• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon Gear Update 2.6.0 with Correct Translations

Which buffed ability are you most looking forward to?

• Comeback

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Opening Gambit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Last-Ditch Effort

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Haunt

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Recon

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Bomb Sniffer

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • Tenacity

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Special Duration Up

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Ink Saver Sub

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Ink Recovery Up

• Ink Saver Main

• Total voters

Quilavaflare

Senior Squid
NNID
Quilavaflare
I'm really excited for Recon. I've thought about running a set around it for squad matches several times, but it was just never practical. My actual thoughts on Recon were: "If it would just last a few seconds after you leave spawn, it would be so much better..." So to me this is basically perfect.

And I'm curious to see what others think of this. In my mind, since Comeback now has Special Charge Up on it, wouldn't that more or less negate the purpose of Special Saver? Yeah, I know they don't work quite the same, but if you had a choice wouldn't you choose the ability that has the same net effect and still gives you a bunch of other abilities? (I don't run either ability myself, so I was just wondering.)

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Personally, I'm most excited to see Tenacity get buffed. If I do end up the only squid alive during a match, at least I'll benefit with a greater chance of gaining a special. That way, I can destroy the other team and/or buy time for my own to get back in action.

That said, I also appreciate Bomb Sniffer finally getting a more practical use than just "Heads up, here be bombs!". Haunt's also going to be more useful than it is, as well; all those tracking weapons are going to benefit the trackee more than the tracker now. Last Ditch Effort's got a pretty nice buff, though I'm still on the fence on getting back into Ranked so it's not as critical for me. Oh, and Opening Gambit's buff is going to convince me to get my Special Forces Beret out of the closet and dust it off.

Looking forward to the next evolution of the meta!

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
I can't really pick one but I voted for Bomb Sniffer.
Honestly, I'm totally psyched for Last-Ditch Effort (the last 30 points in ranked? That can be a long time!), Haunt (powerup everytime you're tracked? Lovely!) and Bomb Sniffer (basically Bomb defense up? Nice!).
But basically all the buffs are interesting. I'll definitely use Ink Saver Sub (in case it wasn't self-evident, this is why) more than before because I love throwing bombs and being able to throw more of them is what I always wanted.
I was already using Ink Recovery and Tenacity, so I'll probably continue to do that. Ink Saver main, well the buff isn't big, maybe I'll replace it with Ink Saver Sub on some sets (depends on the weapon), we'll see.
Opening Gambit sounds almost OP but since it's still only for the first 30 seconds, I'm not sure if I want to use it.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Opening Gambit sounds almost OP but since it's still only for the first 30 seconds, I'm not sure if I want to use it.
I can see opening gambit being especially useful in rainmaker, since those matches can actually end in less than 30 seconds.

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
I can see opening gambit being especially useful in rainmaker, since those matches can actually end in less than 30 seconds.
Yeah, that's why I always thought opening gambit (in its current pre-2.6.0 form) was only useful for RM exclusively. I'd say that won't change through the update, but we'll see. :)

BTW I like how your signature is structured, I just adopted that for mine. :)

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Yeah, that's why I always thought opening gambit (in its current pre-2.6.0 form) was only useful for RM exclusively. I'd say that won't change through the update, but we'll see. :)

BTW I like how your signature is structured, I just adopted that for mine. :)
Yeah. And thanks. My signature was semi-inspired by someone else here, but can't remember who it was. Now that i think about it, i should add the fresh squiffer to this list. Thanks for reminding in a sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom