• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon Won't Survive in its Current Condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grasp

Inkster Jr.
It's sunday night, 7pm EST, and I'm sitting there for two minutes waiting for a battle to finish because there are no other available players at the moment. I finally get into a battle, and its me as a level 7 (circumstances, was using brother's ID, literally only took interest in Wii U for this game) and one other sub 10 pitted against level 15-20's.

I've seen so much praise about this game, or otherwise people playing the "it's been a week, can't judge" excuse, it's time to see some critique. Because first impressions matter, and new players might not be so willing to give the game that week, especially if they can still get a good price at the Gamestop for a trade in.

Now let's go through the list of problems...

- If your accuracy isn't good, you're gonna get wrecked.

- I sat at "chill" for a good 4 matches. By the mid of the fourth one and dying for my umpteenth time, I realized I no longer gave a **** and just wanted the match to end. Got tired of getting curb stomped four times in a row. Kicker? I waited after the second match for a shot at a new group. Barring any potential Japanese repeats, I got a new list of English names at least. No such luck. Still ended up with roughly 30%-60% losses. Every. Single. Match.

- No visible form of pairing far as I can tell. Or if the game does try to stick low levels with low levels, there simply aren't enough anymore. You either got in on the first wave of players and crunched to 20, or you'll be weeded out by the bigs picking on the smalls. Way to go, Nintendo.

- At the very least, they could look at the players that won the last match and try to separate them, instead of this RNG assignment bull$#!%.

- Getting shot at at all is a death sentence since an opponents blob can and will slow you TO A CRAWL. Weapons are supposed to drop ink at one's feet, but this only happens very occasionally, instead of with every shot. This is in fact a deal breaker, since the first one to get hit turns into a turret unless they get immediately lucky, meaning easy pickings for the one that can still move (and aim.)

- Dying means losing special meter. Freaking ironic, since it's the tool that can easily turn the tide of battle and when you're getting stomped, you sure as hell aren't going to get to use it.

- My 2 enhancements per slot vs their 4. GG.

- Japanese laggers.

- There's no consolation for a losing streak what-so-ever. I'm level 7. Thanks for making leveling (read: getting up to par with the 20's) even more painful. I'd like to make 1000 exp per run, not, oh... 600-700, MAYBE. Getting curbstomped makes it hard to ink territory at all.

- No boost to poor performers either. Hell, a respawn time reduction for the team clearly losing would maybe improve the losing team's chances. When the entire enemy team is sitting just outside the spawn circle and no one can get through because it's hard to be sneaky when moving fast requires inking the ground first... or a ton of resistance and inkling speed, it's kind of a "why even bother" moment.

- Control scheme is actually on the level dog piss. Sticks only is clunky as hell due to lack of tuning (gotta push the sticks half way to even get a response) and my tactic of making finite adjustments by strafing is wrecked by getting stuck on enemy ink. Basically, they have to line themselves up for me. Motion controls are wonky. If I need to look up and adjust to the left, apparently I have to actually turn my controller to the right. Mind, they can desync, so I have to constantly reset just to look up or down reliably, which is never when I actually, really need to.

- Player base is split between turf war "public" games and ranked matches. Please, make the player pool in turf wars even shallower for your up and coming pre-10's. I get that reintroducing the rank 10+ addicted to ranked matches to the turf war pool just means more double digits vs. the few newbs, but at least those newbs will be less likely to see the same few 15-20's repeatedly, whom I'm fairly certain are at this point just seeking easy item leveling. The newbs seriously desire to be stomped by the same double digits over and over and over.

I can see this maybe changing once the allure of new game modes wears off, but it's still a gamble, and still stupid of Nintendo to split the player base like this.

Basically, this game has no safety net, and the newbs will be run off too fast to keep the game popular for long. Mark my words. I'll of course give it a few more tries over the week, but I'm not feeling particularly optimistic. If I'm not having fun because I feel whatever I'm doing is futile and I never feel like I even have the chance to win - I lose motivation, and eventually I quit. Like everyone else.

That's Splatoon's reality. It IS NOT a long term game in it's current state. There is too high a wall to climb, and the only way new players are going to climb it is if they're just that stubborn or they get really lucky with their team allotments and at least see 50-50 win-lose ratios that aren't complete stomp fests.

It is very telling when what should be prime time there seem to be so few players on I actually have to wait for a match (over 2 minutes, so it's among one of the only ones!) to end, and 90% of the players I do end up getting stuck with easily double my level. So low player numbers, and the extreme minority of those player numbers are under level 10.

I'd give this game a year, but I can barely justify 6 months before only the "pro circuit" really remains, if it even takes off.

Your "tips" are not welcome. Not the point of this thread, and most players won't visit an information medium to see them, making them moot. You'll notice, MOST of the above list is entirely in Nintendo's power to fix.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
Even if it's you + a bunch of level 20's, that would mean you'd still have level 20's on your team to carry you while you get the hang of the game. If it were me I'd just go about my business inking things and just avoid enemies, if I knew I couldn't beat them. Sorry the game / controls aren't living up to your expectations though, that's a bummer

Also, 600-700 points (without the victory bonus) is actually pretty decent!

L176

Inkling
NNID
Latu176
I too think that Nintendo could work on matchmaking and balancing the teams in regular, but I still also think that most of your complaints are fixable by just getting better at the game. You shouldn't give boosts to a losing team just because suck (only exception should be games where one of the team mates is disconnected).

Grasp

Inkster Jr.
This apathy is why the game is on the way out. Try leaving ranked for regular some time. I shouldn't be waiting for a match to end at prime time for starters. And coming out on top of my team 3/4 games I play and the other 1/4 I'm right behind the lead guy means it ain't me. Just played a bunch more. Not one single victory.

Game needs work. Period.

AlpacaJesus837

Full Squid
NNID
alpacajesus
Hello there! I see that you are pretty angry about certain aspects of the game. However, there are a few inconsistencies in your statements. Seeing that most of this is an anecdote, and therefore uses a lot of anecdotal evidence, I will try to pick pieces of you argument to try to explain the whole thing a lot better.

First off, I am going to say that Splatoon will last in it's current condition.

Here are some reasons why that have been observed by many other people, not just only me:

1. Just because you or another player is a low level, does not mean that they are falling behind and unable to win in turf war or reach a higher rank. In all honesty, it would be a much better environment if everyone was level 20. Those who are not level twenty have a great disadvantage due to the fact that they have not unlocked all the weapons and cannot exactly compete with those who have had more practice and experience in the whole online metagame. You stated: "No visible form of pairing far as I can tell. Or if the game does try to stick low levels with low levels, there simply aren't enough anymore. You either got in on the first wave of players and crunched to 20, or you'll be weeded out by the bigs picking on the smalls. Way to go, Nintendo." However, you must realize that you will be paired up with those who are level 20 and be able to take the win. It does not matter if you are in a losing streak or a winning streak either. It's variance. Some games you will win because you have a more strategic team, while others you will lose due to the fact that you have a very unstable team and cannot control the turf properly. Your level does not matter and it is not nintendo's fault that you continue to lose.

2. You stated that "If your accuracy isn't good, you're gonna get wrecked." However, that is the point of this game. You cannot expect to have crappy accuracy and win games. That is why you need practice. To solve this, play more games and just try and improve on that accuracy. It doesn't matter if you win or lose these games, it just matters whether you get the practice necessary to be able to shoot more accurately. This also goes hand in hand with your statement, and I quote, "Getting shot at at all is a death sentence since an opponents blob can and will slow you TO A CRAWL. Weapons are supposed to drop ink at one's feet, but this only happens very occasionally, instead of with every shot." You state that weapons are supposed to ink one's feet...but they aren't weapons are made to shoot the opponent and keep them from advancing and getting into your territory. You also said that there are no escape routes and getting shot leaves you dead in the water. However, this depends on where you are getting shot. You are probably getting shot in their territory or against an uninked wall. Those conditions make it extremely difficult to escape your opponent, which is logical. However, you have better chance of escaping your opponent and counter-attacking. Just be wary of your surroundings in order to avoid this and do not just rush the opponent without a clear strategy in mind.

3. Now I would like to hit all of your arguments, but I do not have the time nor the stamina to write 7 more giant paragraphs, so 'd like to focus on this statement.

> "Mark my words. I'll of course give it a few more tries over the week, but I'm not feeling particularly optimistic. If I'm not having fun because I feel whatever I'm doing is futile and I never feel like I even have the chance to win - I lose motivation, and eventually I quit. Like everyone else."

This irks me quite a bit, seeing that you are just using your own experiences to justify if the game is bad and won't last long. However, you fail to see the greater picture. There are many players in splatoon. Think of it this way. The bad luck and experiences that you have encountered signify the small demographic of players who have the same circumstances as you and eventually quit this game as you have stated. However, this is nowhere near nintendo's fault. There are some flaws to this game, and some need to be fixed. However, the flaws that you state do not benefit the whole player base nor does it benefit the greater player demographic, which is mostly level 20 players. These conditions mostly just help yourself and all others experiencing this. Here are some examples of what I'm talking about. I will use your statements to explain this.

> "My 2 enhancements per slot vs their 4. GG."

How will nintendo fix this? This is completely due to the fact that you have not leveled up and reached that certain point. Again, it is not hard to level up, just continue to play more games in turf war, whether you win or lose, and gain more experience. These kinds of games take time and nobody can just pick it up and call themselves a master.

> "Japanese laggers."

This one is a bit self-explanatory. There is no reason to cut them off Nintendo's servers just for you to level up. Lag happens, you just have to deal with it. They are experiencing the lag as well and they also have the same struggle as you.

> "I can see this maybe changing once the allure of new game modes wears off, but it's still a gamble, and still stupid of Nintendo to split the player base like this."

How? You are just simply a small portion of the whole player base. There are the newbies who have just started the game, usually 1-4, those who are familiar with the game, 5-9, dedicated players, 10-14, and experienced ones, 15-20. Most of the top players do not play in turf war. They go to ranked, which is filled with players who want to get to the highest rank. You are the smaller demographic and continue on to play turf war.. You are competing mostly with people within your section and a small portion of experienced and dedicated players that do not wish to participate in ranked battle.

That's all I can really say at the moment. There would be more, but my fingers got a bit tired...Hopefully you can see splatoon with a bit less anger.

AmewTheFox

Inkling
NNID
AmewTheFox
The only part of your post I would agree with is a lack of a definite "comeback button".

But, if it got to the point of a crushing loss, and they are painting in front of your spawn with impunity, I don't think that's the game's fault.

About getting players out of Ranked: The rewards are bigger in ranked. This will pull in people. However, there is the very high chance that if you lose, you get nothing. Turf Wars is really better for leveling up purposes. I could see some amount of biased team mix-up, if all the players stayed in the room.

Though, in all honesty, if the present players are crushing you in a room, move to a different one. There is a better chance that you'll find players you stand a chance against, or maybe some of those 20s will be on your side. If you're making 600-700p without the win bonus, I'd wager you're not a terrible player, and in this game, a level 1 player is just as able to kill someone as a level 20.

On slots: They actually have less of an effect than you think. Unless they got really lucky on rolling, chances are they stacked a few things, and are a bit less effective than four slots could be.

About ink-at-feet: shoot down, then run. If you've been ambushed, you can't do much about it. That's just how the game is designed. Deaths happen really fast.

The control works fine for me, but then again, I'm me and not you.

Also, the last bit irked me:

Your "tips" are not welcome. Not the point of this thread, and most players won't visit an information medium to see them, making them moot.
So, you're completely unwilling to listen to any and all advice? I mean, I understand you don't want people breathing down your neck about what you could be doing better (heck, I even have a couple in this post, actually) but the majority of them want to be helpful. It's mostly in human nature. If you're so determined about it, I think you're going to be a player that wouldn't stick around long, regardless.

And about "most players", after losing for a while, you think they wouldn't look to a source for what they're doing wrong? You've got that wrong. The kind of players that don't want to do that are players that aren't going to be around much. The best get better, the bads stay bad in that system. It's up to those bads to change something, it's not gonna come to them. Some are just naturally gifted for it, or had a head start. The amount of work those on the lower end will be greater, but it's not unreasonable to think. I assure you, I didn't know how anything in the game worked, and was once in a position of where getting to level 10 was a giant pain. As long as you score at least one point in turf wars, you make progress to the next level, and eventually get to a competing point.

Grasp

Inkster Jr.
How? You are just simply a small portion of the whole player base. There are the newbies who have just started the game, usually 1-4, those who are familiar with the game, 5-9, dedicated players, 10-14, and experienced ones, 15-20. Most of the top players do not play in turf war. They go to ranked, which is filled with players who want to get to the highest rank. You are the smaller demographic and continue on to play turf war.. You are competing mostly with people within your section and a small portion of experienced and dedicated players that do not wish to participate in ranked battle.

That's all I can really say at the moment. There would be more, but my fingers got a bit tired...Hopefully you can see splatoon with a bit less anger.
This is enough to tell me you didn't read my post very comprehensively. THE MAJORITY of players in turf wars are high levels. I don't even need the full five fingers on one hand to count the number of sub-10s playing in any given match. It's usually 2-3, including me. The game was fun when everyone was new and throwing ink all over the place. Now, I feel like I'm the only competent player on the team. If I'm lucky, There's someone just as competent. And at ~600-700 exp per match because, y'know, that's the average without the +300 win, leveling is kind of slow going. So is income. AND I don't even get Judd's little bonus at the end of the day because I'm chilling at 0.0.

*** laggers isn't something Nintendo can fix except to cut them off. It is out of their control to fix latency otherwise. However, it is STILL a factor in the new player experience that can and will have an impact.

Nintendo can fix the slot problem by not making it a problem at all. The fact that slots are tied to levels was a moronic move in fact.

The whole player base benefits from new blood sticking around. Players will no doubt ween off when the glamour and charm wear off. There is virtually zero reason to reduce the special gauge for getting splatted. The punishment is already 5 seconds plus travel time not spent inking, which in 3 minute matches, is pretty big. So the ace in the hole moves are reserved for those already winning. "Rich get richer."

There is no aim assist at all. This isn't a mouse and keyboard game, and some of the tactics for compensating (strafing into alignment) are completely negated by stepping into another teams ink. Yes, there is motion control - this still isn't nearly as precise as mouse control, nor will it ever be by it's very nature. New players will get crushed outright by the experienced players. Ever try getting into flying in Planetside 2? Good luck.

And it kind of is Nintendo's fault that I continue to lose. Their team balancing algorithms are practically non-existent. This is exacerbated by the lack of players in turf wars in general. The fact that ranked and regular are separated is the reason for this.

I get that it's still week one so the newness hasn't worn off on some people yet with the rapid updates, but the pre-10 game is getting worse by the day rapidly. Having to recycle through this because I was being dumb and playing on my brother's ID brought to light how ugly it's getting. If I were 20, I'd probably be blissfully unaware as well, struggling to move to the next rank.

But ah... apathetic gamers like this one:

>When does thread get lock?
Because silencing a voice that says "the game is far from perfect" is precisely how a game gets better. I'm whining because I hate Splatoon, clearly.

Grasp

Inkster Jr.
I feel like some of these perceived problems could be fixed with a way to better communicate with teammates.
Gosh, there have been too many times where this would have been useful. Effective? Can't determine. My experience in Planetside 2 is hit or miss, but there it's a numbers game, so someone is bound to listen.

So, you're completely unwilling to listen to any and all advice? I mean, I understand you don't want people breathing down your neck about what you could be doing better (heck, I even have a couple in this post, actually) but the majority of them want to be helpful. It's mostly in human nature. If you're so determined about it, I think you're going to be a player that wouldn't stick around long, regardless.

And about "most players", after losing for a while, you think they wouldn't look to a source for what they're doing wrong? You've got that wrong. The kind of players that don't want to do that are players that aren't going to be around much. The best get better, the bads stay bad in that system. It's up to those bads to change something, it's not gonna come to them. Some are just naturally gifted for it, or had a head start. The amount of work those on the lower end will be greater, but it's not unreasonable to think. I assure you, I didn't know how anything in the game worked, and was once in a position of where getting to level 10 was a giant pain. As long as you score at least one point in turf wars, you make progress to the next level, and eventually get to a competing point.
More apathy. Look, when I'm topping my team or coming out less than 50 points behind first place with a few splats under my belt, I think I can say it likely ain't me. I can see where fumbling a point on the map opens up the back door while the rest of team is tangled up in the middle, but I'm still personally coming out on top. Even when my team is getting stomped. I've yet to be on the stomping team today. In fact, I've yet to win one match today. Some got close, but no victories. Nothing like missing out on an entire level of bonus exp despite my best efforts. I could put up with the slow process until I can finally get involved in ranked matches but eh... when I no longer care about what happens in a match because I'm 100% convinced it will turn out the same way as the last 20 matches, that's when it's time to log off. Now I'm not putting in 100%.

I'm speaking of observations and problems - the entirety of the responses here are looking to provide advice so I can get better. Advice isn't the point of this thread. ONE GUY staying because of a few tips that literally boil down to "git gud" isn't going to keep new blood coming in. I don't need to be a new guy whining to point out the huge problems a new guy might have with the game. No, most that leave don't make a single complaint - the game ain't worth that kind of time, so be a little more appreciative that I care this much. I'm obviously ready to right a novel on this games problems and even some fixes for those Nintendo actually has control over.

There will no doubt be a core group playing this game when everyone else bleeds off. It's inevitable. The point however is the size of that group in the end, and how profitable it will be for Nintendo to keep the game supported on that group. When I'm waiting 2 minutes for a match to end in regular battles almost any time I leave a lobby to join another with hopefully different people, it already looks pretty bad.

That put a few things into perspective? I've played my fair share of MMO's. Pops die out, the game updates go stagnant. I don't see the process being any different here.

Last edited:

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
- If your accuracy isn't good, you're gonna get wrecked.
Why is this a problem? Are you really just complaining that skill matters?

- I sat at "chill" for a good 4 matches. By the mid of the fourth one and dying for my umpteenth time, I realized I no longer gave a **** and just wanted the match to end. Got tired of getting curb stomped four times in a row. Kicker? I waited after the second match for a shot at a new group. Barring any potential Japanese repeats, I got a new list of English names at least. No such luck. Still ended up with roughly 30%-60% losses. Every. Single. Match.
30-60%? I'm gonna average that out to 45% losses then. Which means 55% win rate. Which means >50%. What are you whining about? You can't have every player win all of the time, for every winner there has to be an equal and opposite loser. The average player has a 50% win rate, that's basic math. You win sometimes, you lose sometimes, that's life. Deal with it and quit being a sore loser.

- No visible form of pairing far as I can tell. Or if the game does try to stick low levels with low levels, there simply aren't enough anymore. You either got in on the first wave of players and crunched to 20, or you'll be weeded out by the bigs picking on the smalls. Way to go, Nintendo.
If you want matchmaking, play ranked. If you expect pure newbie-only lobbies, you're going to be waiting in queue a long time given that the ratio of newbies to veterans decays over time as newbies stop being newbies. That's the case in every game ever, I don't know what you're expecting.

- At the very least, they could look at the players that won the last match and try to separate them, instead of this RNG assignment bull$#!%.
Okay, so we take every player that won, and move them to the opposite team, then we take every player that lost, and move them to the opposite team... wait...

- Getting shot at at all is a death sentence since an opponents blob can and will slow you TO A CRAWL. Weapons are supposed to drop ink at one's feet, but this only happens very occasionally, instead of with every shot. This is in fact a deal breaker, since the first one to get hit turns into a turret unless they get immediately lucky, meaning easy pickings for the one that can still move (and aim.)
Don't Get Hit™

Getting the initiative typically wins, that's every shooter ever. Many weapons in this game outright OHKO, the ones that don't are balanced around the fact that they can at least pin their target. Bear in mind that if you do manage to escape your health regenerates so fast, which is why kills also need to be just as fast. It's on you to not let yourself get ambushed or pinned.

- Dying means losing special meter. Freaking ironic, since it's the tool that can easily turn the tide of battle and when you're getting stomped, you sure as hell aren't going to get to use it.
Don't Die™

- No boost to poor performers either. Hell, a respawn time reduction for the team clearly losing would maybe improve the losing team's chances. When the entire enemy team is sitting just outside the spawn circle and no one can get through because it's hard to be sneaky when moving fast requires inking the ground first... or a ton of resistance and inkling speed, it's kind of a "why even bother" moment.
Good. The last thing this game needs is Blue Shell rubberbanding. You have to earn your comebacks instead of getting rewarded for failure.

- Control scheme is actually on the level dog piss. Sticks only is clunky as hell due to lack of tuning (gotta push the sticks half way to even get a response) and my tactic of making finite adjustments by strafing is wrecked by getting stuck on enemy ink. Basically, they have to line themselves up for me. Motion controls are wonky. If I need to look up and adjust to the left, apparently I have to actually turn my controller to the right. Mind, they can desync, so I have to constantly reset just to look up or down reliably, which is never when I actually, really need to.
Motion controls are absolutely fantastic. They're positional, which is the same principle as a mouse. Tons of people are are able to use them just fine, and love the speed and precision. It's your problem if you can't handle it.

- Player base is split between turf war "public" games and ranked matches. Please, make the player pool in turf wars even shallower for your up and coming pre-10's. I get that reintroducing the rank 10+ addicted to ranked matches to the turf war pool just means more double digits vs. the few newbs, but at least those newbs will be less likely to see the same few 15-20's repeatedly, whom I'm fairly certain are at this point just seeking easy item leveling. The newbs seriously desire to be stomped by the same double digits over and over and over.
Split? Wait, are you now complaining that two is too many? Seriously?

All I'm hearing here is the whining of a sore loser. Really, all I can say to this is just GIT GUD.

RadioactiveMoth

Squidibli
NNID
RadioactiveMoth
Your level is not your rank: it's how long you played the game. I do think they should group similar level players together, but it isn't unfair to not. A lot of these are easily fixed with you playing more and getting used to the game. The win streak doesn't matter and only gives you some extra money if you talk to Judd. You can adjust the controls so you can make them work better for you. I'm fine if you don't like the game, but please don't come onto a forum dedicated to celebrating the game to complain about it. I recommend playing through all of the single player. You should enjoy that, and it will make you better at the game, and you might like turf wars after all. I hope you can find the game enjoyable sometime. It's always better to love many things rather than hate them!

P.S. Please don't be mean to them. You may have felt offended, but being rude just makes someone like community less, and can ruin the game. Let's positive thinking!

TimpaniGamer

Full Squid
NNID
TimpaniGamer
I do feel like a lot of this is based on the idea that if your level determines exactly how things are gonna go. Sure, a greater level means you have more experience, but that doesn't always mean you will always win. I've been on teams of people with levels 7-15, (I'm a 12 or 13) that have won against full 15-20 groups. Not to mention that there are a few ways to practice, as Octo Valley does provide good practice while not affecting your level. The skill is different between people and playstyles as well, as people have different outlooks on any given situation, meaning that you can't really judge how good someone is based on an in-game number.

Other than that, this sounds like the anger I sometimes get in the heat of battle, but spread out to the public. You just have to say "oh well" after a bad match and continue on. Blaming it on the game isn't a good thing to do (unless it's Sonic 06 :p). And if you're that worried about winning, missingno's advice above is the best thing I can see working:

Really, all I can say to this is just GIT GUD.

iNinja5567

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
iNinja5567
This type of thread was inevitable. There has been so much praise for this game, there was bound to be someone who hates it.

RadioactiveMoth

Squidibli
NNID
RadioactiveMoth
This type of thread was inevitable. There has been so much praise for this game, there was bound to be someone who hates it.
I actually hated my time with the demo. But something compelled me to pick it up when I was getting the new amiibos that were out that day, and I don't regret it. It just took some time for me to enjoy it.

Grasp

Inkster Jr.
Hate? No. If it was hate, you wouldn't see it at all, or worse - I would literally just slather the game in octo-ink and the post would be much shorter because I wouldn't care THAT much if I hated it.

It's called wanting the game to improve. And right now, this thread is constantly proving to me that people are too enamored with it still and with their own capabilities to even consider how the new player experience looks in comparison. It rocked when everyone was goofily learning the controls. Now? There aren't that many people outside of ranked matches, and among those that are outside ranked matches it's a disparity between those with lots of experience, and those just starting out, and there's nothing to help the guys just starting out. At all. The only thing that could possibly make the situation worse is if the pool in regular matches dried up to the point that matches couldn't get started at all. Law of statistics says this won't happen, not yet anyway. There's really no system in place to make sure there's enough people to get a regular match going either. That's what I meant by splitting the player base - there shouldn't be a level 10 lock out from ranked matches, where most players are. The entire player pool needs to be available to every player at all times or there will be a chance for a regular match drought, and the game really won't be in a good place then. Hard to level without anyone to play with.

30-60%? I'm gonna average that out to 45% losses then. Which means 55% win rate. Which means >50%. What are you whining about? You can't have every player win all of the time, for every winner there has to be an equal and opposite loser. The average player has a 50% win rate, that's basic math. You win sometimes, you lose sometimes, that's life. Deal with it and quit being a sore loser.
Let me clarify: 30% territory "good guys" and 60% territory "bad guys." That's the territory control at the end of the match. It's either close to even (and I lose anyway) or my side gets stomped. I haven't been in a stomping win for a few days now. Barely wins a few. It's easy to not care about a few losses or a short string. But to constantly be losing and losing hard? There is something VERY WRONG with the system in place at that point. Changing lobbies isn't helping. But then... I'm not always actually changing lobbies, dissappointing as that sounds.

So if I'm going on a huge losing streak, I'm sure someone in here (maybe) can imagine where I might see there's a problem with team balancing algorithms, or the lack there of. It can only get better... right? Oh, wait... pre-mades in August. Considering the current track record, I'm guessing they'll be matched up against pubbies. Speaking of experience in a plethora of other games: that won't end well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom