest said, that is fine, maybe my peach can give me something pinkXD pikachu give some kind of lightning bolt thing.
17. Yeah anything to make the current manipulation less tedious.
18. yes, or at least let us buy override from store, lol, id love to have more then one squidgirl set without the need of having 2 accounts (totally have though, level 41 S+ and a 46? current A blaster weapon)
19. something like that could be fun
20. They need preset commands to pick from like pokemon. Also get rid of "come'on" like 70% of English players do not know how use it.
21. Mostly no, they need more delay on when you can use weapon and sub. The current way is too OP like using an inkzuka to increase range while about to land (cute but there was more then one person on the tower, still that shouldn't be happening.) This makes dynamo roller esp way too dangerous when landing a super jump. The dev made it CLEAR super jumping should have a risk and to some extent there is none. This also fits what I mean by more lag friendly, no way should a super jump person be able splat a teammate when I am camping the ring. So it needs more delay before being able use a weapon, not less.
22. If I que for a random, I want a random, not a premade team that knows coordination. Good tri squads with plans, etc, that fuse as a team can beat quads. (unless they too have good coordination) IF you are asking for the option to let someone seek as a single to be paired with a twin to help tri squadmatchming sure, but NO BIG NO to splitting up a twin or pulling a person from random.
23. Those 500 things could be rm shield but i got no idea, anyways yes improving the testing range would be nice like being able to see last ditch effort effects, comeback etc, making open pit jumps and high ledges to test vertical range (some weapons like blasters are hard to deal with at times on stuff like bridge and heights because you do not know exactly where the vertical damage points are.
24. Yes/no, Yes to letting people play rank splatfest with other splatfest team, but no to world wide rank.
25. This would be nice... if there was no lag issues..
26. I had an idea about this before I posted on a different forum. What I said was, splatfest would be 4 days, 1 day per mode. The "rank" would reset each day along with win/loss rate. So when the final result would come, it would be pop x1 + win x1 for each mode (so be like win x4) winning team would be 8 snails max per day (32 total) and losing be 6 (24 total) if max rank each day. To get max rank would require straight wins for 1 hour (unlike now where it is like 2 hours and 30 mins about) with more of an average playtime of 2 hours per day for max rank (I need about 4 hours per splatfest to max rank usually, thats average though)
27. Most eu themes suck, can't help ya there :3
28. There is a reason for this but S rank is a special class, S- really does not exist. (Unlike A- etc they are real) All you can do to add ranks is remove S+ and add in SS and SSS.
29. Yes please, I had to buy my squid pillow (my avvy) for 40 USD but I seen local price of 2000 yen about? I would fly to japan and buy one of each at that price and fly back lol. I really want a turquoise and orange one but not for 40 each.
30. They did advertise a lot, smash, mk8 and splatoon got a lot of attention.

Also adding another of my own:
whatever you put splatoon next, make sure it has a direct ethernet port. On my usb it takes this:

to this:

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
More inkling appearance customization.
More variety in clothing choices. Pants, shorts, skirts, dresses. Options for summer and winter clothing, or perhaps having your clothing change in appearance between spring/summer and fall/winter.
Ability to see a replay of your death instead of the aftermath.
More map variety, specifically asymmetrical maps such as cp_dustbowl or payload in Team Fortress 2.
New modes/maps designed for more than 8 players.
Cooperative modes where players can face an NPC boss or horde.
Either secondary gear slots can be chosen, or they are locked. No random rerolls.

Last edited:

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
To elaborate on my idea: Ink tanks are divided by "shape" or "style" as well as "Brand". This will let you have several types of tanks (Large, Bulky, Compact, Ultra-light) that are made by the different manufacturers (Tentatek Large Custom Ink Tank, Krak-On Compact Ink Tank), which would give you physical attributes of the Ink Tanks (Large - increased capacity for lower walk speed, Bulky - vastly increased ink capacity for reduced walk AND swim speed, Compact - normal ink capacity but smaller hitbox in both kid and squid forms, Ultra-light - Half Ink Capacity but greatly-increased walk and swim speed) and the stat boosts from brands (which will be based on what each brand already offers for gear sub-abilities).

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
12. Interesting idea! I would like to see an arrow with ink bolts that can 1HKO. Obviously it would be a lightweight charger with a decend range. I'd play that! :)

21. While SuperJumping, one of the following should be possible:
  • changing your flight path (slightly) while still in mid-air
  • being transparent and invulnerable for a short amount of time after landing, but during this time you can't attack
  • being able to shoot already in mid-air (similar to how Rollers already can splat you during a SuperJump)
23. Expand the shooting range! There should be two separate areas with moving & shooting enemies (most likely Octolings since they emulate human gameplay quite well) to try out abilities like special saver or quick respawn or to practice certain movements. And get rid of those big dummies with 500HP. They are useless because there is no equivalent in online battles.
24. Either allow players to play ranked matches during Splatfest or, which would be way better, expand the Splatfest to ranked so that you only battle the other Splatfest team in ranked matches and win points for your Splatfest team.
25. Global Splatfests. This is a global game, the online communities are global and it's just silly that they reduce the player base with regional ones, because sometimes (during night especially) it can take a long time until you find enough players (or it's always the same players). Also, I think it's silly that the regional Splatfests occur at different dates, if they are not united in a global Splatfest, they should at least overlap as much as possible.
I think a bow would be an interesting idea. I could see it possibly having a somewhat short charge time, but you would have to lob your shots to reach farther.

With super jumping you have to assess the situation before you jump, if you see ink/some enemies near your teammate then it probably isn't safe to jump. Sometimes it is best to just swim to them instead. It's kind of a risk vs. reward system. If you make it to your teammate safely then you saved the time having to swim there and can help out right away, if you get splatter when you land then it will take even longer to get there again.

Moving and possibly shooting targets would be a welcome addition to the shooting range and it would be really helpful for learning some other weapons.

I'm a little unsure about ranked splatfests, I kind of feel like they are supposed to be about inking your colour as much as possible in a turf war rather than focusing on a certain area or objective in the match. Plus I think there could be a large difference in ranked splatfests in the win percentage.

I don't mind regional splatfests, but I would love a worldwide one sometime. It would be interesting to see the total popularity for both teams and also for each region. I thought that the Pokémon one might have been something like that at first (I think Green could have been with Blue).

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
I think a bow would be an interesting idea. I could see it possibly having a somewhat short charge time, but you would have to lob your shots to reach farther.

With super jumping you have to assess the situation before you jump, if you see ink/some enemies near your teammate then it probably isn't safe to jump. Sometimes it is best to just swim to them instead. It's kind of a risk vs. reward system. If you make it to your teammate safely then you saved the time having to swim there and can help out right away, if you get splatter when you land then it will take even longer to get there again.

Moving and possibly shooting targets would be a welcome addition to the shooting range and it would be really helpful for learning some other weapons.

I'm a little unsure about ranked splatfests, I kind of feel like they are supposed to be about inking your colour as much as possible in a turf war rather than focusing on a certain area or objective in the match. Plus I think there could be a large difference in ranked splatfests in the win percentage.

I don't mind regional splatfests, but I would love a worldwide one sometime. It would be interesting to see the total popularity for both teams and also for each region. I thought that the Pokémon one might have been something like that at first (I think Green could have been with Blue).
yeah but doing the pokemon together or seperate wouldn't change the winner?:

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
yeah but doing the pokemon together or seperate wouldn't change the winner?:
In the end that one was a total sweep for blue/green, but it isn't always like that. I believe that the NA cats vs dogs ended with dogs as the winner while in Europe Cats won that one.
Also I'm kind of thinking of conquest from Smash 4 where they show which character(s) won overall worldwide as well as in different regions.
Maybe they could even give regional winners a little bonus in super sea snails too.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
In the end that one was a total sweep for blue/green, but it isn't always like that. I believe that the NA cats vs dogs ended with dogs as the winner while in Europe Cats won that one.
Also I'm kind of thinking of conquest from Smash 4 where they show which character(s) won overall worldwide as well as in different regions.
Maybe they could even give regional winners a little bonus in super sea snails too.
that does not count, eu just stole NA ideas cuz they have none like the pizza thing and ninjas vs, something? XD
but ya they could have ww splat fests more and actually show the results but with magical editing I did it my own XD

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
With super jumping you have to assess the situation before you jump, if you see ink/some enemies near your teammate then it probably isn't safe to jump.
Well while I got a lot better at assessing the situation and prevent several deaths by not jumping or only jumping to the right player (usually the sniper because he's most likely to stand in a position with some cover). But still, often I see that there are no ink changes in the area and I jump, but while I'm jumping I see that enemy ink is spread on the map or the main screen and when I'm landing it's already fully covered in enemy ink. Or an inkstrike/killer wail launches while I'm already jumping. You can't foresee these things and not even Stealth Jump can fix this problem.
So while I agree about risk and reward, I don't think it's really balanced right now.

Oh also, another addition regarding the gear:

31. Saving specific sets. I have some sets of gear that go well with some specific weapon. It would be cool to save weapon + gear as a set (maybe even naming it), especially since the gear menu is the opposite of clearly arranged and it gets rather messy to equip the desired piece of gear quickly when you have almost all of the gear. And that brings me to another point:
32. List view for gear and also filtering your gear by special, brand and rarity/stars. Also it would be nice to see the amount of p for each piece of gear, similar to the weapons.

Last edited:

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
Oh, I didn't see that post! Just a couple of comments on that:
20. Also get rid of "come'on" like 70% of English players do not know how use it.
28. There is a reason for this but S rank is a special class, S- really does not exist. (Unlike A- etc they are real) All you can do to add ranks is remove S+ and add in SS and SSS.
30. They did advertise a lot, smash, mk8 and splatoon got a lot of attention.
20. Well I feel like the NoA localisation team is to blame. In Europe it says "to me" which is hard to misunderstand. However, "come on" can be interpreted in multiple ways and was really a poor translation choice. I find the "to me" command pretty useful, if only all the players would follow it (I guess they're probably from the US ;)).
28. Well actually I read a lot of complaints about the inconsistency of quality among S players (and I have experienced it myself). Some S players are hardly on par with a A/A+ person or sometimes even worse than that. Meanwhile, other S players play definitely better but still not as good as an S+ player. I also think it might have to do with S players not losing rank points in squads. Splatoon is not about reaching a specific rank but about keeping it. That's the hard part. So there are probably some S players that would lose their rank under normal circumstances but instead only play in squads to keep their rank.
One could think about getting rid of that rule altogether, I would understand if S+ players would still get this benefit though because you can't reach any higher than that
30. Well here in Germany (Europe?) you don't see a single ad anywhere, not on billboards, not on TV, not online. Many people don't even know what a Wii U is despite it having sold more units than the XB1.

Also agree on the built-in ethernet port for the next console.

On a sidenote: Is there no way to delete your posts on squidboards? I hate doubleposting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom