• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon is available in France, any questions ?

kinetik07

Senior Squid
I didn't pay attention to graffiti/billboards, I've seen some still, probably pre-set ones.
There are pre-set Inklings (and Jellyfishes) all over my Plaza, they are equipped with standard gear pieces, nothing fancy.

EDIT : I said earlier the campaign was not really hard. But some scrolls are really well hidden, and on some levels you can't go back to check things you've missed.
Thanks

I was gonna ask if the graffiti/billboards were the same as the testfire ones, but it's not a big deal, I'll just see for myself next week.

Dragonite

Full Squid
NNID
JameSdEke
Sounds like a fun enough campaign, shame you can't get online. Can't believe the shop is locked out and only accessible online. (Assuming that's what you meant when you referred to the "store"). So psyched for getting this game though!

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Because I don't have any capture card actually.

Trader Games is known in France for selling their games as soon as they receive them. :)
Well that's.. interesting. Do they not get in trouble with any companies or anything?

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
Because I don't have any capture card actually.

Trader Games is known in France for selling their games as soon as they receive them. :)
im surprised that doesn't break their contract with Nintendo...

Kosaki

Pro Squid
NNID
Kosaki-0
I don't know either how Trader Games manage to get away with all this.

Sounds like a fun enough campaign, shame you can't get online. Can't believe the shop is locked out and only accessible online. (Assuming that's what you meant when you referred to the "store"). So psyched for getting this game though!
Played ~2h30 more since my previous post, just finished World 4. You can see 5 Worlds right from the beginning on the map. Don't know if there's anything more after completing World 5, if there is I won't spoil anything. I got 2 game over's for playing dumb so far.
It's a fun campaign, levels and bosses are good to play overall, it's not repetitive, but it's definitely not enough on its own to enjoy the game. It lacks in challenge, depth and it might be too quick to clear, assuming 5-6 hours is short. Still good to have though.

EDIT : And the storyline is pretty stupid. Get the scrolls for some background lel.
(It's not like anyone expected anything from it anyway.)

Last edited:

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
The same thing happened with Mario Kart 8, i believe France got the game 4 days early. I guess this is a trend now, after all, they know people will be paying extra for early copies.

Kosaki

Pro Squid
NNID
Kosaki-0
It was actually a fair price, got my copy for 40€ (pre-ordered it for 35€ somewhere else).
Would have waited if it was more expensive.

Vinny

Inkling
It was actually a fair price, got my copy for 40€ (pre-ordered it for 35€ somewhere else).
Would have waited if it was more expensive.
Still salty that NA priced the game 60$, still buying it though.
Anyway do you get to use a roller in any of the levels?

Homer Fanboy

Inkling
NNID
iamagrocerybag
This isn't really about the game, but the box art! Can you post a picture of the spine? Is it just gray text or does it use the logo? And is the icon the same one that's on the eshop?

Thank you!

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
Are you enjoying the backstory of the single player? Is there some kind of deeper message that goes beyond the traditional "good guys beat bad guys" archetype? If so, can you say what you liked so far?

Kosaki

Pro Squid
NNID
Kosaki-0
Anyway do you get to use a roller in any of the levels?
You can only use a custom version of a Splattershot in Octo Valley.

This isn't really about the game, but the box art! Can you post a picture of the spine? Is it just gray text or does it use the logo? And is the icon the same one that's on the eshop?
The edge of the cover doesn't have the logo, it's a text ("SPLATOON™"), same icon as the eShop's one.
It's the French box art.
Can't get a better picture right now sorry.

Are you enjoying the backstory of the single player? Is there some kind of deeper message that goes beyond the traditional "good guys beat bad guys" archetype? If so, can you say what you liked so far?
The story is really stupid. Hidden scrolls give some background to it. Doesn't seem to have any deep message. It's just Mario-tier.
It doesn't bother me that much.

Is the music recycled alot in single player?
There's a certain pattern in the levels and there's a certain music playing for each type of level. So yeah, you can say it's being recycled.
I expected more than that to be honest.
Gusher Gauntlet is definitely my favorite theme of Octo Valley.

Kosaki

Pro Squid
NNID
Kosaki-0
Just finished Splatoon solo campaign in roughly 7 hours (100%, not all upgrades). The final boss is SO GOOD, 10/10, was worth it.
Lost some time redoing some levels, I expect average players can beat Octo Valley in 5, or 6 hours for a 100% run.

Dragonite

Full Squid
NNID
JameSdEke
Just finished Splatoon solo campaign in roughly 7 hours (100%, not all upgrades). The final boss is SO GOOD, 10/10, was worth it.
Lost some time redoing some levels, I expect average players can beat Octo Valley in 5, or 6 hours for a 100% run.
You have the benefit of being "forced" to do the single player campaign, but say you had full access to online... Would the single player campaign feel a bit of a chore to do when you know you have online multiplayer readily available?

Kosaki

Pro Squid
NNID
Kosaki-0
If online was there, I would have spent my time grinding to lvl 10 and then do some Octo Valley, and probably do some online and weapon testing in the middle of the course.
The solo campaign is enjoyable so far, it's as pleasant as a 3D Mario game can be, there's some good gameplay ideas and it's not really repetitive.
That's my personal opinion, can't say if others may find it bothersome.

Now I'm mad I'll have to wait next week like everyone to play online.
Can't wait for tonight's Testfire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom