• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon chill Season Update

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233

So there is gonna be alot of news season as splatoon goes on so I though we would start here witht he second drop and (hopefully post new updates and analysis as they come out

But with the 2nd season of splatoon we had a whole bunch revealed and curious as to what you guys think of the new season update

Last edited:

Cephalobro

I'm glad that they are finally going to follow up on their promise of Big Run, though, I wish they would've shown more than just new pieces of gear, a new and returning stage.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I mean they did already show alot
They show 3 new weapons

-New shooter
Interesting design it reminds me of the splattershor pro, but its design seem to be very very different, it seems to have a higher painting output, and quicker dropoff but idk what new mechanic or gimmick it is bringing all of these though seem to have one so lmk

-Wide Roller
This is very interesting it seem to copy the inital idea of the dynamo's wide size but with regular running speed, I wonder if since it has such a wide painting radius there is gonna be some offset with the flicks to balance it or else this gonna have an eliter ranged vertical flick....and I don't know if I can handle that o_O

-Semi auto sniper (the eraser)
A charger that holds its charge then fires tap shot like a squeezer? I actually like this is concept a bamboozler like charger that with that safe of the 5 storable shots, I am curious if it will also be able to do a regular charger fire (almost like a ballpoint) or if the center is just an idicator more than anything else

With this we can probably confirm there will likely be new weapons for each class being added (so we may get new buckets, splatlings, brellas, dualies, blasters, and potentially brushes) likely these will be added in later seasons which I do not mind since it will give us something fresh to look foward to

*Likely though we are gonna see new splatanas and stringers as well but all new weapons usually have 3 new starting variants so the new spaltana and tri stringer might launch this patch as well

Also the return of the
tentatek splattershot
kensa luna
and Idk if that is supposed to be the kensa mini splatling
Which mean we will be getting alts back for the remaining weapons as well, though they might come in bite size drops throughout each returning season to balance and shift meta,

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Well, if they have confirmed that the Tentatek Splattershot will return, then that's good news, since that will pave the way for the Octo Shot Replica's eventual return as well.

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
I'm pretty excited seeing the new stuff for the season. I have a feeling I'm seriously gonna hate fighting the new charger and all but it definitely is gonna be something fresh, huh?
As far as the new stage, I seriously hope it's really not that small and there will be some form of flanking path.
Flounder Heights... I don't have high hopes on. Seeing how Splatoon3 keeps changing up old levels and making them smaller and less gimmicky rubs me the wrong way. I HOPE it's a stage I'll still enjoy to play on as it brings back fantastic memories but seeing how they killed Mahi Mahi, I don't have high hopes.

Oh well, I at least have Big Run to be excited for! I hope they add more things in the Salmon Run shop too!!

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901
I guess I could say chill season looks pretty, how you say, cool?

Enough of bad puns and more of my thoughts.

Regarding the new weapons, they all look pretty cool. Nice to see that we'll be getting new weapons to already existing classes as that was something lacking in the launch of splat3. For my opinion on them? Well they look nice. The Splattershot nova kinda sounds like a long range splash-o-matic with low damage and high accuracy. Not crazy about it's kit with point sensor and killer wail. For the roller it looks to have a painting focus? Well it was just a few seconds with it so whatever we'll get some deetz later. The most interesting weapon to me is the charger. Charge it up and get five rounds to shoot. It also only needs 2 shots to splat meaning you can splat 2 players with this and have a round to spare. The idea of charging up a "clip" is such neat idea. It's pretty much a rifle in splatoon form. I just wonder how partial charges work or if it has the ability to hold a charge.

Also returning, alternate weapon kits! No way, who could have predicted that.

For weapons with fully known kits. Forge pro looks good. Suction; Booyah Bomb what's not to like? Yes it's similar to kensa pro's kit but that is a good thing. And remember there is no MPU in this title. The Zink mini get quite the glow up with that snazzy white and blue exterior. And lo and behold it's got toxic mist and big bubbler. Not going to be splat1 zimi, but hey it might be better than what we have now at least.

For half known kits we have Tentatek with Splat bomb, Dapples Nouveau with Torpedo, and Luna Neo with Fizzy. Also ttek is rocking a full sticker on the side again and Luna neo has a more of a dark metallic look to it. All in all solid stuff. I'm hoping Ttek gets triple inkstrike because wasabi.

The new map Brinewater Spring looks great. I can always appreciate a stage with a sunset in the background. Flounder heights looks okay? Maybe? It seems like it's been squished down and removed a flank route by the ends of mid. At least it still looks like flounder though so I guess it's got that going for it.

Also X Battles return, new catalog and gear, and Big Run is shown off a bit more. I think those speak for themselves as I don't have much to say about that.

tearstained--

Inkling
I did enjoy the trailer, and I do like the first stage shown off - that Chinese inspired one. I am glad Flounder Heights is back, I've played the original Splatoon for as long as I can remember so it's nice to relive those memories. As for the weapons, I think they all look cool, particularly the roller and the new charger. I'm not sure how OP the roller will be because right now it doesn't seem to have a primary weakness. I'm ok with the kit changes, but I do wish the Mini Splatting had crab tank. Wait...does it already have crab tank? I can't remember 😅

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom