• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 3

Stardust

Semi-Pro Squid
That sounds like a pretty interesting concept @pio_dov, I'd imagine cuttlefish DLC could introduce some new lore and worldbuilding which I'd absolutely love!

I highly doubt humans will be playable, I mean, they're extinct in the Splatoon world. The reason for the Eiffel Tower being there is because statues and structures of that nature are supposedly meant to last a very long time, no idea why it's upside down though.

Cephalobro

Another aspect that I'll miss if it's not in the game: the Octarians. I don't want them as enemies anymore, but as "pets" as the fan calls the companion concept. Sure, Octolings will still be playable, but the concept of tentacle monsters also on the surface is something I wanted to see in Splatoon.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Honestly I am curious how the pets will work in game
Will they be able to assist, do they have a special ability or special?
Do they give stats increase like gear depending on how you build them?
Will they get their own gear cuz I need to style my little buddy!!!

Also I wonder will the opening of the game be the adventure/ story mode it gives off alot of the same vibes as the octo expansion, and if a salmon run type mode will return cuz (I did enjoy it but it did stale from for me due to the lack of updates to the maps, modes and enemies)

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
I will admit tough it is tough it is good that they are taking their time Splatoon 2 got many complaints early on of simply being a Splatoon 1.5 til updates started picking up
This will give the game a promise start and possibly expand the initial weapon roster (Spaltoon 2 again pretty barren day 1)
Plus on top of that designing a game in covid life is risky if rushed....I mean just look how many complaints Avengers game had after release so waiting a year is ok for me
Splatoon 3 would've had a long development cycle already if it weren't for Animal Crossing, and I'd rather buy the same game multiple times to have splatfests than have a stagnant community. I'd be fine with Nintendo milking this franchise dry, even if I got the same game with a different set of maps and an excuse to charge me for events. Even a port of Splatoon 1 to switch would be nice, it would leave me with no reasons to buy a WiiU.

It looked like that too me the styles definitely look masculine/feminine
It's what older games would refer to as "gender". I'm happy that Nintendo stepped up and is more inclusive these days, the quality of English localization is probably the only good thing I have to say about ACNH, it's definitely better than the dark ages of Tomodachi LIfe.

I don't think playable salmon will happen anytime soon (though it is possible, since that one guy in High Tide Era is a fish-ling thingy), but a cool DLC might be a Cuttlefish thing where something happens in a Cuttlefish village and they all head to Inkopolis or Splatsville, but one Cuttlefish had xyz happen to them along the way, and you play as them.

Playable humans would be cool for a later game, but not quite Splatoon 3. I mean, the Eiffel tower's shown, so that more human stuff.
I don't see that happening, unless they try to pull off another Judd Jr., and then you'd probably have a single human character, but I doubt land is inhabitable to people considering that humanity was wiped by a flood caused by global warming.

Vernaltick

Full Squid
It's what older games would refer to as "gender". I'm happy that Nintendo stepped up and is more inclusive these days, the quality of English localization is probably the only good thing I have to say about ACNH, it's definitely better than the dark ages of Tomodachi LIfe.

I still don't think they would add gay marriage to tomodachi life. That's why sadly tomodachi life 2 will never come out. Japan is more conservative then America, and they hold onto traditions much longer. They also don't want to offend their main demographic, families.

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
I still don't think they would add gay marriage to tomodachi life. That's why sadly tomodachi life 2 will never come out. Japan is more conservative then America, and they hold onto traditions much longer. They also don't want to offend their main demographic, families.
Just look at ACNH then, the English localization intentionally uses the term "style" and addresses the player with they/them pronouns, which should be a standard. Also, changes can be made while localizing a game, so it wouldn't be that out there to have them to adjust things for other markets.

Also, Tomodachi Collection: New Life had a glitch that allowed to make gay couples, all it would've taken to not cause drama would be making it work without any exploits. Features get added and removed for different regions, consider how Korean releases of games remove gambling to avoid the highest age rating possible for just that.

Cephalobro

Are there any other shops shown in the trailer? Also, I hope the lobby isn't cramped if that's what the trailer shows.

pio_dov

Pro Squid
There's what I think is a pig's head on one side of the neighborhood? Also, an idea I got for better communication in-game is a microphone that turns noises into written words and censor anything inappropriate. That way there can almost be voice chat but friendly for little kids.

Cephalobro

Maybe a petshop could be added or a "hiring" companion shop instead. Might make more sense in terms of what Splatsville is going for: a place in which you can't trust anybody except yourself and a close friend when going through a city.

Cephalobro

Also, I want to bring up the possibility of each pet having a different "final stage" depending on the circumstance. Like the Smallfry can become a Chum and then a Cohock or alternatively a Goldie after the Chum stage.

Cephalobro

Also bringing up the possibility that pets that have different final stages can be bought as much as the number of stages in general. Like a Smallfry can stay as a Smallfry if you want to while another Smallfry develops into a Steelhead.

After all, in a chaotic city, a Steelhead can be a great bodyguard due to the immunity against most main weapons thanks to its scales.

Vernaltick

Full Squid
Just look at ACNH then, the English localization intentionally uses the term "style" and addresses the player with they/them pronouns, which should be a standard. Also, changes can be made while localizing a game, so it wouldn't be that out there to have them to adjust things for other markets.

Also, Tomodachi Collection: New Life had a glitch that allowed to make gay couples, all it would've taken to not cause drama would be making it work without any exploits. Features get added and removed for different regions, consider how Korean releases of games remove gambling to avoid the highest age rating possible for just that.
They literally just changed that for America, so they clearly don't really care. They removed that glitch so that kinda shows their stance on that.

Cephalobro

Aside from Salmonid pets, I would like to have Octarian pets as well. It was always a dream of mine to walk in the lobby with an Octotrooper by my side. An orderly buddy by your side in a city of chaos would help stop you from being involved in conflicts outside of Turf Wars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom