Splatoon Reviews OUT NOW!

DaisyFan

Pro Squid
80 to 85 on MetaCritic for a new Nintendo IP. its indeed a good start if you ask me.

SquidisaWard

Full Squid
NNID
KaBlamJamDan
Gamexplain said they "loved" it, which is around 4 to 5 out of 5.

Main complaint is having to exit the lobby and switching out your weapons which make it hard to keep being in the same room as your friends. That's it, iirc.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So searching for Splatoon reviews, there were quite a bit of questionable headlines. Like: "Splatoon is a hot mess," and stuff. Most having to do with online.

Even with good reviews, not sure how much I like having negative headlines.

Also looking at the reviews, another common complaint is whenever you boot up the game, or the maps switches, you have sit through Squid news with the squid sister without a skip button.

...Yeah, even with liking Callie, not sure how much I like the idea of constantly having to sit through unskippable dialogue.

Gunster25

Pro Squid
So searching for Splatoon reviews, there were quite a bit of questionable headlines. Like: "Splatoon is a hot mess," and stuff. Most having to do with online.

Even with good reviews, not sure how much I like having negative headlines.

Also looking at the reviews, another common complaint is whenever you boot up the game, or the maps switches, you have sit through Squid news with the squid sister without a skip button.

...Yeah, even with liking Callie, not sure how much I like the idea of constantly having to sit through unskippable dialogue.
It really isn't as long as they make it out to be, in reality it's only about 10 seconds if you spam A.

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
I was expecting fairly low scores considering its a new IP from Nintendo, so I'm pleasantly surprised. Still, by the end of the summer it'll have a lot more content, which is the main complaint about the game it seems.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I honestly expected it to do well despite being a new ip.

The problems with Codename Steam and Wonderful 101 is that they didn't have too great of advertising and/or they had mechanics that were bothersome to people. Codename steam had slow enemy turns while wonderful 101 had unintuitive controls, (I hear).

Codename steam also had a generally unappealing art style I kept hearing. Can't say I liked it myself.

Splatoon had lots of advertising, a unique premise, simple controls, and a lovable cast of characters and artstyle.

I knew it would at least do well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom