• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon Culture

Ookami Hajime

Inkster Jr.
Splatoon's culture is very interesting, isn't it?

Their style and their love of fashion as well as their dialect is all really well detailed. There's dancing and singing going on in the plaza, and everything about the Inkling race seems so cool.

CoopLan

Squid Streamer
NNID
LanceHS
I'm so glad there are games that look fantastic and/or cute but will also be games that I can get really into competitively. Nintendo does a great job with the art style of their games.

Ookami Hajime

Inkster Jr.
Inklings are pretty much the definition of cool, haha.

One of the biggest things that I love about this game is just how much personality it has. Definitely excited for launch.
It's true. The game has its own flair to it that makes it more unique than anything I've seen from Nintendo!

I found myself saying out loud, "Aw that's so cute I'm gonna vomit" multiple times during the stream. I like it.
Yes, the inklings are very adorable!

I'm so glad there are games that look fantastic and/or cute but will also be games that I can get really into competitively. Nintendo does a great job with the art style of their games.
I agree 100%!

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
They are very interesting. I'm not so sure we should be giving children all these weapons, though? :P

Ookami Hajime

Inkster Jr.
They are very interesting. I'm not so sure we should be giving children all these weapons, though? :p
Either way, it's adorable!
The direct actually confirmed that Inkling's are 14 years old

On a side note, do you think we should turn this thread into a more informational thread about Splatoon's culture at some point?

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
I'm interested in those sunken scrolls, what sort of dark and mysterious history do these inklings and octarians have?

CoopLan

Squid Streamer
NNID
LanceHS
On a side note, do you think we should turn this thread into a more informational thread about Splatoon's culture at some point?
I think that would be pretty difficult consider all we have to go off of is the Direct, and the info on that would run dry pretty quickly.

Ookami Hajime

Inkster Jr.
I think that would be pretty difficult consider all we have to go off of is the Direct, and the info on that would run dry pretty quickly.
Well, I'm saying this for after we all have the game in our clutches, haha.

grandpappy

You guys made me ink!
NNID
eyeplaybass
I'm interested in those sunken scrolls, what sort of dark and mysterious history do these inklings and octarians have?
Oh yeah! They've definitely got me interested in the single player campaign now. I will admit I just figured it wouldn't really get completed by me, but it actually looks really fun.

Ookami Hajime

Inkster Jr.
The single player looks very interesting to. A story, a history, and other factors that define the Inkling culture; it all looks amazing!

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
The inkling fashion is basically a mishmash of all the coolest, trendiest parts of Tokyo. If you search for pictures of Harajuku/Shibuya style, the results will be the same as the kind of stuff seen in Inkopolis Plaza (which is pretty much Shibuya Crossing). I think that style is the coolest in the world, which is one of the many reasons I love the look of this game.

Ookami Hajime

Inkster Jr.
The inkling fashion is basically a mishmash of all the coolest, trendiest parts of Tokyo. If you search for pictures of Harajuku/Shibuya style, the results will be the same as the kind of stuff seen in Inkopolis Plaza (which is pretty much Shibuya Crossing). I think that style is the coolest in the world, which is one of the many reasons I love the look of this game.
I can definitely see it. The style is definitely way cool; customization is going to be an extremely fun factor to this game

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
I love the aesthetic of it all, especially the blatant drug dealer Spyke

I like their little Squid language too

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
i love the culture in splatoon. i actually will look forward to inspecting people's styles after every game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom