Splatoon Online Squads

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
until august we can at least use the random matchups to determine who works well with who on a team and will give time for people who wont stick around to leave.

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
Yep it seems until August, Squads thread will be waiting.
But at least Squads with eight people will be able to play each other, and find out how will be the biggest contributers and what teams seem to work.
The competitive community should be SUPER happy about this!
RAISE YOUR TENTACLES!

Copilot

Senior Squid
NNID
CosmicCondor
Yep, we're waiting until August, but we can at least still form communities in that time, get friendly in that time and all that, and just play with each other. Get our practice in, and squad captains could start judging their members to see who looks like they'll fit best into the top slots of their squad. It's still really exciting, and just hearing that we can have 8 player lobbies is absurdly amazing. Let the competitive life of this game begin!

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Guys I think I'm going to leave this thread I don't think I'll have time to talk to fellow members of my squad much and I don't want too much pressure on me! So goodbye, I might check back when the game comes out but for now I'm going to leave. Goodbye everyone and squid on!

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hyrule, Mushroom, Nohr, Comet Observatory
Guys I think I'm going to leave this thread I don't think I'll have time to talk to fellow members of my squad much and I don't want too much pressure on me! So goodbye, I might check back when the game comes out but for now I'm going to leave. Goodbye everyone and squid on!
Aww that's sad dear but yes do come from time to time. after all it's not much just 22 days or 3 weeks. You should stay. Will you be attending Squads at Squidicide Squad when you return once your initiation is successful?

Also yes Everyone go out and practice your skills. In the mean time I'll practice more on Smash 3DS as I seem to be having a bad karma time recently. Once you all are stretched and about Squads will start as soon as the August update is to be delivered. Learn the game, power up, gear up, buy weapons, customize your appearance and set Squidabilities. Squads will be a must to play once Friend teaming is up on August.

Nico Nico Sleep

Pro Squid
Huge fan of this squad idea. It'd be cool to enjoy such an interesting title competitively with others who you share your interest with. Just popping into the main thread to ask if there's any squads currently that are more "unwinded". By that I mean any squad that allows for crude or profane jokes to be an okay thing. Not necessarily to be spoken every second, but when said, there's no issue.

I was a part of the Squids Next Door for like 1 hour before deciding that it wasn't for me; no hard feelings @RocketClauncher good luck with the group, man; I love the idea and everything you're doing with it. Keep it like that.

Vylan

Inkster Jr.
NEW SQUAD!!

Squad Name: The Inkredibles

Captain
@Vylan region: NA
Members
@Luigi Diabetes region: NA
@Nicholas Ghiradella region: NA
  • Will update with a new member tomorrow.
  • Will update with banner when semester ends.
  • Application will (hopefully) be out next week

RocketClauncher

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RocketClauncher
Huge fan of this squad idea. It'd be cool to enjoy such an interesting title competitively with others who you share your interest with. Just popping into the main thread to ask if there's any squads currently that are more "unwinded". By that I mean any squad that allows for crude or profane jokes to be an okay thing. Not necessarily to be spoken every second, but when said, there's no issue.

I was a part of the Squids Next Door for like 1 hour before deciding that it wasn't for me; no hard feelings @RocketClauncher good luck with the group, man; I love the idea and everything you're doing with it. Keep it like that.
No problem and understandable, with a group of 50 people, we need certain regulations.

Vylan

Inkster Jr.

Lol, dud, you should have asked me. All we do is make (mostly) pro-fain jokes, both obscure and obvious referential jokes, and generally curse like sailors, and we need someone close to that style
^This is casual conversation, friend to friend. We do know how to behave.

Last edited:

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Aww that's sad dear but yes do come from time to time. after all it's not much just 22 days or 3 weeks. You should stay. Will you be attending Squads at Squidicide Squad when you return once your initiation is successful?

Also yes Everyone go out and practice your skills. In the mean time I'll practice more on Smash 3DS as I seem to be having a bad karma time recently. Once you all are stretched and about Squads will start as soon as the August update is to be delivered. Learn the game, power up, gear up, buy weapons, customize your appearance and set Squidabilities. Squads will be a must to play once Friend teaming is up on August.
If I return I might just spectate and see how each squad evolves but for now I'm leaving. See Ya!

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Minor news. I've merged the Note outside the OP with the Squad Making tips and wrote a more obvious note were the original was. Also the Squads have been encased in a dropdown list within the spoiler. All this to make the OP smaller as it was growing too big. Also Even if the squad is incomplete (missing one or two members (minimum Squad as rule by the game is 4 members), submit it if you have a name so you can reserve the name Minimun member to allow registration is you (creator and leader) and one other member). If your squad doesn't have a name nor any members beside you then submitting one will be in hold until you name your Squad to prevent empty placeholders in the list or Squad spam

@Vylan Your Squad has been preregistered

@Right Whale Well if it's your wish dear then I cannot inkstop you. I hope you join one if you can and if not gather 4 of your best friends and make a Splatoon classic Squad with you a cocaptain and 2 members. The classic default team of 4. Easier to managed, best friend input no messes except the one you'll do on the turf.

Copilot

Senior Squid
NNID
CosmicCondor
Do you think we'll ever do large scale events with the squads, like competitive seasons (something like how UGC does a competitive season in TF2, weekly matches in a swiss bracket style (don't quote me on that, I'm not actually sure how they do the matchmaking)) or even just large scale tournaments between the squads?

Aura

Infiltrator
Hello everyone. I have an announcement to make regarding The Squid Squad.

First thing's first: we are not hiring anymore members. After watching The Splatoon Direct and accepting that 4v4 is definitely the maximum, I've decided that a squad bigger than what we currently have isn't needed and would be more of a burden than a blessing. I apologize to anyone who was looking for recruitment. That is all.

Salty Splatoon

Squad Captain: @MoonMonkey
Squad Co Captain: @IsmaR
Squad Members: @Smooth Criminal @APC99 @TheFirstPoppyBro @Scoliosis Jones @AEM
So @MoonMonkey went through with his plan then?

This ought to be good. And I'm not even kidding. I look forward to fighting you guys.

MoonMonkey

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Hello everyone. I have an announcement to make regarding The Squid Squad.

First thing's first: we are not hiring anymore members. After watching The Splatoon Direct and accepting that 4v4 is definitely the maximum, I've decided that a squad bigger than what we currently have isn't needed and would be more of a burden than a blessing. I apologize to anyone who was looking for recruitment. That is all.

So @MoonMonkey went through with his plan then?

This ought to be good. And I'm not even kidding. I look forward to fighting you guys.
Let's get it pop'n!

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
@Copilot I'm still on this. Idk much about tourneys but I have other people who know such as Flying_Tortoise who is more versed on it than me. I can ask him to help me host a Tournament if he has the time since I have very little means to do so and little knowledge about it but it sure is an idea I had which is a very good incentive for the Squads.

@Sarger I will try to convert your Rankings into Squads positions but remember you can't have two captains on a team unless your Squad is like Aura which has divisions. This is why you posted (UK/US) If not I will have to default you since you got the Squad presented here as the Captain and Kyle as co captain. King Duncan will go as a normal member.

@Aura Well I'm not saying it would come to this but somehow you ended with a smaller Squad just like I wanted them. I have no objection for bigger Squads just that every Captain be acceptable with the number. The more there are the less chance to participate in battle. And when tourney and cups come it's 4vs 4 that means its 4 of you vs 4 of the other area. And by extension, a captain will bring the best of the best to competition, therefore there will be member who may never see the light of the turf erm I mean day. So The smaller the Squad the better. IMO But that is up to the captain. Still The way it is is good looking for Aura. I'm going to go through a very long time when registering Rocketclauncher's Squad. Oh dear me haha. But no worries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom