Splatoon Koshien opinions (and Japanese scene)?

WouterDutch

Inkling
NNID
cephas97
Switch Friend Code
SW-4168-2292-6422
I've been watching the splatoon koshien all morning. For those who don't know, an official competitive turf war tournament that decides the national champion in Japan. Personally I love the vibes there and find it very exciting to watch, but am mostly casual myself.
I'm curious to you guys, do you know about it, and what do you think of it?

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
It's interesting to watch but honestly I just think turf war's a bit boring as a spectactor, with cooler I don't think we get a lot of comebacks beacause it's not that hard for the better team to hold, but that just makes it really stale imo, you see one team clearly dominating a lot of the time which isn't fun to watch for 3 minutes

Also I watched it for a bit and it's hard to not get triggered by seeing a goddamn 12 year old pulling off unhinged movement and being clearly better at the game than I am lmao

WouterDutch

Inkling
NNID
cephas97
Switch Friend Code
SW-4168-2292-6422
Fair enough! Personally I've seen a good amount of back and forths, and close games, which have been pretty exciting. But I'd also get if watching turf just wouldn't be your thing.
As for the 12 year old, they have a separate elementary division, I think that one was going on when you were watching haha. Those Japanese kids are so good.

Quarter finals of the actual top teams is going on right now, for who's interested :) also interesting to see who makes it to worlds of these teams.

Edit: several old members of what was GGBoyz is about to play, which is a good example of a team that has been behind a lot so far, but almost always comes back from it. Their team fascinates me, like being behind would be a tactic

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom