• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon Showdown Series

Squidboards

Administrator
Admin
Premium
Nintendo of America has teamed up with Battlefy to bring us an open tournament running throughout the month of November!

Splatoon Showdown.jpg

Step 1: Gather 3 other teammates (and any backups)

Step 2: Register your team for the tournaments of your choice at battlefy.com/splatoon

Step 3: Make sure you show up early on Tournament Day and Check In using the button during the hour leading up to the tournament. Check start times on the website!

Step 4: Once the bracket is seeded, set your game up with your opponent using Battlefy's Private Match Chat

You'll be able to enter tournaments for each Splatoon game mode, on the following weekends

Turf War
Qualifiers: Nov 5 - 6
Finals: Nov 12

Tower Control
Qualifiers: Nov 12 - 13
Finals: Nov 19

Splat Zones
Qualifiers: Nov 19 - 20
Finals: Nov 26

Rainmaker
Qualifiers: Nov 26 - 27
Finals: Dec 3

Find some fellow squids and register!

LXjtWmH.jpg

• You must have at least four players on your roster
  • You must have one team representative in the support chat
  • Please take a photo of the victory screen in the case of a dispute
  • The team captain MUST check in to the tournament and each match!
  • This tournament is only open to players in North America
The top four teams will move on to the finals the following week. Good luck and have fun!

Tournament Format
  • Qualifiers will run as a best of 3 single elimination bracket in the selected game mode
  • Maps will be chosen by the tournament admin and announced before the bracket starts

Registration & Check In
  • Registration is handled through Battlefy. Click the Join button to register your team for the tournament.
  • You must have at least four members on your team to join.
  • You may include up to four substitutes but only the players who played in the final match will be eligible for prizing.
  • You can swap in substitutes between games but you must have them in the game within 5 minutes
  • The captain should be on Battlefy to click Check In in the hour leading up to the start of the tournament
  • The captain will have 10 minutes after each match starts to click Ready Up on Battlefy and begin setting up the game
  • If a match has not started within 15 minutes after the round has opened, the captain is expected to contact support on Discord
  • Support must also be contacted in case of delays during a match
  • If a match has not been completed 40 minutes after the round has opened and no contact with support has been made by either captain, both teams will be disqualified

Hosting & Disconnections
  • This tournament is open to North American players
  • The player from the team with the fastest but more importantly most stable connection should host (a wired connection is preferred)
  • If there is a dispute on who should host, the team with the higher seed number will host
  • If a player disconnects, the team will need to finish off the game without that player.
  • If the host disconnects, their team will receive a game loss and the opposing team must host the next game

Communication
  • Set up the game with your opponent using the included Private Match Chat on Battlefy and the tournament Discord server
  • The winner should report the score on the bracket once the match is complete
  • Both teams should take a picture of the victory and defeat screen in case of a dispute
  • There should be at least one representative of each team in the tournament’s support server on Discord
  • If you have any problems, please contact a tournament admin on Discord and link them to your match with full details of the issue

Seeding
  • Seeding will be done by the tournament organizers for the first tournament of each mode
  • After this first tournament, results will be accounted for in seeding
  • Only the top 32 teams will be seeded, the rest will be randomize
Captains can report their team's score.

7Rr8vJ8.jpg

The top four teams from each qualifier event will move on to the Splatoon Showdown Series Finals on the following Saturday.

In that tournament, you will play for:

1st Place Prize (x4)
  • Exclusive Poster Autographed by the Splatoon Development Team
  • Splatoon Plush
  • Splatoon Series amiibo Figures (3-pack set)
  • Squid Pin
  • Splatoon Squid Collectible Figure
2nd Place Prize (x4)
  • Splatoon Series amiibo Figure
  • Splatoon Plush
  • Squid Pin

3rd Place Prize (x4)
  • Splatoon Plush
  • Squid Pin

Only four members from each team will receive prizing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Exciting! I can't wait, Splatoon definitely deserves more competitive attention.

Really wish NA also had the opportunity to win an NS, though.

Last edited:

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NA NINTENDO TOURNAMENT??? =0
:Dhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn-

I re-read the prize list like 10 times looking for the Nintendo Switch... Still, this looks interesting.
They might make this a string of tournaments that lead into march, like in EU, if this goes well enough?

Dustin Gassera

Inkling
NNID
Mordo88
I'm looking for 2 team members to play in the splatoon showdownseries; I live in Florida (est standard time) me and my brother play every day and can't fiND other people that play at all, I'd really appreciate responses my nnid is Mordo88 thank you for reading.

darthteddy93

Inkling
I'm in PST and I'm willing to join anyone looking for team members. I do rainmaker & splat zones.

Last edited:

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
A quick question before the series begins: Who will be streaming for the spectators, if anyone?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I have the answer. Still would love to see a central dedicated channel for this series, though.

Last edited:

Dominick

Inkling
So hyped about this!
But...
I've never been in a group. Would anyone kind enough be able to invite me to one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom