Splatoon Slang

archie

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7575-5779-9669
So, obviously Splatoon has a whole range of its own game terminology, but I was wondering if there was any unofficial slang that was popular (like how some game communities use "smurf" for an advanced player posing as a low-level one, etc.).

Also, if people have ideas for terms, maybe we could all pitch them here and see if any of them take off (or just laugh about how silly they are :P)
Here's a few I've had:

bear: A player who hunts down campers.
wario battle: A battle where purple and yellow are the two colors.
kissing battle: A battle where both teams push all the way to the other team's spawn (i.e. they get all up in each others' mouths).

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
I mean there are some unofficial slang abbreviations the community has made.
Most of them are abbreviations for weapons like: "SSP" for Splattershot Pro, "ttek" for Tentatek Splattershot, a famous perk combo like "qrsj" standing for Quick Respawn Stealth Jump. The most obscure abbreviation for a weapon I've heard of is "Long Nose" for the rapid blaster pro, just because it's nozzle is so elongated compared to the regular rapid.

Woomytales

Inkling
LA Lakers: If Yellow/Purple are the ink colors.
Unexplainably Juicy: If Pink/Green are the ink colors.
Jack In The Box: A Roller main camping behind a wall.
Friendly Warfare: When your entire team squid parties amongst each other, but the other team isn't having it.

Ember-Wisp

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
IceCrystalEmber
Switch Friend Code
SW-6109-1903-3315
So, obviously Splatoon has a whole range of its own game terminology, but I was wondering if there was any unofficial slang that was popular (like how some game communities use "smurf" for an advanced player posing as a low-level one, etc.).

Also, if people have ideas for terms, maybe we could all pitch them here and see if any of them take off (or just laugh about how silly they are :p)
Here's a few I've had:

bear: A player who hunts down campers.
wario battle: A battle where purple and yellow are the two colors.
kissing battle: A battle where both teams push all the way to the other team's spawn (i.e. they get all up in each others' mouths).
I'm still learning the slang so there's a lot I still want to know. like, what is "Woomey"? is it a meme? I make up a lot of crazy words in the heat of battle so I'll just have to remember what I said after I play.

Mr. 9

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
interesting_deal
I'm still learning the slang so there's a lot I still want to know. like, what is "Woomey"? is it a meme? I make up a lot of crazy words in the heat of battle so I'll just have to remember what I said after I play.
Ha ha, no worries. "Woomy" is what the female inklings say when you hit the celebration button on the d-pad.

Ember-Wisp

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
IceCrystalEmber
Switch Friend Code
SW-6109-1903-3315
Ha ha, no worries. "Woomy" is what the female inklings say when you hit the celebration button on the d-pad.
That's adorable! I didn't know there was a "celebration" button on the D-pad. unless "Booyah" is the celebration button. Then I guess I just never noticed. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom