• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon Culture

Ookami Hajime

Inkster Jr.
It's true! The style is great; I really hope the test fire will allow a choice of several pieces of clothing.

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
I really like shibuya style cultures in games it seems. Jet Set Radio was awesome, The World Ends With You was fantastic, and this game is shaping up to be pretty darn good as well.

Nico Nico Sleep

Pro Squid
This whole idea of inkling culture really makes me love the game on another level past gameplay. I've said this once and I'll say it again; gameplay is definitely the most important aspect of a game, but without a good aesthetic or style, the game will become stale quicker. Perhaps it's because I'm just a huge ****ing weeb, bur for some reason I'm in love with any aesthetic which portrays urban parts of Japan like Akiba or Shibuya, EVEN IF all the dudes look like chicks.

Lozjam

Inkster Jr.
I think this culture is frankly amazing. I love how in the direct, they even state why the shop owners are the way they are, and why the inklings love them. I also love that the multiplayer music is sung by Callie and Marie, and that's the way everything is. In single player, it also seems the octarians have their own superstar that sings the vocal tracks as well.
I love that the attention to detail is so great, that we can look at their culture as their own entity. I just find it amazing....
Though I do wonder about one thing.... Besides the shop owners and the like, where are the inkling's parents? Is Inkopolis a teen only zone whilst the parents stay at home?
I think however, that this will all be explained in Single Player's Sunken Scrolls.... Or at least... I hope...

Burgundy Blade

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SuperSableye24
Didn't the Direct say that the Inklings were created in a lab? I think their parents are ordinary or slightly modified Squids, since they spend the first 14 years of their lives as regular squiddies.

ecaflip

Inkster Jr.
NNID
None
I really like the urban culture mishmatch that splatoon has.

DE235

Full Squid
NNID
Decrosis
I would like to have an animated series since they put so much effort into the world.

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
Didn't the Direct say that the Inklings were created in a lab? I think their parents are ordinary or slightly modified Squids, since they spend the first 14 years of their lives as regular squiddies.
No, it didn't say they were created in a lab. The Squid Research Lab discovered the Inklings and started studying them (this was the theme of the Tumblr account) and the Direct was the team showing their findings.

JbrockPony

Inkling
NNID
JbrockPony
The game screams Jet Set Radio. I love the style so much and it's crazy how much effort the developers have put into creating this squid world for the game.
Right? Now only if Splatoon x JSR was a thing...

JbrockPony

Inkling
NNID
JbrockPony
I feel like inkling culutre would be a great basis to do cross platform culture from other game series. I've seen some mentions on Jet Set Radio but I dont know if anyone brought up Mario Sunshine with a urban Isle delfino. Splatoon in general seems like a squid infested Akihibara. Maybe one day the real Akihibara will be full of Splatoon advertisements ^.^

<π.

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LessThanPiArt
Can't wait to dive into the game! Planning so much fan ink... I mean art.

The designers have done an amazing job of making us feel like a part of a world; a culture to exist in. We are going get so attached to the not just the game but the world it texists in. We'll be playing this game for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom