• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2?

Alus

Senior Squid
NNID
starsauce
With most randoms you won't be using voice chat effectively anyway. I'd rather not have to mute everyone every game.

However private room voice chat would be great. There is no point to not have it.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
While I agree that voice chat in private rooms would be a nice option, I suspect one of the reasons that we don't have it is that the hardware isn't good enough to implement it very effectively. At least with MK8, I find the delay on the line in private lobbies is such that it's very difficult to have an ordinary flowing conversation, plus the mic can be pretty awkward, and picks up a lot of unwanted noise. So I suspect that even if voice chat was a native option, people would still use alternatives like skype since it offers a much better service than Nintendo seem able to do with their hardware.

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
While I agree that voice chat in private rooms would be a nice option, I suspect one of the reasons that we don't have it is that the hardware isn't good enough to implement it very effectively. At least with MK8, I find the delay on the line in private lobbies is such that it's very difficult to have an ordinary flowing conversation, plus the mic can be pretty awkward, and picks up a lot of unwanted noise. So I suspect that even if voice chat was a native option, people would still use alternatives like skype since it offers a much better service than Nintendo seem able to do with their hardware.
You're assuming they can't learn from their mistakes and make hardware more suited towards voice chat. It's pointless to bring up the Wii U's capabilities, there's no chance Spla2n will be out so soon it'll release on Wii U.

TacoOfDestruction

Pro Squid
NNID
JD1973
This wouldn't ever happen but i want it so much; an MMO type sever where all the players are contantly fighting a turf war on a big open world map.

UnnecessaryTodd

Full Squid
NNID
UnnecessaryTodd
I think there could be a lot of little optimizations, and a few new things to spice up gameplay and that would be enough. It's all things that could be included in Splatoon in regular updates though so it'd be more about the quantity of these updates rather than anything specifically but here are things I would think they would throw into a sequel:

Allow multiple saved Gear/Weapon loadouts to switch in-between matches.
A "For Fun" lobby for the ranked modes.
Completely new weapon styles with their own specific sub/specials. e.g a Hose weapon that instead of having a sub-weapon, the sub allows you to change between styles of shooting with the hose such as short range spray (like if you had your thumb over the nozzle of a hose) or long-range stream. Would function more like a beam weapon. The special could be a giant inkzooka like stream that lasts a few seconds except it's horizontal so it makes a huge wall of ink.
Actually online hub world where you can interact with other players, form temporary squads without needing to add to friendlist, trade/sell versions of gear etc.
Expanded solo campaign which features actual multiplayer modes against AI among the unique challenges from the multiplayer like invisible walls and random enemies.

And of course a slew of new maps, modes, gear and weapon loadouts. Some new types of subs and specials wouldn't go amiss either but honestly the balance they have right now is great and I think they are nailing it.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
It needs to be called Splatwon.

That's the only thing I care about tbh.

But really: more crazy weapons and more crazy movement options is always nice. Not broken, just hilarious and fast and fun. I want a stamp on a stick that I can slam down and use to pole vault all over the place, for eample, Fun stuff like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom