Splatoon 3 Side Order is just around the corner...

Pick

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7056-3856-3502
more focus on multiplayer content afterwards
hoping for it to be an enjoyable speedrun - most of the things that made the regular s3 campaign interesting/fun to speedrun (surge rolls) got patched out in updates. looks like its gonna be pretty different from anything we've seen before so could really go either way

1O7JR

Inkster Jr.
I haven't played any of S3's single player campaign, so story-wise it has to be real riveting if it does tie back to it. Which I think it might be considering how much I happened to enjoy Octo Expansion (what little I did play, anyways). As it is I don't know anything about what's going to happen (I know they posted something recently in regards to it), so it'll be a surprise. I do hope there will be a lot of rewards usable in multiplayer, like gear/ banners/ locker stuff/ badges/ maybe even titles. I only think this way because I don't know if the DLC will blow my mind enough to forgive a lack of rewards (if there is a lack of it).

My main "NO" for this DLC is if we get another charger-on-rails type level. My god. I was about to go over the edge at the 2 hour mark of attempting it in OE. Then again, I do believe I chose the bamboozler for that one...

rolodabo

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3963-6436-1306
i'm looking forward to how the gameplay will differ from previous story modes (the roguelike potential has me particularly excited), plus getting to see off the hook + agent 8 again will be really cool. also just. learning what's going on lore-wise is gonna be great

McJamie

Inkling
I like roguelikes. I like that there will be a way to infinitely play this game without teammates.

freeform_yhg

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4912-8484-3798
I think Splatoon 2 was the single most influential game to the community even if it isn't looked at as the best and I hope having a new story mode based on it will bring some more appreciation for the game that made our community grow by the millions.

Bits

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2573-6331-5817
I'm really hoping the side order stamper is useable in pvp because it looks cool and I want three 5 star stamper badges (Still working on Nstamp but we get there) also I just LOVE roguelikes, I put like 100 hours into ror2 in the first month I got it.

guster-animations

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/them
the music seems really good, and hopefully the roguelike gameplay will be well balanced
of course my biggest wish is nonbinary acht but i can only dream so much about that
(im having flashbacks from posting on forums abt similar topics as a kid oh dear)

I'm desperate for them to bring back Inkopolis Square, I hope it's an unlock like Inkopolis Plaza when you beat Side Order.

luki

Inkling
The idea of a splatoon campaign with rouguelite elements is extremely appealing and I do have high hopes for it.

Also all the new music that's inevitably going to grace our earbuds!

Norilla

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1594-5651-4610
Mostly looking forward to just playing it; the rouge-like gameplay looks pretty fun. Would be neat if they had re-skins of already existing weapons, similar to the Hero Weapons in Splatoon 1/2, since we only got one for the Splattershot in 1... Probably just going an Octoshot TTek, but still hopeful.

Linneus

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Linneus
Switch Friend Code
SW-4891-1092-0917
All right, crazy specific thing, but...
Sometimes I like to use Alterna levels for aim drills and warm-ups since there are enemies who move around and it's not just "get a feel for the training dummies", but...

a. I'm VERY limited on what stages I can play if I want to use a particular weapon, and
b. The enemies are not always fast or enemies that move at all!

So if Side Order's got a lot of weapon freedom and some new enemy types, I think I could have some VERY fun warm-up sessions long after I've beaten the main playthrough. (And also if they say "yeah you can use any weapon in this game", I'll just... BE playing it over and over.)

Last edited:

fukagamine

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2565-3900-9120
Agent 4 is obvious, but I liked the idea of them using the modded Rainmaker (like from the challenges) as a weapon since they use the Rainmaker during the splat 2 story mode, it would also be a super cool way to tie in the challenge features to other things

lucassaur0

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2099-7367-0992
i hope that despite it being made to be replayable, the story is actually interesting.
i also REALLY do not want tartar to come back as the main threat, it would be so incredibly lame.
i hope we get harder, remixed versions of s1 and s2 bosses (especially octostomp of course)and i think this might happen because of what seems to be the octowhirl in the new poster
and last of all, i just want to see off the hook again 😭

JishTheFish

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0916-3665-4202
Roguelikes/roguelites are the most consistently fun genre for me (assuming it is a roguelite), so just the idea of another replayable mode in splatoon that's OFFLINE has me really hyped up! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom