• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon News Update: A Splatfest And Woolly World

Hey there squids and kids! We have a few fun things we wanted to share today so let's get right to it. It seems the next Splatfest for North America has been announced and it looks to be quite the battle. This will pit lovers of roller coasters against those who like water slides! It will be interesting to see which of these action packed rides will win the battle. It will begin on July 17th so Callie and Marie had better get ready to dance and sing once again! While players should keep an eye out for the inkoming Splatfest trucks there's another thing to watch for as well.

In the upcoming game Yoshi's Woolly World it is possible to scan in amiibos to make the cute little Yoshi's look a bit like a favorite Nintendo character. Well it looks like they wanted Yoshi to be inkredibly fresh as it was announced that Splatoon amiibos could be scanned in as well!

That;s it for our little update, so hopefully this news has readers excited! Give us those opinions on these developments below and don't forget to stay fresh!

Comments

D
I can't decide between roller coasters and water slides. Both are awesome.

Man, this ought to be interesting, though I bet water slides are going to be the more "hardcore" choice since the Inklings are...well, you know. That said, I'm going to pick those over roller coasters any day!

Also, Woolly World stuff. I don't know. I just don't think "YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A YOSHI" has the same ring to it.

Well this is a hard choice. But not really. Most people are probably gonna scan miiverse and see which side is so popular. Yea, that's what it came to. The popularity shouldn't count because now one side for each Splatfest will be victorious because it's so popular even if it's water slides and roller coasters. So if people want to win and get more Super Sea Snails, they'll basically have to be forced on a specific team and I'm guessing people won't like that.

Anyway, I'm leaning towards the Waterslides team (one word: Water!) but I'm guessing it's going to lose because I just looked on Twitter and I feel like roller coasters are gonna win anyway. Looks like I'm only getting 18 Super Sea Snails :(

Last edited:
......Roller Coasters all the way! Too bad I don't use Rollers, then I could say come up with your typical Roller Meme.

Haven't been in a water slide since 7 years ago. Haven't been on a roller coaster 2 months ago...
Go team Roller Coasters!
Make sure to actually play the Splatfest because last time dogs lost by 1%!

Guys are the sides supposed to be choose-able yet? Because I can't pick a side right now. I just booted up my game and there was no update for it either. wtf?

Looks like we've got a new Splatfest and a new stage! :D (I already knew about the amiibo, though, since Nintendaan posted a video on his channel for amiibo, and it showed the Inklings.)

I'm fighting for roller coasters here. I like the less fast coasters, but they count (like the one in Tomorrowland in Disney World), and I hate getting soaked with water on rides (though, based off the depiction of "water" slides and how clothing somehow gets cleaned when jumping into ink, that doesn't really look like a problem anymore XD). But in the end, I just hope the team with the better win % in battles wins Splatfest, even if it isn't my team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom