• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

[Splatoon 3] Patch 6.1.0

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901

Don't have much to comment on as I don't see anything getting shaken up too much. Wonder how good the Wavebreaker change will be though.
Plus, here are some fixes to some mistranslations I noticed.

Squeezer
Increased ink consumption of the initial shot by 9%

Ink Storm

Will now regenerate health of you and your teammates while in the storm even when not submerged in ink.
(Edit: Looks like Nintendo has updated the page to remove the mistranslations)

Last edited:

briank913

Pro Squid
NNID
briank913
Switch Friend Code
SW-0159-0074-0919
How does Nintendo nerf every Cooler weapon except Pencil??? Why do they keep nerfing Stamper??? 🙄🙄🙄

Wave Breaker buff is interesting though.

Ink Storm buff is interesting to say the least but Blobs are gonna be much more annoying now to deal with.

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
I'm glad the Splattershot finally got its special points reverted back to 200. Zap buff from 28 to 30 is weird, but at least it's still a 4 shot. It's insane how the Ballpoint has gotten nothing but nerfs and still continued to dominate the meta to necessitate another one. I'm glad its accuracy at long range got toned back. It's been dominating the meta since it was introduced in the last game and it needed to be toned back. In addition, the Stamper and Squeezer nerfs show they're finally trying to do something in the upper echelons of the top tiers which is encouraging.

Cephalobro

Yeah, I kind of don't like the Ink Storm buff either. It was already annoying enough when an enemy Ink Storm prevented you from recovering ink in tight situations when you had no other choice and now it will heal the team that released it when the Ink Storm itself was already good, especially for Splat Zones.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Almost all of these changes are good, save for one slightly confusing one and one that's not really a problem but I dislike it on principle. But as always there's an elephant in the room with what they don't change.

Big Ws:
  • Shot 200p. I still wish they'd do something about Zooka itself, please all I'm asking for is a little bit of startup to lessen the jumpscare factor. But I'll happily take this, it's something.
  • Roller buffs, Brella buffs. Sorely needed.
  • Forge 200p. Should've been that from the start, I dunno why Nintendo was so afraid of this one.
  • Reasonably small nerfs to Ballpoint, Squeezer, and Stamper. Just a slap on the wrist, and that's fair, they didn't need any more than that.
  • Wave Breaker buff. Interesting idea to give it an instant locate, I think I like that.
Any buff is good but I don't know what to make of this:
  • Ink Storm. Splatoon is a very fast TTK game, so healing is unlikely to save you in a fight. Unless the healing is very fast, all but the slowest weapons will probably still kill in the same number of hits. And of course any one shot is unaffected. It'll seem to help against single hits of chip damage that don't get followed up on, but if they're not following up then you were probably okay anyway. I think the only real use case here is winning a fight and then recovering before another opponent can try to trade you back. Which is not nothing! But I'll really need to see it in action, because my theorycrafting could be wrong.
Okay but why:
  • Zap damage buff? The 200p nerf outweighs this buff, I don't think this is going to be a serious problem, but I just don't know why they did this at all.
  • NSploosh and Luna 170p. IMO no weapon should ever be 170p. If the weapon is so bad that they're considering that type of buff, consider buffing literally any other attribute instead.
You almost fixed it but...:
  • Zap, Tri-N, Edit +10p each. Good, yes, thank you!!! But aren't you forgetting something? We're going to be seeing a TON more Pencil to fill the void left here. And no other backliners got substantial buffs either, which is pretty frustrating to me.

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
I'm not sure I agree with this Zap buff, but I do have a theory. It's still a 4 shot but now there's a reason to pick it over the Splash. Before this patch they had the exact same fire rate and damage, with the only differences being Splash had a huge advantage in accuracy at the cost of less range. Now there's more difference between the short range shooters like Shot, Zap and Splash. Splash retains its perfect accuracy, but now it's at a slight disadvantage in both range and power compared to both the Zap and Splattershot.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
The reason to pick it over Splash was Cooler. Splash is the more aggressive slayer, Zap plays support.

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
The reason to pick it over Splash was Cooler. Splash is the more aggressive slayer, Zap plays support.
That may be true about the '85 version, but you forgot about the '89. Having 2 more damage and more range now allows the Zap to be more aggressive and actually combo off of Super Chump. On top of that the '85 just got its points for special nerfed, so maybe they're trying to encourage people to use the alternate kit more. The '89 not only has a more aggressive kit with the Super Chump helping out in pushes, but it also has a cheaper sub that actually tracks unlike the vanilla.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
89 won't be good until Chumps are good. This is not what's going to help it, trust me when I say it still will not see use in top-level play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom