Splatoon Creepy/Disturbing Screams: Re-visited

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Many of you may know of the Splatoon creepy/disturbing noises that play after bosses in Hero Mode. Most people have forgotten about it, but I want to have a discussion going on about what those noises really are. Octarians Civilization falling apart? DJ Octavio losing his power? I found an amplified version so I want people to discuss these noises in depth
The amplified noises start at around 1:02. If this has already been discussed elsewhere, mods please remove this. Or move it somewhere else.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Oh man, I don't know if you heard this, but it's the most hilarious thing: Here.
Even Nintendo doesn't know what those noises are supposed to be! In real life, these sounds were probably thrown in by a rogue designer. Probably.

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
Octo Valley is deep underground, so I think that some of the sounds (like the train) are coming from... well, the surface. Some of those load moaning sounds, though? I'm not really sure. It sounds like maybe some sort of creaking, failing infrastructure or something. Maybe it's a boss moaning in pain.

I feel like we won't ever truly know. In the rush to finish the game, some cheeky designer or developer or someone else added these sounds for some reason, and were missed.

1o2

Inkling Cadet
inb4 Nintendo uses these sounds as a gateway to lead us to playable Octarians/Octolings.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I don't think it was a rogue designer, but that it's hard to remember every little part that goes into a game. Its just atmospheric sounds of being underground in domes that are falling apart. Some even argue they are sirens, but when you are in old structures they do groan and creek and shift a ton, especially if you are beneath a city.

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
Welp, since we have official word now, I guess they are not supposed to have any real meaning.
At least not in terms of lore.

I know people like to argue that they mean the extinction of the Octarian race or something like that.
But honestly, I think this is going too far.

(Then again, there still are people who actually believe that Giygas is a Fetus, so.... -_-; )

GumshoeJump

Inkling
NNID
GumshoeJump
Well in the defence of people thinking they mean the functional extinction of the Octarian civilisation, it is heavily implied in the sunken sea scrolls that the zapfishes were next to their last hope. And you can see their underground domes are in poor condition while playing through single player. It's not a bad conclusion at all! In fact it's the logical one.

But we do know now it was just a dev team member putting something in to mess with people, which I can appreciate.

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
It is true, that they had an Energy Crisis.
Tho personally, I do find it odd, that they were fine living from scrap for so many years.
And then suddenly, the Crisis came, seemingly out of nowhere.

I know this might be conspiracy: But maybe SOMEONE did something, intentionally or unintentionally, that drained all the energy in no time flat.
You be the judge!

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Sounds like the sounds of a city filtered through the Blade Runner soundtrack and a few layers of a bad trip.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
It is true, that they had an Energy Crisis.
Tho personally, I do find it odd, that they were fine living from scrap for so many years.
And then suddenly, the Crisis came, seemingly out of nowhere.

I know this might be conspiracy: But maybe SOMEONE did something, intentionally or unintentionally, that drained all the energy in no time flat.
You be the judge!
Well when you run out of resources things go downhill pretty quickly. Infrastructure also doesn't fall apart all at once but when things keep breaking down they begin to pile up.
I can see a few ways where the crisis came upon them fairly quick or they were waiting for an opportune time to steal the zapfish.

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
I'm pretty sure it's just the sound Father Squidmas makes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom