Splatoon Twitter is a dumpster fire right now, let's try to get this website more active!

Lightspeed_Lunatic

Senior Squid
I've been bringing up Squidboards to in the replies of anyone asking anything like "Where do we go if we need to ditch Twitter", so hopefully I've been getting at least a few people interested!

Cephalobro

This is a perfect opportunity to get Squidboards back into popularity, as Discord isn't a reliable source either since chat rooms get really messy, and can be hard to find old info that's still useful because of chat rooms.

janefiggys

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0825-2198-7793
Context: Elon added a Rate limit for non-twitter blue users, so no one can scroll twitter for a long time.
I actually saw someone under one of Chara's tweets mention something about the Squidboards, so I actually just checked it out and said screw it and made an account here, it's not terrible, I think it's fine! And if Twitter is really 100% a goner I wouldn't be surprised if more people end up here, too.

cryfecta

Full Squid
the inner machinations of my mind (an enigma)
Pronouns
she/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-5691-3169-7019
I actually saw someone under one of Chara's tweets mention something about the Squidboards, so I actually just checked it out and said screw it and made an account here, it's not terrible, I think it's fine! And if Twitter is really 100% a goner I wouldn't be surprised if more people end up here, too.
Same! I kinda like it here, definitely a breath of fresh air. Such a shame it's as empty as it is, though. Makes me wish that the community wasn't so ingrained into Twitter, because we can definitely do better.

starry_echo

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0303-8738-0802
Discord is helpful once you're in the community to have voice chats with teammates and arguably faster communication mid-tournament, but it is very very very isolating for the community. I feel like a hybrid squidboards + discord would be the best approach, but that also means getting Squidboards to be a helpful place for the community. We gotta make posts other than just "twitter is dying let's go back to squidboards" without an actual plan for welcoming new folks here, it'll just lead back to the same problem.

A few things twitter has over squidboards is the ability to post clips to twitter directly, as well as support for the non-english parts of the community. Not sure how squidboards could create alternatives/solutions to those ideas.

Diolass

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-0746-2241-9712
Discord is helpful once you're in the community to have voice chats with teammates and arguably faster communication mid-tournament, but it is very very very isolating for the community. I feel like a hybrid squidboards + discord would be the best approach, but that also means getting Squidboards to be a helpful place for the community. We gotta make posts other than just "twitter is dying let's go back to squidboards" without an actual plan for welcoming new folks here, it'll just lead back to the same problem.

A few things twitter has over squidboards is the ability to post clips to twitter directly, as well as support for the non-english parts of the community. Not sure how squidboards could create alternatives/solutions to those ideas.
Hi Echo :3

Shayreep

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1285-8726-3991
yea discord is useful for what it is, which is a chatroom for you and your friends. But building an entire community in it just means we're all like, sitting at isolated lunch tables apart from each other. But also i feel like it might be very hard to change the opinions of the younger ppl in this community.... everyone is just used to the twitter/discord hybrid format, its so ingrained by this point

Lightspeed_Lunatic

Senior Squid

True. Maybe we should contact Warchamp to see if he's working on anything, and/or give him some of our ideas. If he could add in a feature similar to Google Translate, that could solve a good chunk of the language issues.

seth_the_inkling

Senior Squid
Please do! I revived this account after 5 years of inactivity just to say Twitter is literal cringe. I'm happy this still exists and I'm happy to return!

- aif (Alex is free)

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
Please do! I revived this account after 5 years of inactivity just to say Twitter is literal cringe. I'm happy this still exists and I'm happy to return!

- aif (Alex is free)
Same here. My account was inactive for about the same amount of time and I decided to revive it after trying other places like Reddit. Then I realized I can't stand Reddit, especially after that blackout they pulled last month. I realized I like dedicated forums like this one a heck of a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom