• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon Corocoro manga, issues 2-4 translated!

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
(first of all, not sure if this is the right place to post this! sorry if it isn't!)

hiya, i'm cuttle, and if you haven't been around on twitter / reddit / tumblr , or just haven't seen it, i translate the Splatoon Corocoro manga ! i figured i should post them here, just incase anyone hasn't got a hold of them yet :>

do keep in mind i'm a hobbyist, i've studied Japanese for a long time but never professionally, so there might be some mistakes (particularly in issue 1, when i was getting ahold on Splatoon's funky brand of Japanese). but i hope you enjoy them regardless!

Last edited:

Cuttlefish

NNID
tokkers

Cuttlefish

NNID
tokkers
ISSUE 5 HAS BEEN RELEASED!

I am translating it today, you can expect the link here later ! (or you can go to my twitter for live translating and Fun Times wink wink nudge nudge)

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
Thank you so much for translating!!! Really great.
Would love it if you could teach me some Japanese sometime...

Cuttlefish

NNID
tokkers
Thank you so much for translating!!! Really great.
Would love it if you could teach me some Japanese sometime...
you're welcome !
and I wish I could, but I'm no teacher </3

by the way, issue 5 is about halfway done (link in op) but I had to stop due to vision problems! I'm getting it sorted out and hopefully I'll be back to translating asap. thank you!

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
you're welcome !
and I wish I could, but I'm no teacher </3

by the way, issue 5 is about halfway done (link in op) but I had to stop due to vision problems! I'm getting it sorted out and hopefully I'll be back to translating asap. thank you!
Are you okay? I noticed it's been a while since you updated and was concerned about your vision problems. :( I hope you're doing well and wish you all the best! <3

Cuttlefish

NNID
tokkers
Are you okay? I noticed it's been a while since you updated and was concerned about your vision problems. :( I hope you're doing well and wish you all the best! <3
I am! ;v; sorry for little updates, I've had a lot of responsibilities lately but I will be getting back to translating tomorrow ! thank you <3

EDIT: and now, issue 5 has been completed! there was a lot of obstacles this time around but we're finally here in the end ;v; hope you all enjoy it!

Last edited:

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
Hey, I found this on Know Your Meme, but I can't find it anywhere in the backlog of manga volumes. Any idea where it came from?

Cuttlefish

NNID
tokkers
Hey, I found this on Know Your Meme, but I can't find it anywhere in the backlog of manga volumes. Any idea where it came from?
it hasn't been in any of the officially released issues so far, but it MIGHT be from the one-shot that's coming with this month's Corocoro (the manga is usually in Corocoro special, a different bimonthly thing. this is in the main comic that comes every month)

I don't have it yet but hopefully should be getting to soon to translate :>

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
Cuttlefish, thank you so much for doing all of this. (I've already thanked you over excessively, haven't I) I just really appreciate it! You're too amazing! ( ´ ▽ ` )

Cuttlefish

NNID
tokkers
thank you, you too! i appreciate your comments very much.

anyway, i have finished the latest issue today (mask-kun issue). you can read it here; CLICK

also, as a sidenote, i have renumbered the issues. turns out the very very first issue (before splatoon was released) is canonically known as Issue #0. so i've renumbered the issues accordingly! this is issue 5 of the main series. hopefully it's not confusing.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Since the current translator has retired from future translation works of this, I think I should do a favor and leave this link here regarding the current translation status, as well as some scans that haven't posted here yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom