Splatoon Spin Offs - A possibility?

Dragonite

Full Squid
NNID
JameSdEke
It looks like Nintendo are throwing a few spin-offs out there for a few different games at the moment, such as Metroid Prime: Federation Force, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Design/Amiibo Festival and of course, Legend of Zelda with Hyrule Warriors.

What are your thoughts on a Splatoon spin-off? What would you like to see?

If you look back to the Splatoon Single Player trailer Nintendo uploaded 7 Months ago, you see what looks like one of the GamePad games you play while waiting to be put in a match. (see image below)

I'd actually quite like to see this updated and fully optimized for the 3DS as a side-scrolling squid adventure. It has plenty of potential and could be really fun. Just imagine going squid form to duck enemy attacks and climb up walls to get to certain areas, this could even work as a prequel to show off the back-story of the Inkling/Octoling war.

What do you guys think? Any other ideas in mind?

doop

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Elias56
the idea you came up with is cool but isn't it too soon for a spin off. let's see if this game has any staying power

Dragonite

Full Squid
NNID
JameSdEke
Oh of course, I don't expect anything right now or within the next couple of years. Just thought I'd throw around a bit of speculation and see what ideas people had in general.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Didn't the developers mention in an interview that the inklings could do more than shooting and that they wanted to maybe let them appear in games of different genres later on?

Dragonite

Full Squid
NNID
JameSdEke
Didn't the developers mention in an interview that the inklings could do more than shooting and that they wanted to maybe let them appear in games of different genres later on?
Not familiar with that interview, but that's quite interesting. There's so much potential in the Splatoon franchise and I really hope it just sky rockets from here on out.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Man, I hope Splatoon sticks around and becomes one of the new Nintendo franchises.
I feel like they could embellish the single player to the level of Super Mario Galaxy and it would be worth a sequel.

Anyways, if they did some animal crossing -ish spin off, people could get their apartments and pants stores!

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
I'd love that. I feel as if the world of the Inklings can be expanded beyond them liking turf wars a lot, and spin-offs can give that opportunity to flesh out the world. It's too soon for a spin-off (for now), but I can see them succeeding with them in the future.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Splatoon is gonna need some sequel before we think about spin-off But would be cool is the idea is interresing ye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom