• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2?

Purplesarus

Inkling
NNID
triminun
i hope that it gets future titles in general because everyday i wish that we could also get new kid icarus

but i dont want it milked like mario

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Guessing they wouldn't do another till the next console release, since you can always update the original. I honestly don't want many major overhauls, but I would always like more modes, maps, music, weapons, gear, etc. but still keep most of the old stuff in some form (I wouldn't mind buffs or nerfs.) Minor additions that add to the game and it's convenient like changing clothes in lobbies, changing main abilities, or a longer story mode would be greatly appreciated. Also would love the ability to transfer gear/cash from the original.

SP3CT3R

Full Squid
What if they added hairstyles that resembled different aquatic creatures except you actually can turn into that creature instead of a squid and have a different ability than swimming in ink really fast

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
i hope that it gets future titles in general because everyday i wish that we could also get new kid icarus

but i dont want it milked like mario
Mario is Nintendo's face franchise; Splatoon's not going to get milked THAT much, although spin-offs WOULD be cool and interesting.

What if they added hairstyles that resembled different aquatic creatures except you actually can turn into that creature instead of a squid and have a different ability than swimming in ink really fast
Clothes already modify abilities, and they'd likely be new species outright instead of Inklings (like Octolings), but with no gameplay differences between species. I'd rather just have normal new Inkling hairstyles that are purely cosmetic.

Aerotop

Inkling
I'd imagine a new gameplay mechanic would be added, rather than just adding more features that layer on top of what's already been built. Also, it'll probably be an NX game, and it might make use of the new mechanic in the NX console itself (if it does have one).

dukevin

Senior Squid
NNID
dukevin
One thing I'd LOVE to see and hope happens is the ability to trade or sell gear to others.

This would give value to the worthless coins, stimulate more people to play to get good gear to trade/sell, and overall just make the game more addicting. Online forums would flourish with requests for certain items and such. And it would be easier to find gear that you want. This would also make splatoon a much more social experience without the need for chatting of any kind.

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
1. Player presses X to order gear.
2. A list of players(name, with Inkling image(Already demonstrated in-game with inkling portraits)) within X meters is calculated console-side. This only needs to happen when the list is created, no updating when people leave/enter the radius.
3. Player selects the player they want a piece from.
4. Player selects the outfit piece they desire.

The lack of inter-player collision still doesn't make these things particularly complex.
I still think seeing people run around in real time is a good idea in any way whatsoever. It seems kinda cool when you think about it, but then when it's actually applied you'll be like "Why did I ever want this? Why will they not stop? Save me from this evil!"

Phobos

Inkling Commander
And there would be 100s of people perpetually squid-kidding - no thanks.

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
Stuff that should've already been in the first game:
1. Voice chat.
2. A Rank system that doesn't punish you for having a bad internet connection.
3. Better gorramn servers already for Christ's sake get on that Nintendo.

Stuff that's totally sequel material:
1. Playable Octolings.
2. Different hairstyles.
3. New gameplay features made possible only through the next console.
4. Moar Single-Player Campaign.

Stuff that's not gonna happen:
A side-quest where you build a relationship with Annie, similar to the side-quest with Peatrice (the Item Check clerk) from Skyward Sword.

Also, what if, instead of clothes being randomly picked for availability each day, they're all available from the start, but they're crazy expensive and instead are randomly picked to go on sale each day. Think like how it is now, but in addition to the clothes you can buy at their current prices, you can also buy the rest of the clothes at extremely marked-up prices. I don't actually know if this'd be a good idea or not, just kinda throwing it out there.

Also, also... To the people who aren't ready to talk Spla2n just yet, it may come sooner than you think. Nintendo's probably going to want it as an early release title for their next home console (whether that's the NX or not). The only alternative I can think of is if Splatoon gets a big console exclusive update and we get Splatoon 1.5 before Spla2n.

Actually, there's a thought: What if the next home console is backwards compatible, and instead of immediately coming out with a sequel to Splatoon, there's a big patch that adds all these features to Splatoon that are only possible through the new console? Do you think Nintendo would do this, and if they did, would you be upset, pleased, or hungry?

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Stuff that should've already been in the first game:
1. Voice chat.
Oh no
Judging by the existence of r/Saltoon and the amount of people weeping over rollers and chargers this game will never be ready for voice chat, ever

(Besides you can work-around it by playing Squads and use Skype calls if you really need your voice chat)

Stickers on your weapon would be hype
#stickerhype
Oh man, this gives me flashbacks to F-Zero GX where you could make your own vehicle out of collected parts and slap stickers on it. Having something like that but with weapons on this game would be great.

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
Oh no
Judging by the existence of r/Saltoon and the amount of people weeping over rollers and chargers this game will never be ready for voice chat, ever

(Besides you can work-around it by playing Squads and use Skype calls if you really need your voice chat)
Don't talk to me.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I'd like a more open world game where we can explore more than one city in the squid world. And each city would have a specific arena with several maps as well as the option for the global matches.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
First off, it better be called "Splatoon: The Inkquel". Okay, maybe not.

I'd love to have more multiplayer options, splitscreen online and local battles would be nice. The Octolings and their AI have shown us that bots could work well. A co-op campaign mode would also be amazing!

More communication options would be nice as well, maybe not voice chat, but more d-pad phrases would be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom